What's wrong with pic related besides how ugly it is

What's wrong with pic related besides how ugly it is

boomer-bait

Shit build quality

And this

it's a neon but worse in every way

It was quite possibly the most unreliable vehicle built in America at the time.

They're not bad aside from the stigma and problems inherited from the Neon. Common problems seem to stem from the overloaded suspension and leaking gaskets. On the upside, they are very roomy and comfy.

It was a novelty item that turned out to be a piece of shit.

I owned one.

Nothing. The 2.4 turbo will keep up with a new GTI with a tune. It's a cunt to work on though.

fuck off Wiley

A guy i work with has one. He likes driving it but the think constantly has problems. The suspension is a bit jerky but its spacious on the inside. IDK about engine power since ive never driven it

you have to pull the front right wheel to get to the battery

glass transmission

Parked over line, not parked fwd far enough

need a hell of a lot more than just a tune if its stuck with the 41TE 4spd auto.

My mom drives a Neon and that shit is reliable as all hell. Maintenance was always spotty as hell but it's still kicking thank God.

Can't go wrong with American engineering.

Driving one would likely make you suicidal and everyone hate you.

Not much, honestly. As someone else said, some have leaky gaskets but the 2.4 EDJ/EDZ engines are bulletproof little mills that make a fair amount of torque. The 4-speed auto transmissions are laggy and not condusice to spirited driving (but are reliable), but the 5-speed manual ones are great. The only real issues are the fact that they go through front end suspension (bushings and outer tie rod ends, mostly) kind of fast (esp. if they are turbocharged), and they tend to get rust on the rear quarters. Any work on the engine/trans is a bitch due to how tight it is under the hood, but you get used to it. Parts are cheap as fuck so they are easy to keep running.
They handle well given their size and are comfy. The GTs can be made to be real potent sleepers, both in a straight line and in the twisties.

No, that’s on the cloud cars like the Stratus.

All that said I love mine. I have 3: a black 2008 base model auto, a purple 2006 convertible Touring edition manual, and a silver 2003 GT manual that runs a 12.3 second 1/4 mile.

*not conducive to spirited driving*
I’ve yet to have coffee this morning.

kek what a glorious bastard

absolute sick cunt

It makes me wanna kill myself knowing that a car like this could sell well enough for it to be made up until fucking 2009.

It was a perfect shitbox for the time. Cheap, okayish fuel mileage, targeted at boomers with disposable money, and tons of room inside.
The first few model years were sold out before they got to dealers.

An absolute cunt to work on

the owner cant park worth shit

Wait a sec, last time your silver ptgt was running 11.4. Or am I just getting mandela'd.

It can run an 11.4 on 100 octane (with proper tune) and slicks. 12.3 is the street legal time. With DOT tires and 93 octane with a canned tune.

I have one that has been somewhat reliable for 16 years. But I have been the butt of many jokes

had a 2008 base
hated every second of it and drove the piss out of it.
>tfw you take out back seats, turns into fuck wagon if you have the panel edition or 5%tint all around
fuck I miss it but I'm glad its gone. I used to drive it to work and can literally max it out in under 45secs.
if I ever got one again I'd get the GT 5spd, been seeing a lot of 5spd GT convertibles though.

What the hell this guy is like the Batman of pt cruisers. Comes out of the shadows when you least expect it

Chevy took the guy and he made a better version. Then a few years later Chevy oddly decided to make a 300hp turbo'd SS version.

miserable as fuck to work on. engine bay is tighter than a nun

i remember when i worked in a garage and a PT Loser came in for a headgasket or waterpump everyone just ran from the work order. just like Neons, black guys would run the piss out of them and not care for them and the timing belt would break and they came in on a tow truck wondering why the cah no worky

The horrible styling forced horrible packaging.
Having to work on one of these pieces of shit is just the worst.

how based can one man be?

You could get them with a manual

lmao

Chrysler

You glorious fuck. Keep on truckin' with your PT's