/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

Last call to sign up for the HCT sanctioned /hsg/ NA wild Tournament starting the 21st of July at 5:00 EDT

>Latest News
youtu.be/DgaBjPyMtXo?t=1m45s

Double-Gold Quests For 2 Weeks
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20720846/it-is-never-too-soon-for-the-midsummer-fire-festival-7-4-2017

>Deck lists, news etc
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.com (Buy Premium For Us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>/hsg/ NA Wild open Tournament
$100 prizepool, games are livestreamed and commentated. The signup deadline is this sunday, so get your entries in
Rules: pastebin.com/5qDhbkLi
Sign Up: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1XfhvpBIVK8rF8P7_EDddWGq4NmiOH9pYvZ_lu463X3aAKw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Discord: discord.gg/hsg
Stream: twitch/hsgtournament

The tournament gives HCT points for the official Blizzard tournaments. We need just a few more players to meet the requirements.

Last Thread

Please answer the following truthfully:

Hearthstone is a ____________ card game.

Hearthstone is a ____________ video game.

I ____________ Hearthstone.
Thank You.

fun
good
love

Just a reminder that each class will get 2 legendaries in KotFT: one regular and one undead/corrupted.

multiplayer
play

Will we ever get an "Undead" minion type?

jewy

bad

despise

Literally only reason I haven't uninstalled yet is sunk cost fallacy. I haven't played a single match in over two months, and haven't played seriously in a year or so.

>tfw no spooky skeleton cards because China

If anyone was wondering, Zombeasts are brought back in full by N'Zoth. I don't think that was answered on twitter yet.

Also, apparently the adventure starts out super easy but the last two bosses are pretty hard. I'm sure they are not heroic Naxx or BRM hard, but apparently my friend couldn't beat the second to last boss with a deck he made to beat it after a few tries.

He said "at least its better than karazhan"

*zombeasts are brought back in full if they have a deathrattle

Give us more interesting things about the internal happenings. What is the reason for the sudden gold promotion?

30 legendaries in the set

what this card do

Is hunter getting any ways to survive until turn 10?

I just dont understand why blizzard continues to print rng infested bullshit cards. I understand that the target audience is not the competitive one and that casual players enjoy high variance coinflip games but there is literally nothing stopping them from keeping both happy.

During the vanilla set there was very little RNG compared to today. Sure there was the unavoidable variance that cardgames naturally have due to luck of the draw but outside of a few cards like ragnaros, sylvannas, MC tech, etc you would more or less know exactly what 26/30 of your cards would accomplish before you played them. Despite this fun RNG decks like randuin still existed and bothered nobody because while the deck could cause worse players to beat better players its powercurve was under the best decks which did not rely on RNG.

This is where im confused. Blizzard has the opportunity to make both sides happy and they simply refuse to do so. I understand that casual players outnumber competitive ones at least 10:1 but that still doesnt explain why serious players are completely ignored.

Something deathrattle or resurrect related

Reprint of this effect

>I just dont understand why blizzard continues to print rng infested bullshit card
Because this is what they want their game to be about. They have always been very transparent about the direction they want to take the game. Blizzard promotes gambling under the guise of "competitive play". RNG will always play an enormous role in this game, so we can either accept it and play Hearthstone, or pack up and move on to a better card game (like Magic).

Didn't read the rest of your post.

Silence an Undead

Probably all the complaints about >muh cost of entry

Just build a more board-centric deck. The only reason egg druid is so good in wild is because it counters pirate warrior. I don't know any new hunter cards so I can't say for sure.

>Didn't read the rest of your post
it shows. It has not always been like this and the add random X and discover cancer is a relatively recent development. They can still have the gambly rng bullshit while printing better reliable cards just like they did in vanilla and naxx

>Catering to casuals and ignoring pros

But the quest rogue nerf was due to casuals AND the tournament meta

Last time you said Team5 was genuinely convinced Hearthstone was f2p/cheap so I'm guessing this is changing slowly.

Anything else about Tournament mode being done? And if I can ask you, for the love of god ask your friend about adding a standard documents/hearthstone directory for screenshots instead of the desktop.

If he can't ask/talk about it, please ask him for an explanation WHY it saves to the desktop and hasn't been changed after 5 years.

>the deathrattle menace is coming back.
we need counters to this shit.

yes and? Nobody is denying that blizzards very rare balance changes are not made with competitive play in mind but that doesnt change the fact that the cards themselves are made with only casuals in mind

>if I can ask you, for the love of god ask your friend about adding a standard documents/hearthstone directory for screenshots instead of the desktop.
>If he can't ask/talk about it, please ask him for an explanation WHY it saves to the desktop and hasn't been changed after 5 years.

Pic related

>cards themselves are made with only casuals in mind
Casuals = money.

When casuals are able to beat a more skilled player through empowered RNG effects, they rejoice and spend more money. This is Hearthstone's entire business model. It's not going to change and you just need to accept it.

Hearthstone is a business first, a casual arcadey video game second, and a competitive card game third.

This would be kinda cool in hand buff pally. too bad hand buff sucks

Mmhmm. That's why you're in the general

>What is the reason for the sudden gold promotion?

Throwing the starving dogs a single bone so they don't leave.

It literally doesn't matter that they run double reward quests for a while. It's only a few thousand gold. Meaningless pittance.

That's a pretty shit excuse though. It's basically changing one directory path/variable to be in line with every Blizzard game for the past 25 years.

Also alt+pintscreen just saves the window (including border) to the clipboard, it doesn't save it as a file to a directory (a normal directory like every other game).

I really hate it when developers act like these things are massive undertakings that somehow drain huge amounts of resources.

Can you ask this then. At one point Team 5 posted 'Once the deck slots interface is released, people will probably understand why it took so long'.

In the end it was a scrollbar, were they serious about that or did they scrap the interface they were actually working on, or did they work on a scrollbar for two years?

again, you can have both. Randuin has been a deck since the very beginning and does exactly what you describe: allow bad players to beat better players. However, the power curve was slightly below the typical tier 1 deck of the time so it does not interfere with tryhard competitive play.

I truly believe that blizzard can have their cake and eat it too just like they did before goblins vs gnomes but they dont see to even want to try it.

please tell him to bring it up on the next meeting, it's driving me nuts having to clear my desktop every day.

Reading this general is a thousand times more fun than the actual game, better value for money and more interactive to boot.

I think they are talking about the whole UI for the deckslot thing. Not too sure.

Here is the first part of the conversation which might be more relevant though

what are the current cancer decks?

freeze mage
secret mage
burn mage

>I didn't realize anyone even looked at the screenshot files. I just paste into paint after hitting printscreen.

Token shaman

I do the same thing as him, I never even knew this was a problem.

This

Yeah the discover mechanic really pushed how much RNG can fuck you

>I don't think anyone's ever thought about it

Jesus christ, I'm seriously going to start calling their office daily to ask about it. They are so disconnected from the playerbase, just like them being convinced the accessibility was totally fine for the past 3.5 years (doing everything for new players besides giving them access to the core game).

It sounds like you are running a program that intercepts printscreen. Otherwise Hearthstone automatically renders and saves a 3.5MB png to the desktop.

>I do the same thing as him, I never even knew this was a problem.

printscreen automatically creates a file on the desktop, how could you not notice it?

who the fuck cares about this, literally neck yourself kid also fake as fuck how about tripling the deck slots instead you cunt

man this place is dead.

What's the difference between this and just silencing the minion?

fucks with revival effects and makes stat buffs permanent.

Is my OC garbage? Maybe we move some numbers around?

neutral healing is a nono by current blizzard standards
compare with healbot.

>Attempt to answer someone's question
>'No one cares haha neck yourself haha'

>Your targeted Battlecries hit every valid target.

what stats should the body have to make this effect balanced?

terrifying

So, i am completely clueless in game making and coding, but why are all cards in trailers have warlock colors ?

Its just the default template they use

Blizzard balance, warlock is bad right now so new expansion is only warlock cards.

Just the base they use

Most of the previewed cards aren't legendary either like the trailer shows

0/1 because holy shit Kabal Talonpriest or generally anything would destroy the game. Especially in Wild where Brann will just go Exploding Knees on everyone and instawin the game.

>Vilespine
PANIC

Welcome to Veeky Forums redditfag. Now neck yourself

This would be a neat effect for a legendary minion
>Battlecry: The next Battlecry you play affects every valid target.

>Vilespine
>Battlecry
user...

>adventure will be free
>free hero

people will still complain because they don't instantly get every card in the game (golden) as well as their mortgage canceled

They can't realize that they no longer like the game and should probably let the game go already

I just hope the next expansion doesnt fully ruin all of my existing decks.
Sick of having to grind up some other shit all the time.

i hope i get gul'dan and hes not shit this expansion, hes the only hero i actively avoid

>more expansion per year
>more legendarys per set
>HURR DURR STOP BEING SO ENTITLED

gas yourself

Wait the "new" mechanic is lifelink? They had it before.

they psuedo-had it. it was always
>deal x damage, heal for x

It's not very unique

Probably they're attempt at fixing aggro by giving everyone built in life steal.

Still retarded they refuse to give out good healing cards because lore, every hero is a fucking deathknight now who cares about lore just balance the game

>it's a "double glyph triple secret by turn 6" episode
how do you even play around anything

>warrior deals 19 damage in one turn
>with no minions on the board

hahahahaha

I saw you miss-post this in /lolg/.

Why don't they fucking reprint healbot or print a bunch of them? Are they fucking retarded?
This is worse than CDPR flinging shit at board until it works.

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

you're like a little baby

are we not fucking immune to summer?

Why the fuck is ladder filled with so many ropers? Im fucking sick of 30 minute matches

>wild

CONFIRMED RELEASE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

>guys ropes me entire match and he still loses
>adds me just to bitch about me netdecking
>it was standard ranked

???

nah he was right. netdeckers remove the only bit of fun this game has

play wild then you shitter

wild has netdeckers too

>Thought the Rag Brawl required that many Rag kills in a single game
>Is actually total
Well, that's not as bad as I thought.

well im netdecking in the right place so dont bitch at me

you're netdecking in the wrong game, autist. go play magic. that game is built for tryhard losers

>small peen

>"wahh why are people playing competitive in a competitive game?"

>hs
>competitive
what makes you think a skill-less, casual, rng-fest like hearthstone is competitive? it's the complete opposite of competitive.

Ok so im supposed to just hand out nothing but free wins to my opponents because their feelings "yours" might get hurt right?

play a different game

Naw i play this casually and get wins regularly its just the amount of salt that (you) give is hilarious

>Hearthstone
>competitive

nobody who netdecks on ladder plays casually

So i shouldnt use the cards ive collected? Wow ive been playing this game entirely wrong then.

why would someone who plays casually not netdeck? why would they invest the time to try and find a good deck on their own?

because it's more fun that way. which is why most people dont play ladder

the original guy that was bitching about netdecks was whining that someone was netdecking in ladder

making a deck and doing the trial and error to see if it works doesn't seem like fun to me. neither does losing 10 games just to get lucky and high roll once with a meme deck. I just want to throw cards on a board while I do other stuff.

>making a deck and doing the trial and error to see if it works doesn't seem like fun to me
people like you are the problem with modern video games.

irrelevant. that was just some sorry fool who actually tried to have fun
because you literally only like to win