Why does F1 need a billion safety measures and the faggot halo system being introduced next year...

Why does F1 need a billion safety measures and the faggot halo system being introduced next year, when there are motorsports like the Isle of Man TT where people race 200MPH inches from kerbs and houses?

The French are pussies; what else is new.

>being careless about my life makes me superior somehow

because no one cares about safety on bikes

>string connected from the bikers jacket to the bike
>when biker flies off the bike it brakes off
>massive airbags shoot out of pants helmet and jacket
>we michelin man now

>dude let's put a metal bar in front of the drivers face just in case a wheel flies towards a drivers head ever though wheels have been tethered in F1 for years

Have those saved a life yet?

cool devilish horns

kys

tethered wheels didn't prevent 2 people from dying
and it doesn't even prevent tires from flying away
look at perez crash in baku in the fp1

i want people to die

>tethered wheels didn't prevent 2 people from dying
Who are you talking about?

Halo would have done absolutely nothing for Bianchi, and the FIA admit Massa would be dead right now if his car had it fitted as the spring would have deflected downwards off the halo and into his chest at 150MPH. Wheel tethers were improved after Surtees (F2) died.

The leathers already have airbags in them

>>being careless about my life makes me superior somehow

It's not about being careless.

It's about being on the edge and fighting with yourself and the bike. The margin for error is much less than if you were driving a car. Thus you must be very careful and precise otherwise you could crash. Too much throttle could spin the car, if you are riding you can highside and die.

Learning how to control your bike, being on the edge and being able to slide rear wheel through the turn or push the front end and not crash is what makes bikes and riders superior to cars and drivers.

I bet you have never ever done any trackdays.

To much money. This is exactly what Nascar went through in the 2000s. These teams are not being financed by rich eccentrics for love of the sport, These are people who made an investment and expect that investment to be protected, even if it ruins the sport in the process.

Yes, in Moto2 a few races ago.

Massive highside

Lie.

Superior maybe not. But it's a helluva lot more entertaining.

Formula one drivers are more expensive, popular, and powerful than motorcycle racers.

>inches from kerbs and houses
Try millimetres.

Otherwise, if you race in the TT, you accept that you have a significant chance of death. Look up the documentary movie on Guy Martin.

Yeah and people have died almost every year the TT has been run. I guess F1 is trying to avoid that.

Because people like Neil Tuxworth, Guy Martin and John McGuinness have got big bollocks and Hamilton etc are a bunch of effete poofters.