/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1293

■ Current Update (7/5): 「ファンタシースター感謝祭2017 ONLINE」Part4
bumped.org/psublog/face-a-more-powerful-phantom-battoruship-yamato-as-episode-4-comes-to-an-end/
pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/webevent/02/

■ Heroes: EPISODE 5 starting 7/26
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-5-buster-quests/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Current Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Eccentric Girls (until 7/26)
├ Tropical Summer Ocean (until 8/9)
└ [SG] Mother Cluster Imitation (until 12/13)

■ Current Collection Files
├ Phantom God (Zeinesis series, until 11/1)
├ Majestic/Phantom Battoruship (until 11/29)
├ Revolutio 2 (until 2018/3/7)
└ Aura (until 2018/3/21)

□ FAQs, Lilipans, Guides, (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information/News: bumped.org/psublog/
├ Basic English Patch: pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/
└ Buy AC using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa (embed)

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Trees: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affixing: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage Calculator: 4rt.info/psod/

□ Previous Thread: (Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4yoXTF-teIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that minute differences in stats only matter at the top level (unless you're trying to play bow with 150pp or something) and until then your ability to play is much more important. Yamato weapons are fine.

t. someone with three qliphads

How bad is the fighter domination in ep 5 actually gonna be?

>cucking as a gameplay element

SOLD

So Hero's gonna be shit right

Assuming Force is nerfed half as much as people fear and Maron is truly dead without assuming anything else? They would be far ahead every other currently existing class. What people aren't keeping in mind is that Force techs are being buffed across the board (probably still worse than they are now but far from dead), Katana is getting lots of buffs, Gunner is being buffed, Partizan is being buffed and Hero is coming out. Bow is getting buffs too but bow is probably actually dead.
The last demographic survey shows that Fighter already sees a massive surge in play rate among max level characters. Fighter population will probably continue to rise since on paper every class close to Fighter right now is getting nerfed and Fighter is only being buffed.

you mean EQ?

Whoops, yes, EQ.

>Katana is getting lots of buffs, Gunner is being buffed, Partizan is being buffed and Hero is coming out
None of those are going to matter. Fighter is going to be the only relevant class through all of ep 5.

Ranger is also getting buffed for content that matters.

Zieg giving you +35 quickly only works for weapons that started off as OT. The majority of weapons in the yamato CFs are NT from the get go and thus need 6 sheets to +35.

So all the yamato CF weapons are NT? If I wanted to do the skip I'd have to get a weapon from kagaseo stones, which would then be stuck at 15 element?

Not all of them. The military weapons and some of the older weapons like seiga sword start as OT.

The yamato CFs will give you OT for weapons that originally were OT. You can get them from sheets, but it's only a handful of Seiga/Tokyo 13* available that way. Some of them aren't that great either but around half of them are pretty decent.

The premier content of ep5 is basically TD and unless I'm remembering wrong, Ranger only received rifle buffs. They might be a tad less dependent on massive hunter but that's probably not enough to get them near Fighter level. I don't think people quite grasp how strong Fighter is right now since parsing is taboo among a lot of people and they don't have a geared fighter they can compare to their current class with.

Which ones were OT?

The bottom half of the Seiga/Quotz/Tokyo collection, they don't have exp bars.

Everyone arguing over Zein vs Yamato and here I am still using Union Rod for fire.

>stinky fighters thinking they'll ever be popular
LMAO, fuck off

Fuck off with this shit

Stop stinking my game and I will.

I'm a gunner and I still want you to die

Gunner is pretty much melee.
Oodan armpits go in your face.

Fighter used to be the 3rd least popular class and in ep4 alone it's climbed up to 3rd most popular. I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to climb in ep5 if they screw up balance bad enough.

H E R O B O Y Z
E
R
O
B
O
Y
Z

>can't s-roll while in z-aim with twin machineguns
Why. Fucking why.

Reminder if you play bow you should uninstall

You can though

There are separate binds for over-the-shoulder view in controls. You have to bind your weapon action to the same key as regular view mode.

Reminder if you play melee you need to shower and change classes

>Change off a master race class receiving buffs to ranged receiving nerfs
Nice meme

Why would you want the game to be balanced anyway? Balanced games are boring.

>rubbing onto space monkey aberrations
Fuck off, stinker

Competitive games? Sure
MMOs? God no. I still have awful memories of WoW where 2/3 the class combos would be refused entry to any real content. In games like this if one class just does everything better there's literally no reason to play anything else unless you don't mind handicapping yourself and being excluded from premades.

Oh, can you show us the numbers for the buffs, since you seem to know them?

Why does everything need to be viable?

That helps a lot, thanks.

I really wish enemies with unblockable stuns and grabs would fuck off.

Think of it this way: It makes it easier to single out Fighter for nerfs later if nothing else broken pops up

ITT: People too shit to play fighter complaining for fighter nerfs instead of learning how to play it

I play fighter, and do very well with it. I think it should be nerfed, because there's no reason for it to be as strong as it is. Maybe in the past when there wasn't much you could do about surviving in limit break, but definitely not now.

Hell, actually, I like that idea. Make LB take away 90% of your HP instead of 75%. That would fix all the problems I have with fighter.

>Wanting the class that takes the most skill nerfed
???

It takes very little skill to play current meta fighter. The change I suggested would make it the high skill high damage class again.

>everyone should just become an anesthesiologist
>its stupid not working as an anesthesiologist when its the highest paying job

Meant to reply to this how did I even fuck that up

>all these story board events that give me a Dio Tigredor-NT
Why. Why do they keep giving me this exact weapon? Just give me a fucking excube.

Nice strawman

splurt splurt

t. repressed wb slave who cannot stop stalking fighters to inhale their musk

Fuck. Off.

>mfw people say gunslash is viable
>all those stuns, aoe cones, explosions that cover your entire character, 5 second long attacks and beams that hit multiple times
>gunslash has nothing to combat this other then a short hop
>on top of that you have to be fucking balls deep on the enemy if you want to hit them with your PA's so you have to deal with all this shit full force
>still now techniques or ability's that support gunslash despite the fact that its been in the game since day 1
Nu-pso2 has eliminated the gunslash player

t. fly airport

If people can do it on solo mother and PD you can do it on basic bitch ass bosses

new player here, quick question can photon arts crit?

>unblockable
There are very few things in the game that cannot be blocked, and none of them are grabs or can stun you.

>people complain about force and summoner all ep
>not even happy they're being nerfed to the ground, now they just think fighter deserves to be nerfed now which takes 10x the effort
fuck off

with you? always splurt

Yes but it's only relevant if you're gunner or fighter

where the new pics

The meme of fighter being a high skill class needs to die. Nobody who actually plays fighter thinks that it is anymore. You would have to try to die in LB most of the time.

Goldrahda grab can't be blocked

everyone should just report that "fighter takes skill" guy. Seeing his shitty bait all day long gets really boring

Yes it can be. I do it all the time with katana.

Fighter takes more skill than all other classes combined.
I could multibox 12 forces and it'd be easier than playing one fighter.

>implying mother and PD compare to shitfest like everything in Ult Amd, Deus Hunar and 90% of the newer quest.

>Ult Amd
Only the sword dragon is bad. Anga only gives you trouble if you're a single weapon shitter
>Deus Hunar
He's a really fun fight and honestly one of the ones that gunslash would be able to deal with best given how quick his attacks are
>90% of the newer quest
Assuming you're talking about LQs most people can't deal with those regardless it's not unique to gunslash players

Fighter does take skill. You have to be able to parry enemy patterns.

>Parry enemy patterns
let me just tap a button with a massive window like every other melee class has to but get more reward :^)

The reward doesn't eliminate the fact that you need to be able to learn and respond to enemy patterns. This is a slippery slope.

I think they're going to nerf limit break next and hero might be the god
youtu.be/4yoXTF-teIg

>you need to be able to learn and respond to enemy patterns
literally every class

Did an FF14 crossposter really leave a suicide message in this general?

Would be a god-send for ff14 players. The drama queens that infest ffxiv are worse then the ones here.

Mad he can't play fighter and would rather complain about it than learn.

He left it in ffxivg

So have you never played fighter, or have you never played anything other than fighter?

Here's your (you)

>play everyday
>log in today, 6 craft requests
>go into room
>no craft requests

I hate this so much, I want people that do this to drown in a sea of dicks

>solo videos
>relevant
No shit you all think Fighter is too good, you're looking at stupid shit that doesn't matter.

Since they're usually far away from danger, ranged classes don't need to do this as much; their dodge times are longer than average (bow is a bit of an odd situation). They can simply dodge on reaction.

That's not a counterargument. Where is your data?

>bow getting btfo in ep5
never stops making me laugh

Why the fuck did I just get an S-rank on story board 4-7?

It said something like "Quest Progress 0/100" with a bunch of runes.

What? What are you even talking about dude

>EP5 launches
>people notice their class nerfed to uselessness
>change to FI
>the player base follows
>Sega notices the pattern
>no fun allowed so BAM, FI's limit break nerfed to 1 HP
>everyone switches to HERO, new class, so can't be nerfed

KMR: WHAT HAVE WE DONE
SGNM: you know what you did
SAKAI: wow those schoolgirl outfits look really great
MOMOI: kawaiiiii
ENOMOTO: eeeeeeeeeeeee
ICHITARO: /la dance2

What part are you responding to?

Err, A-rank

The second part. What data are you even talking about? My point was that the things you are saying sound like someone who only knows a little bit about fighter, or only knows a little bit about classes other than fighter.

And I said this isn't a counteragument. By data, I mean where is your evidence that leads you to believe this? An assumption alone isn't an argument.

Fighter can only mess up once or else they die and they're always in melee range. The other melee are way tankier and can eat hits like candy while ranged is never in danger and have long dodges anyway.

I think Fi betas piss me off more than any other class now

I hate the idea of leveling Force.

They're nerfing it so you don't have to play inferior ranged classes. Rejoice

what the fuck is this "Stinky" meme

how low did /pso2g/ go

actually kill yourself

lilith

REMINDER THAT DEADLY CIRCLE TYPE 0 LITERALLY HAS OVER 100 FRAMES OF GUARD POINTS ON IT