What's wrong with this car other than the fact that it's a hybrid?

What's wrong with this car other than the fact that it's a hybrid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rb_iZvcln74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing objectively speaking.
>inb4 its not a slow naturally aspirated limp dick V6 like the original
It became something greater.
>inb4 it doesn't deserve the name "NSX"
its more worthy of the name than the original ever could've been given its more experimental and offers something more "new".

it's 8000lbs and only has 6 cylindrical chambers

It's called NSX which makes people reeeee. I mean the fact it's a hybird would always some people (who are generally poor and couldn't afford a clapped out Acura Legend much less the NSX) would get mad about that but there'd be fewer if it was called something else.

That said if it wasn't called that there'd be a shitstorm of people wondering why it wasn't called the NSX.

I don't even see what's wrong with having electric motors in conjunction with an ICE. It gets the performance numbers and fuel economy numbers up doesn't it?

The fact that Honda won't paint any other car in this colour.

>It gets the performance numbers and fuel economy numbers up doesn't it?

No. The Corvette makes more power and gets better highway mpg.

It just doesn't have that exotic-car look that the original NSX had. Dare I say it but it looks like it's just one step above a current Honda Accord.

and cant go two laps without reeing

The 488 price tag

Designed by a woman.

The original represented the lightweight, barebones, low and wide MR Japanese sports car.

This one is an R8.

Fuck off.

The fact that it's a hybrid is the best part, are you retarded?

U.S car designer

Let me explain for you bench racing niggers why this car is probably the worst attempt at a sports car ever made
>what made the original nsx so great?
Simplicity, driver engagement, design beauty and luxury
>what does the new nsx try to be?
A McLaren p1. The exact opposite
>muh faster hybrid system and high tech niggery
Fuck off and die the only people who care about that are benchracing faggots posting from the bus saving up to fix their cart canned Honda civic
>What's wrong with the nsx?
>it's ugly
>it sounds like a vacuum cleaner because they just had to turbocharge it too
>no daily driveability, doesn't even have cupholders ffs
>it's small and cramped yet somehow manages to weigh more than a Chevy equininox
>so many driver assists it makes the r35 feel like a miata
>slower than a base model r35
>slower than the shitbox zo6
>slower than a fucking mustang with wide tires and a bodykit (gt350r)
>slower than an f type
All of this might be forgivable if it were like 60-80,000$, BUT IT COSTS OVER 180,000$ DOLLARS

FUCK this car in glad it flopped and I hope they don't even bother with the type r version because it's going to flop even worse

Whiny bitches on the internet can't afford it

The original was pigfat with an interior lined with leather and shit like power everything

You have no idea what you're talking about

doesn't have the cool factor like the old one had

It's fucking boring.

>new sports car xperimental
>is experimental
>LMAO MUUH SUCKS

Excellent rebuttal you low T bench racer

ugly face
outdone in every way imaginable by cars in it's price range,except maybe fuel economy but really who ever is buying it won't care about that

>calls others benchracers
>his entire argument is benchracing and wrong opinions

>Simplicity, driver engagement, design beauty and luxury
Nigger what?
>Fuck off and die the only people who care about that are benchracing faggots posting from the bus saving up to fix their cart canned Honda civic
>Instant torque is bad and only for benchracers!
Just stop you absolute retard

I wouldn't expect you to understand anything other than lap times since you're not even old enough to drive lmao. Why did I waste my time with this b8

Literally no one on this board has ever driven one of these cars.

If you have the means to shop Rodeo drive in the USA,Yorkdale in Canada or Savile Row in England you don't buy from the street vendors.

>A McLaren p1. The exact opposite
So, reliable and not atrociously high in maintenance?
>Fuck off and die the only people who care about that are benchracing faggots
But benchracers hate anything that seems like compromise for daily stuff like fuel efficiency and that's one of this car's appeal to me.
>it sounds like a vacuum cleaner
It sounds no different than the original really, just extra sound deadening and slightly lower redline.
>because they just had to turbocharge it too
a naturally aspirated V6 in 2017 for a halo car just sounds gay and you might as well buy a Lotus Evora. Honda is capable of more than that so i'm glad they went turbo.
>no daily driveability,
with 21 MPG City and suspension that soaks up bumps like a landbarge? how?
>doesn't even have cupholders ffs
pic related
>it's small and cramped
compared to.. any other Midship?
>slower than a base model r35
wrong.
>slower than an f type
wrong.
>All of this might be forgivable if it were like 60-80,000$
if it were that price it would be a lot slower and people would still complain like the Toyobaru. i don't know how you think you'll get a 500+ HP for 60-80k or a car that's competitive with anything you just mentioned for that price from Honda.
>IT COSTS OVER 180,000$ DOLLARS
I've definitely found some for $150,000
>I hope they don't even bother with the type r version because it's going to flop even worse
If they actually manage to be the first jap manufacturer to get under 7 minutes at the burger king with a type R you and all the other naysayers will eat their underpants. already close to being the first production class car under 10 minutes at pikes peak (was just 3 seconds off this year). This bitch is pretty capable.

>What's wrong with this car
Wrong place at the wrong time. The philosophy behind the concept was sound. Also doesn't have a Type-R version.

>Wrong place at the wrong time
I could agree with this, it suffers from "Duke Nukem Forever" syndrome in the sense that people were very excited for it but the excitement wore down as time went on and no release date in sight then by the time it does release its doing so around the same time as nu-male GT a car that doesn't even want to compete and stole the NSX's lime light.

So this thing's not selling all that well, right? Any deals to be had? Of course I know with a six-figure car "deals" is relative.

I honestly can't remember a worse car reveal than this recent NSX, holy shit

If it was executed correctly, honestly they could have charged an arm and a leg for it in some form

youtube.com/watch?v=rb_iZvcln74

Hey, Honda listened.

Because it didn't follow the design philosophy of its predecessor at all
>Nissan Skyline: 4WD and computers
>RX7: Spinny Doritos
>Toyota Supra: Japan can make a muscle car too
>Honda NSX: Affordable long wheelbase MR with good suspension

Compare to now:
>GTR: 4WD and computers
>NSX: Supercar driveline
>Everything else: ???

The NSX's legacy was never its fancy engine or driveline, it was the fact you could have a MR sportier than a MR2 without getting a second mortgage on your house. All they had to do was slap a generic turbo V6 from any of their SUVs or whatever into a decent MR chassis and it would have been golden; with the bonus that it would meet emission regs with no extra effort as the engine is already optimized for something with twice the weight. Every time sales die down you raise the boost a bit and release a new version, depending on how detuned the original engine is this strategy could last them quite a while.

I recognize that. That carbon fiber NSX is a SEMA build and that's a chinese rumor mill. Go search new S2000 rumors on you'll get several chinese sites written in engrish

>Because it didn't follow the design philosophy of its predecessor at all
That's a very good thing, if it did it wouldn't be worthy of the name NSX. the NSX doesn't have a legacy name like the other cars and i really don't see how you could expect it to stay anything like its predecessor. you might as well be expecting the Mclaren "P1" to be like the "F1" they both sound similar but its a clear indication they wanted to go a different direction which is why Mclaren abandoned the V12 and went Hybrid.

>What's wrong with this car except it's most defining, most expensive part?

literally a bench racer

>the NSX doesn't have a legacy name like the other cars and i really don't see how you could expect it to stay anything like its predecessor
But it has a legacy nonetheless. Everyone can think of an NSX when you mention one. The image of the car is in the public lexicon, and for the most part so is its capabilities.
Simple, driver oriented, rivaling the driving experience of, and even flat out beating the most expensive supercars in the world
the new NSX does none of that

I'm looking to buy a reliable DD. I have about $3k saved up, do you prefer the Honda Civic DX or LX trim? what are the pros and cons of each? thanks!

>But it has a legacy nonetheless. Everyone can think of an NSX when you mention one.
I don't think you got what i meant, its name "NSX" (New Sports car eXperimental) implies it was never going to be a Call of Duty 1 2 3 etc style sequel. its name should've been a good indicator of that from the very start in 1990. anyone who wants a slightly updated version of the same thing should just stick to corvettes and 911s.

>Honda NSX: Affordable long wheelbase MR with good suspension
Holy shit Veeky Forums you crack me up