Just graduated from a useless degree, how the fuck does one "get a job"

Just graduated from a useless degree, how the fuck does one "get a job"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YCSQszklNBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Step 1: Have a useful degree
>Step 2: Write a great resume due to your useful degree and years of internships
>Step 3: Send out lots of applications
>Step 4: Pass Phone screens without sperging out
>Step 5: Pass in-person interview and obtain offer
>Step 6: Negotiate your salary

6 easy steps, user. Anyone can do it.

If you have a technical degree, it works like this:

* Create a LinkedIn account
* Pick from the many companies who try to recruit you.

What is this useless degree you have?

Music
what I learned was great and worth it, but until my freelance composing deal picks up I need work.

dont laugh frog i seen you crying

In many ways its a shame that we live in a world where something like this is considered rubbish. Says a lot I think

I seriously hope you did not get loans to fund your studies and that you are not an american.

>from

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

just follow your dreams user

I started with temp agencies until I got one who gave me a 2 month stint instead of the usual 1-2 day box packing jobs. That let me go to my next interview and tell them that what they wanted was almost exactly the same thing I've been doing for the past 2 months (it wasn't, but it was similar), which got me my first real job. Then when that job shut down and was shipped to India, I repeated step 2 with a better company because I now had 9 months experience instead of 2.

Basically, start with small, crappy jobs, get experience, and then use that to convince better jobs to hire you.

>freelance
This is code for "I don't have a job"
Also
>he didn't minor is business to go into the business side of music while getting connections, getting him closer to his dream composing job

I always post this video whenever I come across a post like this. youtube.com/watch?v=YCSQszklNBY I hope it helps.
There is a HUGE market for early childhood music development (reference the Music Together program). I pay 25 EUR for for weekly 45 minute sessions since my child was 6 months old - He's 3 now. And the class is packed. You can use your degree and this reference video to construct your own business model. Start local and grow via networking in nearby communities. Good luck user.

Thanks anons

OP try to make a youtube channel to be know while participating in small music shows in your local cafes. Then try to be a music teacher, you can even be a particular teacher and work freelance. Or if you re really good, make a youtube channel to get known or start working on making OSTs or background music for TV contest or something.
This

Do you know anyone else who had some sort of success with temp agencies?

i have an electrical engineering degree and learning harmony and counterpoint is just as difficult, takes just as much time, and is just as rewarding. It's too bad it's considered an inferior subject.

I hope you're not sincerely asking how to get a job. You should have had one far before you graduated to at least get your foot in the door as far as work goes.

I'm sorry but you are correct. This is absolutely the most worthless degree. Try making youtube videos on what you learned at school, become a mini celeb and maybe you can teach at a private school for 20k a year.

Why?

Why work when you can buy ETH today and be a gorillionaire later?

I was not able to get a job, so I said "fuck those guys" and started my own company in the same field I wanted a job in.

It's working out so far. My clients like me enough to pay me, anyway.