Am i a retard for thinking about buying a kia soul +?

Sup Veeky Forums

Convince me not to buy a kia soul +
>2017
>13k miles
>former rental car
>$16,500 before taxes and fees
>$18,000 after fees
>4% 72 month financing
>live in city/suburbs

Other urls found in this thread:

kisouman.com/vehicle_break_in_process-395.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>former rental car
Why do you think they're getting rid of it?

cause rental companies get rid of assets after a year or 2 to avoid drastic depreciation,

Idiot. L2Buisness

They had like 5 of them there all same condition.

I live in an area with lots of tourists so theres a metric fuckton of rental cars around.

>spending more than 3k on a used car
you have issues

>2017
>13k miles

Is it really THAT used?

I mean it still has factory warranty for 5 years

So you think that buying a car with unknown history driven by countless careless morons that's about to lose a lot of of its value is a good move?

13k miles is really little, so this is good.
I usually don't trust rental car companies but you said it mostly tourists who drove it so it might be ok(tourists in america/ west europe don't do stupid stuff in rent cars)
if rental car companies don't have bad reutation and maintain the cars good I say go for it.

It's better than buy new car

Thanks a lot for the info user.

Im US based in the same city as disney world and universal studios

How is it better? A man renting a car is obviously not going to be as careful as with his own car. And the rental company won't be going an extra mile to maintain the car because they're going to sell it anyway. So the suspension will be fucked more than it should have been, there might be engine issues because the guy who drove it for the first 100 miles decided to rev it to the red line, manual gearbox might have its clutch worn out, and auto could have been overheated.
A lot of stuff that won't really affect the everyday driving until it's too late.

Most blue pill car on the market

>drove it for the first 100 miles decided to rev it to the red line
Isn't car engines today come without the need for a "break in" for first 1000 km? so you can rev it since the beginning

also OP can you take the car for a shop/garage in order the check the car before buying it?

Depends on the features. Base model is Tata nano tier, top trim is cadillac tier comfy.

Yeah theres a 3 day return period where i can have it looked over

its idiots like you that go out and buy your riced civics for 3,000 and then complain on Veeky Forums that your half axle rusted and your alternator doesn't work but you lack the competence for basic repairs so you end up dumping more than the car is worth in repairs

I mean im about as redpilled as they come. How does this car have anything to do with politics?

Generally curious

It's better than it used to be before, but apparently they still suggest it.
kisouman.com/vehicle_break_in_process-395.html

Sounds like you've already convinced yourself and you're not going to listen to anyone on here.

>trusting orlando tourists
I wouldn't trust anyone who lives here to drive my car yet alone a fucking snowbird.

Its fairly standard for
>cloth seats
>power pretty much everything except seat
>rear view camera

Interior is in near perfect shape too.

Its not that im not open to advice, its just that so far the only dissenting opinions are "hurr durr fuck rental cars"

Test drive seemed fine and i was going to have my mechanic check it out.

Is there any useful advice about the car other than the fact that you are opposed to ex rental cars that you have to add or are you just here to shitpost about your lowered civic and 160 stickers?

>Most blue pill car on the market
But he doing a redpilled action by buying used and not new car

Just A/C? Then it's a fucking base trim.

Be sure it is a " return" period and not " exchange" period. Dealerships aren't Wal-Mart.

climate control is a meme anyway

Yeah. Im not really needing anything super fancy. I just need a car to get me through the next few years while i finish up gping back to college.

The inside seemed comfy but not /C O M F Y/ but i would rather my dollar go to a more reliable car then aesthetic extras

This. It's basic bitch trim. Higher end trims have wireless phone chargers, power seats, heated mirrors/seats. Not surprising seeing as how it is a rental.

Also, this car will depreciate about 4-5k during the next year.

Have you considered toyota rav-4? You can get one with a few more miles on it and 1-2 years older for the same price. Benefit is it won't depreciate as steeply and is a remarkably reliable vehicle.

Just double checked

5 day return not exchange.

Thanks for the tip tho user.

I will look into it. Thanks user

It's not about the lack of climate control (which is awfully nice to have, up to the point I don't even consider cars without one), but the fact that it's a base trim.
For fuck's sake, MSRP for that piece of shit is $19k, and you're going to get a discount once you go to the dealership.

What was the price again? $16500? Lolno.

its mainly drug dealers that rent cars here in the UK, and put it this way they arent exactly kind to them.

Eh, my friend has a 2015 one that was a rental with 32k miles and it’s been fine for her. It needed a tie-rod end and brake pads when she bought it, but that’s ezpz stuff to do yourself if you can turn a wrench.
It’s comfy enough, and decent in snow if that matters. Decent amount of room inside. Heater in hers is fucking amazing, A/C is fine. Auto shifts whenever it feels like it. She now has 78k on it with just tires, pads, and fluids since she bought it.

Hers only needed the rod-end because the grease fittings were all fucked up from some monkey using the wrong head on them.

K

Yeah, in my area its all pretty much tourists taking wife and kids to disney world.

Although renting a car to deal drugs is actually pretty smart

Ok, I missed the +. I'm sorry.

Now go to the dealership and ask for a quote.

Already did.

Local dealerships new are wanting like 19500 which comes out to like 21000 after all the bullshit.

I think the $3000 is worth some brit touriss driving it from the hotel to disney back to the airport, admittedly cars are not my most knowledgeable subject and i appreciate the advice.

Just get a Sentra if you want a new car so badly.

only 3k I thought the different was more, now idk
or a used one

>4% 72 month financing
I think you can take a loan from the bank or credit card in better rates

Really want the extra space of a SUV but i did think about a sentra tho.

You know you can get a 2009 honda fit for 4k now.

just get a civic for 3k faggot. why would you spend 18k on a shitty econobox?