/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Ouch! Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png
FNN 16: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-16

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Mo4kwYgQ!xVdDcVIx0dv1mYT4a53iAOrXGLofcDshQyhftsp54u4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OI

OI

third for post your fucking loadouts

here you go r8 & h8

>having a dedicated LTS pilot loadout
>ever getting out of your Titan in LTS

Disgusting

>they don't feed their titan properly
Titan abuse is a serious matter user

i wanna fug this A.I

It's just the ""specialized"" loadout I use for LTS and I had to use up that last slot somehow

that's what "AT Stealth" is, mostly

Try phase embark. If your titan is standing directly on a battery, you can get out, collect the battery instantly, and get back in within the span of a second, it's saved my ass on clutch plays more than once

post your loadouts fuccboi

when can we assign loadouts to be auto-selected for gamemodes

At least at the start of the match, of course retaining the freedom to switch afterward like normal

I have a dedicated loadout for LTS and CTF, for starters

even better

God I want to fuck Aqua's brains out. What little she has anyway

>he wants to fuck worst girl
y tho

I'm a console who's trying to level a bunch of stuff up right now. I only have one 'dedicated' loadout and that's my tryhard loadout

>Not wanting to fuck a goddess for the experience
Besides I didn't say marry, just a one night deal

This is my shitter load out

>ruining the mastiff with ugly horns
shiggy

Go fast, like really fast
Start of the match flanks are by far the easiest way to get executions, nobody turns around because they don't think it's possible for someone to be behind them that early

Alternatively, abuse holopilot, I used to autistically main holo and after finally coming back to it when the holo execution hit I average atleast 4 or 5 executions per game, people just magnetize to holos it's ridiculous

CRUELTY

Any Xbros on? Almost happy hour time.

Pretty much all of my loadouts are just slight variations on my main bread and butter, I just really like the SMR but sometimes I whip out the softball for livefire
Used to carry the pocket kraber as a sidearm for all of them but fell in love with the RE45 yesterday so I'm using that now

M8 your on Xbox do you not know how the game dvr works?

HAPPY HOUR INCOMING
PC BOYS, WE'RE DOING CUSTOM 8V8
AWAIT THE INVITE

Yeah, I'm just not anywhere near my Xbox right now. Those were pics I sent to a friend

SCRATCH THAT, IT'S A DEAD NIGHT

SCRATCH THAT AGAIN
IF YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH ONE OF US, JOIN

WE'RE STILL AT IT
JOIN US

really adioses my amigos...

I love this game but the CAR is so over powered and perfect that I don't feel any hype at the game no more.

Everyone uses CAR, 201 or the R95 and how wouldn't you when it's a hitscan weapon that encourages spray and WIN into the general direction of an enemy pilot. I don't understand or know Respawn's view on it, but certainly this is blatantly wrong.

You don't even have to ADS, nor even have good tracking of the enemy: the rate of fire of these weapons is so high and the magazine is so generous and PRECISE that you just swivel the mouse over the enemy and it will die.

I really don't get why after a year they haven't been changed, nerfed or the community hasn't said anything about them. They're ridiculously easy and effective, every SMG with the Volt as an exception.

I use the 201 chiefly because I like assault rifles and it frustrates me a lot, personally

I like to fly around a lot and an assault rifle just isn't tailored to that style of play- but I just think the CAR and the R-97 are boring weapons. I like the concept of the alternator but it's legitimately too easy.

>I like to fly around a lot and an assault rifle just isn't tailored to that style of play- but I just think the CAR and the R-97 are boring weapons. I like the concept of the alternator but it's legitimately too easy.
Me too, they're boring but most of all they're boring because they're so easy.

And every game I see a CAR user, maybe an Alternator guy but it's rare, topping scores by just jumping on rooftops and popping people at the distance. They're not even bothering sometimes, you just drop a grenade and they will step it on dumbfoundly and respawn and do so again, farming slows and baddies.

There are legitimately HARD weapons to use and it's strange that there's an entire class dedicated to do the same but in the opposite spectrum of difficulty, and this has been left off like that for well over a year.

I sincerely do not understand this. It's not like "they are better because some X over Y" no, it's more like they're better on EVERYTHING. AT EVERYTHING. KILLING EVERYONE.

I don't keep up with drama on forums or with the patch notes but hasn't anyone ever said something about the CAR?

I'd like to see a mode where you don't even get SMGs. SMGs are kind of fun I guess, but it's boring how they dominate everything. Without them you could have
>grenadier weapons being fast-tailored weapons that require an extra helping of skill to land your projectiles
>Assault rifles that can be kind of used while going fast but have accuracy penalties in midair filling the automatic niche
>Shotguns are shotguns
>sniper rifles are sniper rifles

>

Well I tried 200% health private match with a friend and this was fun as fuck, I recommend everyone to try it sometime. The TTK feels like I may say Halo with SMGs and the R201. Two melee hits to kill feels awesome and you can make the enemy disengage with it, aerial battles that last a lot more and much more kung fu shit. It's awesome.

Of course the sucky weapons suck a LOT more though. Still fun but it really shows how badly are the actual damage output balanced with the accuracy they have.

>you don't even have to ADS

how did this 'press button to aim' meme even get into people's heads? You aim with the cursor. Changing your zoom only makes it a little easier to see far away.

>much more kung fu shit

That sounds fucking terrible, sorry. The melee is legitimately one of the worst parts of TF2.

What I like about Titanfall is that you move fast and you die fast giving a flow to combat when you're doing well. I really don't play Titanfally because I want to play an arena shooter.

Is it just me, or did they change Gates' model? She used to just be a different version of the MC from the singleplayer campaign, but now she has some kind of suede-looking arm cover and sleeve. When did this happen?

>playing hardpoint
>get into a 1v1 with another epg user
>we're duking it out matrix style
>get lucky and shoot him mid jump
>feelsgoodman
>later in the match I accidentally
run up on him only to be pulled in with a gravity star and blasted away with his epg
>tbags me
I mean it was funny but fuck you

I wish Respawn decided to add more projectile weapons instead of a reskin of the R201 with a scope. They're way more fun, but it often feels like if you're a good player you're gimping yourself by using projectiles.

>fall asleep early and miss stack

darn

The softball is great fun but I like the ballistic weapons because most fastshooters don't do the whole hitscan thing

>the scope is neither accurate nor provides zoom
>no unique sound effects from the original game
the fact that people thought this was acceptable bewilders me

>actually using the loadout slots

Why bother? I just change things individually as I see fit

sometimes you know EXACTLY what situation you're going into, and you know EXACTLY what loadout you want for it. Why not just have it prepped and ready so you can just click a button?

It's much easier to have my shotgun load out all set up and balanced out than it is to swap to it mid-game and replace all of my addons.

>Almost all the prime Titans look like solid, flashy upgrades to the base model
>Legion Prime looks like it was made to be a non-choking hazard toy for 3 year olds
Why is this allowed

I'm still kind of pissed that the nosearts don't work as well on any of the prime titans as they do on the regular ones.

because the enemy will be swallowing it anyway, why add insult to injury?

Titan reload cancels? I knew that you could shorten Scorch's by using the flame shield, but I heard there is one for Ion too. What is it?

I didn't know that you could cancel titan reloads at all, that's useful. I only just found out you can cancel out of mantling, which has saved my ass.

Level 25 and just hit 235 merits. Thinking of buying low profile. Anything better to spend merits on?

exactly the same thing, just watch the ammo counter

Low profile is the single best tier 2 perk in the game. There is no reason to run anything else.

Buy it. Buy it now.

hey shampooh is that JP redist fucked this patch

yes, here's what you're missing
mega.nz/#!Mo4kwYgQ!xVdDcVIx0dv1mYT4a53iAOrXGLofcDshQyhftsp54u4

thanks dude, love ya

>finish deposite at bank
>drop satchel, go upstairs of bank
>wait 4 seconds and randomly detonate
>obtain 39 bucks
I didn't see nor hear anyone and was betting on luck
the guy probably thought I was wall hacking

>Angel City
Why do people like this map again?

Because those people know how to wallrun real good

>Wallrun
>On Angel City
If by wallrun you mean camping on buildings the entire match, then yes, I can see why people like the map.

Nah I'm a spaz, and I run around with an EPG and tap all the campers of rooftops. There's good jump routes if you slide hop like a sperg.

adios amigo...

Hello it's the ghost of /bfg/. Please come back and make a new thread

Sorry for your loss

I'd help you bump but i don't own the game so i don't know what the fuck to talk about

There's nothing to talk about, that's why it's dead.

>faggotfield
Only /hg/ and /codg/ are patricians here.

>CoD
>Halo
>patrician
Xboners say the darndest things
Every shooter should take a page from Battlefield and make every weapon projectile.
Hitscan is archaic and needs to be phased out

Be sure to tune in to SGDQ at 10:35 AM EST for the Titanfall 2 run
Speedrunners are the fastest afterall

Have the cod kiddies left yet?

I'm pretty sure Halo is all projectiles too. Or at least it used to be, I stopped giving a shit after Reach.

>TF|2 got a speedrun on early Sunday morning
Can TF2 ever catch a break with it's timing?

Hear that ringing in your ears son?

It's saturday

even worse

What's fun about some faggot in a Scout Helicopter mowing your team down the entire match while not a single person uses an igla, or a stinger, or any other rocket launcher, or a manned launcher, or a anti-air vehicle, or another helicopter, or a stealth jet, or an attack jet, or literally anything to bring that fucker down and you try your hardest to take it out but it has 2 repairisites on the side out healing your dps like it's some shitty moba like overwatch and then you have to deal with recons using beacons on top of buildings spamming suppressed snipers and dmr's while supports on the ground bipod camp and spamming the fuck at you so you're suppressed constantly and then deal with them putting c4 on a transport vehicle ramming you right before they blow you to ashes and they they make sure they can't get off the fucking point because at least 2 assholes playing assault with defibrillators keep reviving their fucking team while everyone focuses on the guy getting revived because at every opportunity is just another way to get dogtags that you got because you spent $200 getting a knife that is just a skin for an animation.
Engineer is fine though outside of repairis*tes. Hardline made them even stronger. Fuck BF1 2bh.

Reminder that said speedrunner:
>insists that the multiplayer is terrible in every regard
>believes you are a bad player if you play with your team
>will blame all deaths on being caught in "crossfires"
>is literally tearing his hair our
>at the least, acknowledges that Reddit is retarded, despite his reliance on them

>get a blast of tinnitus right as I look at this post
viper speaks to me

Who hurt you user

this has literally never been the case.

CoD has projectile weapons like the Ballistic knife and Crossbow but they're just shitty secondaries used for stealth. Black Ops 3 added some nice fucking weapons including a projectile shotgun that can one shot across the map, a burst fire projectile pistol that can wipe out scoresteaks in a couple bursts, and a projectile nail gun that is always a 3 shot kill. It's also the Call of Duty closest to Titanfall. Treyarch takes gimmicks from other games and twists them to suit the gameplay. They even did that with Raimi's Spiderman games. Infinity Ward has been in the shitter since the split but they are better in some way than Respawn. Sledgehammer I don't know much about but are on the frontlines in adding new gameplay. Tittyfall is essentially a CoD game with Titanfall aspects.
I played Battlefield 4 today and it made me more angry than any game I've played in a month. God it's so fucking annoying. I can easily dominate but 20 of your teammates are braindead retarded who only pick recon to qu1cksc0p3. I love playing commander but people never listen to my orders. There is no cooperation in Battlefield because of they shitty squad system making everything worse. Hardline did some things better but you drop fast as fuck in that game because Battle Rifles are fully automatic DMR's and Snipers get a cross map one shot kill because ???????? man fuck Dice t b h.

>no stoic red for apex camo
Damn

I don't know this guy but is that relevant at all to speedrunning singleplayer? It's not anyone who's that invested in any game isn't going to be borderline autistic anyway, to be honest.

>you will never pilot a titan in a losing ground war against ragtag terrorist militia in an alien jungle

>Orbital drop into Space Vietnam
>"It Ain't Mecha" starts playing

whoops, here's the correct spelling

Adyos_ Amigo:
Cause of death: bullying

oh, look. first game of the day and and first aimbotter

AAAAAAND 2ND ONE

>no video
Sounds like you're just bad, lad.

the best thing about satchels is the way ragdolls get launched

She used to be a reskin of Cooper from the campaign but was changed to her actual campaign model (go look back in The Ark) in the Glitch update.

I just wanted the old Holosight and HCOG back. I'd have been fine with the damage and SFX thing if I could have my holo back.

maybe after a new vindictus thread ;_:

bf1 was shit senpai and I even liked hardline

let me know when 2143 comes out

NEVER EVER ;-;

future shit>historical shit

go polish your wooden gun and then lie down in a mud puddle if you like the BF1 experience so much

>go polish your wooden gun and then lie down in a mud puddle
we're on Veeky Forums not on /k/

What are the actual odds of more titans/weapons/tacticals in our future?