/twg/ - Total War General

Fantasy Edition

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962407953
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Battle of Alesia was a such clusterfuck oh my god

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

I really love TW: WH. Probably my favorite total war but I with they had a better ending. Only getting a small text box at the end of a long Campaign is really disappointing. A small cut-scene for each race would've been cool.

History and fantasy living in harmony and all the nice posters are good lads.

yeah, its pretty retarded, how hard is it to have a few still images with some generic narration over them?

Even a general cutscene where the advisor sits back, and does an Oscar performance where he's a first smiling, then sobbing, then gradually turns into a maniacal laugh.

who the fuck is krell supposed to be anyway?

Let's hope it's something they changed in WH2. It's been brought up quite a few times in various places so I don't see CA being unaware of the complaint.

Why did the gaul fuck stop doing his guerilla strategy though?

Yeah it's stupid as hell. A lot of total wars didn't have an amazing ending video, but at least it was something. Hopefully they add it in TWW2 since so many fans have complained about it. It's not super important, but it's a nice tiny dessert.

D A R K E L F
M O N T H
W H E N ?

Rock the... boat?

ANNOUNCE
N
N
O
U
N
C
E

In short, chaos champion who died and was brought back by Kemmler as a Wight. A relatively commom pick for the Old Friend before CA basically smothered it so hard people now expect less than nothing.

An Old Friend :)
A Chaos champion who got DORF'd
Resurrected by Nagash (was WEAK) and then Sigmar'd
Then resurrected most recently by Heinrich Kemmdogg.

>Still no split

Aleight I'll be the one to do it next general.

>Decide to take a break from Fantasy and play a last Roman campaign
>Declare independence upon reaching and taking Carthage
>Wiping through North Africa
>Forgot about the ash and Moor shitbloods happening in tandem

After Saga Month and before Skaven Month, concurrent with Grace Appreciation Month.

Verci-kun spent half the time trying to get the gauls not to act completely retarded. Sometimes he failed.

I'd be more than ok with it, problem is half the general plays history while the other half plays fantasy, in other words both hypothetical generals will be dead and slow as fuck

The Moor spawning almost wrecked my campaign. Had a really big battle in the ash weather(it was mostly just spearmen vs spearmen though)

I think Vercingetorix had a battle against Caesar in another city (Gergovia) where caesar had really high losses, so that made him convinced that probably getting sieged while he waited was a good idea since Caesar would have had big casualties again, would have been short on supplies and would have eventually lost the attrition war

>Splitting an already slow general which has a playerbase which plays both fantasy and history
Its autists like you which are cancer to this general because you can't stand a reskin of the same game mechanics.

But it's epic /gsg/ wars again!

>fantasy campaigns in progress
>don't want to finish those
>redownloaded R2
>don't want to start
>don't want to redownload one of the other games
Send help.

TWW2 has such a focus on this Narrative Campaign thing, you'd have to expect at least a short post-campaign clip as your team wins the Vortexb Owl

You can't defend cities with that.

>people in total war general discuss total war games
What's wrong with it?

Favorite non hero/lord voice actor?

>pic related for me

sent :^)

read a book nigga

Play anything else

>Besieging a settlement held by someone with a few more units than you and possible doomstacks around the corner
THE
ABSOLUTE
MADMAN

Play ace combat

GOBBOZ

Any dorf.

Total War: "My Generation", a Limp Bizkit Saga

Wew, one more turn and Karak Norn would have been wiped out by dirty Tree Hippies. It was THAT close. They almost starved out the whole garrison.

Bretonnian peasants.

What is belka?

>Look to the knights, they're so brave

>how to counter Doom Divers

Oathholder

Nothing-wrong doers

Most of the regular Dwarf units are always tops. The peasantry of Bretonnia is also fun, they're always talking the most bizarre shit.

THEY
HAVE
WRONGED
US

>Nagash still not announced

That's because NAGASH WAS meek

FUCK ELVES. This was a messy fight, the map is also fucking bugged. There are apparently invisible trees so my gun line was useless the whole fight. Dwarfs were too malnourished so they missed the whole battle.

>I saw the Fey Enchantress once, she smiled at me!
>Where's big Pete? We need him!

VENGEANCE
E
N
G
E
A
N
C
E

>got bored of playing Attila
>don't want to play Rome 2
>playing Shogun 2 already a while ago
>Empire is shit
What's the best mod for napoopan?
Also, what other good mods are out there for Med2 besides memeless steel?

lotr mod for m2

>What's the best mod for napoopan?
LME

>lotr mod
I don't like fantasy shit m8

Finally bought Shogun 2. What mods should I get?

>what other good mods are out there for Med2

The uninstall wizard

Remove Gaul

Try vanilla first. You should maybe get some mods that fixes vanilla stuff(like bugged stuff)

Is that ancient mod out for Attila yet?

Vanilla Shogun 2 is pretty good on it's own

I myself only use purely cosmetic mods

Stick to the classics, user.

Play Shogun 2.

I'm amazed this got into the game in the >current year

That elf has some big tiddies for her small frame.

>Total War Saga system only created so that CA can put out minor titles in Europe so that people can't complain when the next tentpole historical title is in China

screencap this

You think they're doing this to quell complaints?

You don't think it's just all about the $$$???

Not like there weren't large bosoms in Total Warhammer before the Spellsingers.

Fucking this, those jewish pieces of shit will be selling a bunch of charlemagnes at full price

>veiny tits

are great

If you're about to end that sentence with anything but "great" then by jove, we're about to have a problem.

NO PEACE. JUST WAR.

OK. I'm at 7:50 of the video and I'm really curious how the hell are gauls going to fuck up this clearly winning situation.

please this is all I want right now, this + werewolf army

Rome infantry strong.

Why would you mod perfection?
Play it vanilla.

>she will never be in your thrall

God damnGauls deserve this for being so incompetent. Outnumbering enemy 3:1 yet not being able to outflank him is beyond tactical failure.

I want her to be my wife.

Is that retexture? Doesn't look like vanilla.

Outflank people inside fortifications?

Also, those Romans were professional soldiers with pro equipments. The Gauls were just people.

Romans inside improvised fortification and spread thin all around its border while enemy is pushing from both sides at the same time and yet somehow Gauls didn't manage to break at multiple points.
But yeah, true about proffesional soldiers vs peasants.

alright just completed dwarf long campaign on normal. Who should I play next, should I raise the difficulty? The only time I had trouble was when I got attacked at the very south of the badlands by three stacks of norscans and up north by 4 stacks of chaos at the same time, was pretty fucked up

Bretonia on hard.

It is now July, a chill wind blows in Naggaroth but the sea of malice is beginning to thaw. From Ghrond, a messenger comes bearing word of an ancient prophecy involving the lands of far Lustria. The Hag Queens offer many sacrifices to Khaine to gain more of his favour. Meanwhile the Druchii of Clar Karod whip their slaves ceaselessly in preparation for the Witch-Kings coming campaign.
A great fleet is being assembled for but one purpose, domination by a best elf soon!

Roman fortifications were really good, with several layers of traps, spikes and deep engineering stuff

The video leaves out a detail though, the gauls amassed their troops in that place because a river went through there so probably fortifications weren't that developed there

But yeah, Julius Caesar was incredible lucky to have such veteran army, i mean no other army would be able to pull that shit off

>The Gauls were just people.

Heavily demoralised ones at that, at least inside. Watching their families cut down before their eyes in a no mans land just because they hardly had any food.

Vercingetorix must have been a shell of a man when Caesar finally got around to executing him years later.

>improvised fortification

I don't think you get the extent of the fortifications, they dug up huge trenches that they filled with the river, they built a big ass palisade all around the city with a ton of rakes to prevent charges, they built towers and they dug pits that they filled with spikes.

They dug and built more than they fought. That's the the true power and revolution of the Roman army. They're fully independent and adaptable.

yeah that was a dick move

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=962407953

anyone checked this out yet? looks pretty good from the preview video and the description

So how salty are historycucks over the Saga minigames being all they will ever get for the next five years?

>I'm afraid to try new things

radious

>tfw no sci-fi TW

I don't know, I haven't been to TWC in months after I realized how impossibly autistic everybody on there is.

>putting all of your skirmishers in a formation so dense that enemy cav can't beat it in melee
>if you try to pull out your cav gets instantly annhilated by massed javelin fire

The ai has truly outplayed me

I just got Attila and don't understand the power/influence mechanics, what should I do in this situation?

its fun.
Doesn't work with overhaul mods or combat mods