/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #816 - El Grand Gordo's New Sidekick Edition

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces Main Theme Lyrics Rvealed - Fist Bump: youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q
Sonic Forces E3 trailer: youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5cfzMNcybs
youtube.com/watch?v=IOhhBcTRJDo
youtube.com/watch?v=gkyNwc9EqZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=6dwgvk9tbqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is Tails such a pimp?

use this as next OP pls

El Grand Gordo's overrated

We'll take it from here.

sonic universe

because reasons

>pimp
Tails is a sissy bitch.

How many Zones do you think Sonic Mania's final release will have?

At least 4

The game will never be out. Even if it was out there will never be enough seed.

Probably about 9 or 10.

Not enough.

Did you ever make it here without Team Chaotix?

More than 3&K.

Didn't Iizuka say Sonic Mania would have more zones than any classic Sonic game? Even assuming S3&K doesn't count as one game, Sonic 2 has 11 zones.

11*

I hope that's true. Just thinking about it is making my testicles tingle.

>post yfw Iizuka lied & we've already seen all the stages for Mania

yeah
you needed to find a switch earlier in the level, right?

I've never even seen it until this picture. Isn't that the area that's blocked by a laser grid? How the fuck do you even disable it?

I don't want to jinx it but knowing Taxman, I'm sure we're in for some holy shit moments that they've been keeping from us. I mean how many of the heavies have we seen, two?

As Team Sonic or Dark there is a switch you have to press to disable the laser gate. The locations are different for those two teams, but they're both on pinball tables and very difficult to spot. You can also abuse invincibility frames from damage along with the Rocket Accel to bug your way past the lasers.

As Team Chaotix, you can just go invisible with Espio and walk through the lasers. Team Rose's level ends before this section appears.

Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics actually has some pretty good dialouge.

I never put much time into exploring those stages because the pinball physics are so infuriating.

Golden Rodent

Post some more pls

Classic Sonic is fixing everything by himself.

Besides the awkward phrasing, it's a sweet conversation

>tfw she said classic Sonic
>I thought this was generations

What the fuck has this series done to me?

fantastic

Rio had fantastic music. Do you have any favorites, user?

The phrasing is weird but I think she's trying to say it's typical of Sonic to run off alone. Not gonna lie, it does sound like she's talking about Classic Sonic.

>mfw there's at least 20 zones

My dick might actually explode.

Fuckin saved

Not in particular but I did enjoy the soundtrack as well as the gameplay. It was one of the better olympic games.

Y-You take that back...

FORCES WOULD BE A BETTER GAME WITHOUT YOU. YOU ARE MEANINGLESS.

Why are you crying, gerbil?

So cute when you cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5cfzMNcybs
youtube.com/watch?v=IOhhBcTRJDo
youtube.com/watch?v=gkyNwc9EqZ0

>I'm surprised no one tried to use this in argument to seriously "prove" shadamy is canon.

We're not that deluded. We just like triggering Sonamyfags.

>implying shadow gives a fuck about romance or sex
He just wants to be left alone.

Sonic looks cute when he's crying like a bitch

>We're not that deluded
Well, some of you aren't.

I don't care about shippings but Shadow and Amy form an nice original duo

What does /sthg/ think of RadicalSoda?

So is he a tranny or what? Why the thumbnail clickbait.

Who?

This. I just can't see him caring about that stuff, which is why I don't ship him with anyone.

Apparently his previous thumbnails looked like girls and people kept bringing it up, so he just turned his artwork into a girl to mess with people.

Who?

While I've never gotten the appeal of ShadAmy as a pairing, I do like some of their interactions in Universe. Amy having nice little friendships with Knuckles & Shadow is pretty neat.

Yeah, I like it as a friendship type of deal. Otherwise, her heart belongs to Sonic.

Why does his thumbnail avatar have boobs?

Maybe Shadow just wants to beat Sonic in one domain and then realized he couldn't be back alone anymore

>Maybe Shadow just wants to beat Sonic in one domain
But he's already more powerful than Sonic. Besides, he has Rouge & Omega. That faker isn't alone

Huh?

That's gonna be used so much, I can already tell

Forces seems to be getting a lot more negative impressions lately.

I wonder how good or bad previous Modern games were received in the months leading up to release. It feels like the co-existence of Mania has sparked some debate.

Casuals are trying in vain to force another Lost World, nothing biggie

Well, between the inclusion of Classic Sonic, it being a Modern Sonic game in a time where the "Sonic was never good meme" is popular, & certain sections of the fanbase not really caring for Boost, it's not surprising. That being said, looking at YT the Forces vids have more likes than dislikes & vids like the one that shat on Forces that was posted a few threads back has been disliked to hell. I think when it's all said & done, the game won't be "another 06 or Rise of Lyric or worse than both," but it will be a game that people either like or don't.

Doing a search on Colors preview impressions, they were pretty positive on the game.

Tails, you are his BEST FRIEND.

You can see him AT ANY TIME.

Tails gay for Sonic confirmed?

Classic Sonic kicked him out of the Best Friend And Sidekick title.

Makes sense. People went crazy for daytime Unleashed stages, and I remember the marketing for Colors going 'we're making a full game out of it.'

That's kinda cute.
He meant as competitors.
Don't ship the bromance user.

Reminder that SEGA loves hinting at Sonamy. Just look at these tags from a post on the official tumblr.

>Tails is nervous to see Sonic
It's official: Tails is gay for Sonic.

The most recent Sonic game that would probably have similar reactions to Forces, I would say is maybe Unleashed. While a lot of people loved the Boost in that game, there was a ton of people shitting on it for the Werehog.

I never liked how Shadow, Omega, and rouge we thrown into the whole Gun plotline in the comic.

It felt like Flynn barely had an idea of what to do with them so he put them in a box.

Loot at that smug rat. How dare you take Tails' place!

Mania is gonna be significant, solely because people will compare the two titles. As happy as I am to get Mania soon, I think it would've been a better move for it to be announced after Forces dropped.

>Implying they aren't best ship

he's just a dumb fanboy.
>they looked at each other so they must be gay
back to tumblr

For anyone here not in the know, Lange is currently in a /v/ thread answering questions about Sonic Utopia.

not even a shipper but Sonic and Tails makes a whole lot more sense especially comparing to other Sonic gay ships and is definitely better fitting than Sonic and Shadow

ok

I think a big reason for the comparisons is because as soon as Mania dropped, they revealed that Classic will be teaming up with Modern again in the then Project 2017. Sega's gone on about how the two games are meant to appeal to different groups of the fandom, but Forces is clearly trying to appeal as broadly as possible, including the people who are targets of Mania. So the whole 'two cakes' deal has put the multiple kinds of play styles Sonic has had over the years back into the spotlight.

it's just the most powerful friendship in vidya history

when i was a kid and beat sonic 2 i thought it was such a cute ending

youtube.com/watch?v=6dwgvk9tbqY

T-thanks

Why do people hate this issue?
This was my favorite one as a kid.

It made Sally look like an unstable bitch, which is unfortunate because she wasn't like that in SatAm.

I knew Tails was a faggot for Sonic.

LOL