Classic race car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

indeed

How successful were the ford galaxies and mustangs in BTCC?

The champion in 1963 drove a Galaxie. No idea about the mustang

i do not understand the classics appeal.
every car itt is more uncomfortable and slower than a camry. if it has a v8 it would be perfect.

Old mustangs and galaxies would probably be slower than a camry but i doubt the Shelby Daytonas and those old porsches would.

The v8 is worth it, but have you driven a classic lately? The steering wheel doesn't even have airbags. It just feels unsafe and weird.

Don’t drive them then

i won't and neither should you.

The Galxies were 3-5 seconds faster than the rest of the field per lap in all but two races

You would be surprised
youtube.com/watch?v=UD48OX1wu14

Mustangs in this era were MUCH faster than 911s

>600hp 2100lb porsche
>slower than a Camry

prepare to get / c o m f y / bois

Guess i highly underestimated the land barge, those fuckers could fly... i also thought 911s were faster since they look sleeker than the pony cars.

you have to remember that in 1967, the most powerful 911 was around 170ish hp when the average full size was putting out about 320-350 at the wheels. tied with huge rubber, they just muscled their way around the track

Americans knew how to turn relatively stock cars from that era into really fast race cars because all of the wildly popular racing in the 60s (A/FX, Nascar, Trans Am) was homogation based and used mostly stock chassis. The Falcons Kitkat is posting weighed 2250lbs. The Galaxies were over 3k lbs but had ~450hp without much modification to the engine outside of upping the compression ratio.

classic american race cars are patrician. I would totally love to have a falcon sprint at some point. Speaking of which, have you done anything with the comet lately?

reminder rush was the best racing movie from the last decade

Nah, it's just sitting. I'm not going to do anything more to it until I move to a place with a shop or rent a shop that I can pull it fully apart to do all the chassis work and rebuild the engine.

I hear you there. I just started the teardown for the 302 I am building for the ford. Trying to figure out what accessory set I will be running, I think I will stick with a V belt

take your fucking trips off faggots, trips died with dead.

>engaging in an conversation with a supreme busrider

I recommend lurking more before you post on Veeky Forums.

But dude, you know he is an oldfag because he name dropped Dead, who had a POS $1k Volvo and would post slowpoke combos every hour, but now he's fondly remembered by everyone pretending to be an oldfag.

dead died when he bought a miata

>now he's fondly remembered
wat
a
t

>thinking I need to prove how long I've been here to feel better about myself

Tripfucks have always been arrogant cunts, including dead. Died with dead simply rolls off the tongue well.

All you need to do is simply remove your trip and name when there is no reason for anybody to identify you.

But then all the street cred goes to Anonymous

>I've been here for 5 years and I'm still whining about a feature of the board
Do you typically find complaining gets you results? Do you think people on the internet actually are going to read your whiny post, think "hmm, that's great advice," and do what you say? Typically it takes someone about an hour to figure out that's not how the internet works, maybe you are a slow learner.

I've never influenced a tripfag to remove his trip, mostly due to you being so far up your own asses that the worry of nobody recognizing you and getting no attention or internet penis points greatly overshadows the alternative of posting like everybody else. I can only hope to be an annoying reminder of how truly egotistical you are.

>enters thread
>contributes nothing
>first post tries to name drop to suggest he is a longtime poster
>whines
>whines some more
>suggests he is serving some reminder that people with usernames are somehow looking to boost their ego on a board where every poster is either negative or apathetic and posts are forgotten 5 minutes later
Great job, you are really making a difference! Keep trying, you'll get those mean old tripfags someday.

As I said, "died with dead" simply rolls off the tongue well. It doesn't matter if I've been here weeks or years, at the end of the day you're still an attention seeking sad act who needs constant validation from other internet users

>everyone posting awesome vintage race pics
>interesting discussion
>screeching autist comes in not posting about cars attempting to argue with everyone in the thread about meta nonsense
And it's tripfags that are looking for attention and validation? You are the only person in this thread that meets that description.

camaros attempting to turn

larger version for people who want to read the ant text.

>an

>is a tripfag
Nice pic but your wrong in this instance

Also good thread ill post the 1 pic i have sry its not a vintage pic or a raec car

This triggers the ford

says the faggot trip misuser

>implying slopars didn't get triggered right back

this triggered all of nhra

>Implying this hard

uuuuggghh. One of the most handsome sportscars ever

pre wars is the spirit.

My car back in the day.