Cars as an investment

What cars do you think you could buy and maybe not necessarily make money, but not loose your ass on?

Cars under 100k only

My vote goes for e28 M5

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-bmw-5/6371251089.html
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/1988-bmw-m5-clean-history/6372440545.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mazda 929
or VAZ-21013 if you happen to get one cheap and then restore it to the absolute max.
>pic related

Fuck, I forgot this one. For eye, these were really rare Lada since it was as expensive as alternative western cars so people didn't buy it.
VAZ-2103

Audi RS2

A Subaru

Any drift anime/race film meme car assuming you don't trash it

The e28 M5 is shooting up in value at the moment.
I'm just hoping my 535is can ride on that wave and go up a bit too.
There's a couple of nice ones on craigslist right now if you're looking to buy one. They're super interesting and fun and the community is very supportive.
houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-bmw-5/6371251089.html
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/d/1988-bmw-m5-clean-history/6372440545.html

>Any drift anime/race film meme car assuming you don't trash it

there is only one car that fits that description (ae86 sprinter trueno which only came in Japan) and it isn't an investment at all. And they are all expensive already and will barely go up in value

Buy one of these for 20-35k. Will go up in value. A nice one is worth 40-60k. Can still drive it while you work on it. Most parts are cheap. The 70-73 has some parts that are expensive. Full brake job cost 250$ or so got parts at O'Reillys. Pontiac engines are very reliable. Got this one for 10k. Have about 18k in it now after doing neglected maitence and paint.

Tell me more about this majestic creature.

E39 M5. I paid $22K for mine a year ago and have already had people offer me $35K.

If you tell me FD's won't go up in price because they're the best rotary car (interesting for future collectors), they have timeless styling, easy to maintain, stock examples are becoming rare because people still buy them up and mod them.
Then you need to get the hell out of my face.
Same goes for the MK4 Supra, especially the twin turbo Supras.

Post 1976 camaros and firebirds will increase in value or you can wait for a racing movie to come out with an older car and snatch it up before the movie tax. Case and point the fast and the furious

I should probably add to my post that I think the FC and the MK3 Supra's are way sexier looking.

Wow.
Post bread.

?

Unmolested and stored FRS/BRZ/86 as well as all of the special edition release series, color series, and trd series will appreciate a fuck load.

NSX
FD RX7
E39 M5
E30 M3
Air cooled 911
E46 M3
Integra Type-R
Pretty much any unmolested (kek) tuner car of the 90s, so 240SX, EM1 Civic Si, etc. won't lose value if you don't fuck it up.

GTRs, NSXs, Supras, RX7s, 300zx, Older evos, MR2s, Soarers, JZXs, type R hondas etc...

Basically any performance japanese car from the 90s

R34 GTRs especially. Only 11,000 were ever built and they have a huge cult following. If you buy one now for 45-50k USD I absolutely guarantee you that when they are legal in the US in 6-7 years you wont be able to find one for less than 80k. Probably 100k+ for V-Spec and rarer models.

I paid 6k (overpaid) about four years ago. I wouldnt be able to buy one in the same condition today for under 14k.

forgot car

what does a 240sx or what you posted a 200sx (eu) have to do with initial d? They aren't worth shit and will never be worth shit.

only 180sx Type X's and Silvia's are worth anything when it comes to that chassis and all of those only came in Japan.

dont hold your breath. The e46 330ci and below have been going down and down and the m3 up and up

yah

These are already going up pretty quick.

Porsche-tuned version of the Audi S2. Group B-derived inline 5 turbo, mechanical AWD, 6-speed manual. Only ever came in wagon bodystyle so it wouldn't munch sales from Porsche's own lineup at the time. Basically started Audi's high-performance wagon niche.

Right now, 996 Turbos are still around 50 grand, they seem to have bottomed out and will probably start skyrocketing soon. No IMS bearing to worry about, the last "pure" sports car 911 in a way, AWD, and plenty of tuning potential.

are e60 m5 good as an investment since it's the only m5 car with a v10?

no because its incredibly expensive to maintain. Your broke ass probably can't afford one thats in mint condition

>cars investment
literally none. even if there was one, you'd end up like those dumb mouth breathing boomers who can't use their car because of value. fucking worthless desu. I fully embraced the shitbox meme after driving "collector cars" and don't ever plan on going back.

Delete this.

I had a chance to buy a great condition one for 13K in 2010. I don't even want to look at what the meme price is right now. Depressing.