Question to my American friends : )

Question to my American friends : )
I am European and I own a motor scooter (pic related). I got it when I was a teenager, but i still occasionally use it for short trips to save gas because gas is expensive here.

I heard that most Americans have the sentiment that these scooters are gay or faggoty.
Can someone explain that to me?
They're affordable, don't use much gas, and can be legally driven by 15 year olds here, which makes them a great way of transportation for teenagers. You could almost say, they provide a way of freedom for teenagers, which should be a big point to you all. On top of that, they don't look half bad. I know that when you hear "motor scooter", an image of those ugly looking French things pops into your head. But pic related proves how cool they can look.
What do Americans have against this? Is it just a cultural thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8m0GYj5idh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Americans have sentiments about absolutely everything. Image is everything in their society. Subarus are for lesbians, vans are for pedos, crossovers are for moms, Camaros are for douchebags, list goes on and on and on. It's ironic because they always insist they don't care about anyone else's opinion.

if gas was cheap in your country too you wouldnt want to use that piece of shit either.

We don't care about anyone's opinion but OUR opinion

Im European and everybody thinks they're gay you fucking faggot

They are socially acceptable in metropolitan areas. So all the cities.

they look fucking gay and also make you look like nu-male wannabe poorfag yurocuck

In short it is because these are not functional in the US. We commute long distances on highways (70mph+). These may be functional if you live in a city and only need to travel short distances on city roads but not in the US where you need to drive 30 miles to work in the morning.

>generic Chinese 50cc
I've seen that exact scooter labeled as a couple other things, most common in the US is Taotao. They seem to work ok, but rust like crazy.

t. dropped out of school at age 14
>riding without helmet
Okay that actually makes sense. Scooters are comparatively slow and not suited for high ways.

the only semi-approved scooter is the S U P E R C U B
it still implies you gobble cocks though

>>riding without helmet
99% of scooter riders

Chinese scooters are for total dweebs. Vintage mopeds can be cool.

>Americans have sentiments about absolutely everything.

I don't think you know how accurate this statement is, it's really all a foreign person needs to know about American culture. Americans have opinions about things the instant they know they exist, and said opinion is not only important to them but BETTER than everyone else's opinion. Their opinion is CRUCIAL to their self-image, and the more obviously wrong their opinion is the tighter they will cling to it.

>I heard that most Americans have the sentiment that these scooters are gay or faggoty.
Not anymore. Now they mean that you have a DUI conviction and have had your license taken away.

It's not just an American thing. Scooters are for faggots.

No you are wrong and I am right

>don't use much gas, and can be legally driven by 15 year olds here
>great way of transportation for teenagers
You've already figured it out yourself. Americans generally like big and or powerful things, and scooters are bottom of the barrel in diminutive transport. You can even come across irrational hatred of motorcycles here in america, no matter the engine displacement - simply because they're smaller than cars and trucks and zippy. It's why the Hayabusa and Harleys became so popular here. They're the biggest and loudest of their kind.

but it depends where you live and the community you're surrounded by here in America whether or not your scooter will be seen as fun utilitarian transport or a poor person's/woman's/gay person's/bratty kid's petite vehicle. At least your scoot is black, you've got that going for you. Now just stay away from dinky looking half helmets and you should find

>and you should find..
public derision will be a rare occurrence.

>Image is everything in their society
Damn right it is, boy! A man is defined by his beliefs.

Not only do I do most of my work commuting on my Ruckus (limited parking at work on weekends) but I've taken it on some longer rides. Some 1 day trips some 2 day.

Part of riding it is getting over my friends making the jokes. But after like 2 years people sort of just stop caring

I;m european too, and you're baiting.
They're slow, loud, stink, and shit up roads.

>tiny wheels
>low speed
>the same license requirements as a motorcycle where I live
>cost just as much as a motorcycle
>idiots think they don't need a helmet just because the engine is under their ass instead of between their legs

Literally just buy a used motorcycle and double fuck anyone who buys a Ruckus

Except from everyone who bought a motorcycle for less than you spent on your Ruckus

He's probably American the whole post is a fucking bait who the fuck calls em motor scooter nobody. Either a moped or just scooter nobody fucking likes them just 16 year olds that don't have a different bike or middle aged men in London

and also people with DUIs

Never seen anyone call them gay except when a guy who's way too into them tries to hang with the actual motorcycle crowd.
*Plebs worldwide

I still wear a helmet
I don't have to fuck with changing gears
I don't need speed where I live
I'm happy with my ruckus, period.

I drive one. They are fun things to ride. Great if you like pissing people off. I like dicking around offroad with mine.

they are fun to ride when you are 16 but if you can get any other bike(i.e if you are a yank and don't get cucked until 19-24) then buying one is a mistake

>stink

>not liking the smell and sound of angry little 2 strokes

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=8m0GYj5idh8

Rode sh125 for years. Really practical under 80km/h, can be used up to 100 but it is out of its comfort zone.

Basically the best vehicle for urban transportation. Horrible at everything else.

I honestly find them more dangerous than normal motorcycles. Urban environment is by far the most dangerous to ride, and those little fuckers make you feel overconfident.

>What do Americans have against this? Is it just a cultural thing?
They're all over the place in America, you're just a fucktard who makes assumptions based on what you see on TV even if you have no experience

They're tiny and cute.
Women look cute driving them.
Men, not so much.

You don't have to drive a huge bro truck to reinforce your manhood but a lot of people buy into that, and they're the same kind of people who shit on people who buy tiny gas sipping sub-compacts cars.
This is just a more extreme version of that.
Also, they're dangerous as fuck unless you live in a huge congested city where parking is hell and cars move so slowly there's plenty of space for bicycles and motorcycles to filter through traffic safely.

>who the fuck calls em motor scooter nobody
somebody who's native language isn't English, and thus uses strange translations? i.e. somebody from Europe?

Portuguesefag here. Other than out own mocking expressions, we just call them scooter, or Vespa if it's the actual brand thing, that's it. Not moped, not motor scooter, not whatever else you can come up with.

The typical Murikan doesn't get the idea of the big picture. They call gas efficient vehicles tampons. I won't worry about what other people think and just do your own thing. I'm American, btw.

>teenagers legally operating motor vehicles up to 30mph in the middle of the fucking road

Yeah, that's why we hate them.

Also they're significantly less stable at high speeds and over rough terrain than a motorcycle because they're shit with lego wheels, sprung engines, and suspensions that make sportbikes look like MX racers.

>Ctrl+F "cuck"
>Only 2 results

I am actually kinda impressed

These things can be driven by 15 year olds too. Never understood why someone would get a scooter, which is only capable to drive on road, while you can also get this thing and also be able to thrash it around.

In Germany we call them Moped or Roller, or more formally Motorroller. Scooter is stricly an English word to us

I own one of those under the brand "Loncin"

They're fucking trash that literally fall apart

In the Netherlands we call them "brommers", which is an onomatopoeia for the sound it makes.

They generally cost more than a motorcycle and are far more dangerous to ride due to the wheel size.
at least you can go off road with something like pic.

Seems like they're getting more popular in the US. Most you see on the road though are Chinese garbage. The Ruckus was popular for a while as well as the Zuma but we don't really have the same culture as Europe because cars aren't that expensive to own. They're perfectly capable in most US cities and suburbs but in rural areas I'd consider them unsafe.

Also a lot of US riders look like poor meth heads. No helmet, wearing dirty clothes, shitty reflective vest they stole from a construction site, multiple DUI convictions.

>not driving this bad boy at 70mph

literally no one thinks that scooters are cool

>I'm happy with my ruckus, period.
D E N I A L
E
N
I
A
L

> I'm happy with my period, and Ruckus

BZZZZZZZZ

always driven by shithead specially in Europe
and they always make them louder than necessary
it's acceptable if you deliver pizza but otherwise 50cc scooter are for looser ,teenagers and urban youth

big scooter are driven by another kind of shithead witch are way less annoying though

Your typical scooter rider in the UK. Like some sort of 50cc chav-mobile.