Red line at 7400

>red line at 7400
>is called “rev happy”

Rev happiness usually refers to how quickly the thing revs

this
very high redline matches the definition "screamin' " a lot better
like a screamin v8 would go past 8 grand because it gets so high pitched at the top end

this
my 2004 sentra base model was more rev happy than my current car, but it only revved to 6500rpm, my current car revs to 7k, but it takes longer to rev up to redline

This, as well as how "nice" it is as high revs. An old cad like mine with an ancient engine design sounds and feels like disaster at 5500 rpm, a small modern screamer will just be singing.

Dude I loved my 1.8 Sentra but I would not say it's rev happy. Power died off after 5500 rpm pretty much. It was more of a grunty torquey engine than a rev happy one. That thing actually had some real grunt from like 3k to 5.5k.
It did have a fairly light flywheel though

So you can turn any engine into a rev happy one by installing a lightweight flywheel?

This and how smooth the engine feels at high speed and how much power is in the high end IMO.

>pistoncucks with sub 10k redlines

stay mad pistoncucks

You're a fucking retard. No, you can't because that only affects behavior at basically zero load. You have to put some load on the engine to go anywhere and that's when stuff like cam choice, VVT tuning, VVL tuning, harmonic balance, turbo sizing, intake design, exhaust design, component balancing, valvetrain inertia, and bottom end component inertia like the conrods come into play.

I'm sure you're going to find some stupid nitpicky bullshit in response but a lightweight flywheel does jack fucking shit to improve response in gear.

>cagers with sub 15k redlines

Ls sit on 6500-7000 all day

Rev happy doesn't mean 10k+ rpm it means the engine is more comfortable making power at higher rpm and staying there

Why would we be mad? Most piston engines likely make more power and are surely more reliable. The only engines that Rev to 10k rpm are the ones that NEED to (that's the only way they can make decent power) Rev to 10k. Rpm for the sake of rpm isn't something to aspire to.

>things you shouldn't have to tell an adult

Higher rpm are one way to get more power out of a engine, the other one is forced induction.

And cubes and porting and cam swaps etc (no, yours aren't the only 2 ways).

Rpm for the sake of Rpm is nothing to aspire to.

>porting
>cams
They do basicly the same as foced induction does, increasing volumetric efficiency.
But they are only good for minor power increases if the engine wasn´t desinged horrible.

>cubes
If you mean increasing displacement, that is not realy a option for most engines, since drilling up the bore is not possible in a large amount.

>100hp
>minor power increase
Whatever you say man

Stroker kits are available for nearly any car ever made.

>100 hp
Meanwhile turbochargers increase power by a factor of 2 most of the time.
>stroke
To significantly increase the stroke of a engine, you need a higher block aka basicly a new engine.

>increase by 100 hp
Without stating the stock power this statement is worth nothing.
Gaining 100 hp on a motorcycle is different from gaining 100 hp in a supercar.

Where in God's name are you getting your info from?

Say an ls, no manchild motorcycles or boyracer 4 cylinders.

>Where in God's name are you getting your info from?
The fact that it is popular to run about 1 bar boost pressure on a boosted engine, wich roughly doubbles its power.
Some engines can take less, some can take more.

>100 hp gain LS
Well, that would be a joke with any kind of forced induction.
Also most LS engines have pretty shitty heads by todays standards, if it had proper pentroof or 5-valve heads stock it would make that stock.