Proper way to make my 1997 crown Vic faster?

I have a 1997 ford crown Victoria lx and I was wondering what's the best way to improve specs without doing anything retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXUqY8iAzhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont even bother trying

gears

just supercharge my shit up

>making that big ass slab of butter faster
l0l!

Sell it and buy anything else

Euros begone

Define "improve specs" and "doing anything retarded".

3.55's or 3.73's will be your best bang for your buck. J-mod is cheap and easy. Duals of any kind will help, pi intake is a nice common swap. That's about all that's cheap and easy.

buy parts that have mustang written on the parts boxes... yes its the same engine just more poverty spec heads and intake can get good power out of just a 3v but will have to do some head work like porting and bigger valves can turbo or supercharge but a lot of custom work and silly money.

I heard this a lot, it makes sense.

don't bother. keep it stock

Crown Vic's never got the 3valve 4.6. As the other user said, shorter rear gears will be the number one quick-for-your-buck increase: stock non-HPP is 2.73s, Interceptors have 3.27s stock with 3.55 as an option, and Marauders have 3.55s with Trac-Lok standard. Easy to swap the whole rear end, just make sure you grab the speedo gear as well and most people say more than two 'steps' of difference (i.e. 2.73 to start, skip 3.27s and 3.55s to go to 3.73s or even 4.11s) requires a PCM reprogram.

Also remember shorter gears are quick, not fast- you're trading top speed and gas mileage for better acceleration and you've only got four speeds of gearing to go through.

Use that money for maintaining and repairing the car. Crown Vic’s are reliable, comfy cars good for daily driving....not for performance.

Keep it as your A to B car while saving up for a fun weekend car, whatever that might be to you.

Huge Panther fanboy here. Please don't even try to bother. Your money is much better spent on something else. If you just want a bit of a wakeup on the cheap, throw in a 3.55 or 3.73 rear end, or even 4.10.
If you can't be persuaded not to do shit, the next best thing is PI heads, cam, and intake (from 2001+ panthers and 98+ mustangs) and MZT mod. It's not expensive but it is a fair amount of work.

What you should really do is just enjoy the car for what it is, give it the love it needs, and spend your money on something other than trying to make these anemic boats fast.

I am also interested in this but with a more specific set of circumstances

looking a 1998 crown vic but might get a FREE supercharger currently on a pre 2011 mustang GT making over 500hp, if I paid to get it installed and tuned how likely am I to fuck up the transmission and all the other shit in the powertrain if it was making lets say around 400 hp @ crank?

Don't waste your time with a 98, if you want a whale just get a 03+

>whale
does this mean I can supercharge the everloving shit out of it and probably not fuck it up on the first hard launch?

The rear end might take the power. The 4R70 should, according to Ford. The driveshaft absolutely will not.

>wants fast car
>buys land barge

He should have bought a B-body.

The entire point of driving a barge is do drive slowly and comfortably with a lot of passenger space. If people want to go fast they should get smaller vehicles.

This.
If you want to make a car fast that isn't meant to be fast without spending absolutely ludicrous amounts of money, you ALWAYS buy a Chevy. Small block goodness my brodies.

EG33 swap
Bolts right in.

Thx for the replies guys, the reason I was asking is because later next weekend, I was gonna race one of my friends that owns a 95 caprice lt1, so I was looking to see if I can get a quick power boost. Yeah I know it's best to keep it stock.
I was, but it was 11,000 grand and the crown Vic was only 6 grand, and the Vic only had 60,000 miles on it (I bought it this year btw)

SIX GRAND FOR A 97 VIC
ARE YOU ON GLUE?!?!?!?!!?

Selling it and buying something else.

>and the crown Vic was only 6 grand
>6 grand
>aero crown vic
you stupid nigger what the fuck

He didn't specify which currency

Could be 6000 yen, which is what, 60 bucks?

Again, it only had 60,000 original miles, which I imagine is good for a 20 yr old car

Good tires, maybe an exhaust, or just get a different car.

I paid $500 for my 92 that had 55k miles on it when I bought it in 2014. I really hope this is b8 and not an exceptionally poor buy.

Have you tried towing it with a chevy truck?

Where I live, you can't even find a rusted out shitbox barley clinging to life for $500. Assuming that's ur 92, are car prices just a fuck ton lower in New York than the Midwest?

1. Replace worn parts
2. Get good tires
3. Keep it clean

Convert it to manual while you're at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXUqY8iAzhs

dog even with location you have to do your homework, the 99 vic with ~100k miles im looking at is starting offer ~1000...

Every dumbfuck is going to try to pawn their car off with KBB excellent quality dealer price in a p2p sale with a couple hundred added, If they are trying to hawk shit over 20% of the max KBB price I don't even fuck it, and before I go and see the fucker I send them a fucking picture of what their car is worth and tell them if it's in fucking mint condition I won't pay a penny over the max price, then before I even have it checked it(I make them come to my fucking mechanic) I start my own check, do a test drive, and immediately start dinging off dollars and make them a bait offer for a much lower price, if they bite I say okay well if it all looks mechanically sound then we are good, if the mechanic tells me anything needs work I ask for a quote and take that off the price, if he says it needs work soon I ask for a quote and take a % of that off the price....

anyway my point is you got fucked hard.