/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

High on insight Edition

Woke up: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

PURGE FILTH

I wonder how many of them are still around

So I've noticed that hosts in Bloodborne nearly always watch cutscenes, as opposed to Dark Souls 3 where they're often skipped.

By the time Dark Souls 3 came out no one really gave a hoot about the plot anymore.

Anyone remember the possible drops of the enemy by the beasthunter saif in the hunter's nightmare? He dropped something, thought it was a rune, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I have failed the jump to the Blood Messanger Bandage over 20 times.

I need to sleep, I fucking hate this fucking item.

Probably vermin if it had red eyes

That was it. Thanks.

Pretty much this. DaS3's plot and the way it pathetically tries to tie the games together is very unsatisfying.

Or that the only people left playing this game are playing it for the first time, as opposed to DaS3 which is still relatively fresh.

I don't get the hate boner for DaS3. Sure, the gameplay is pretty boring and lackluster, but overall I didn't think it was that bad.

Clearing upper cathedral ward and then immediately gonna kille ebreitas atfter that if you would like to join. Ringing at first lamp with pass bbg3

I liked the areas at least, when they weren't swamps

>just got to Ludwig

Well, I'm glad this is keeping up with the fromsoft tradition of making the DLC bosses incredibly bullshit.

The need to return to Yharnam is strong. I've platted the game and still need more.

The only build I've not run is STR. Sell me on your STR weapon of choice, good hunter.

Dude there are so many str weapons.
Dat wheel.
Dat pizza cutter.
Dat amy arm.
Nigga str weapons are the most fun weapons in the game and ste builds are the best becausr DAT HEAVY ABYSSAL. ALL WEAPONS ARE NOW STREGNTH WEAPONS NIGGA.

Pizza Cutter + Axe strongest there is.

> Kirkhammer - BEEFY AS FUCK LADDIE
> Stake Driver - You will never feel as satisfied as you do when you pull off that charged r2 on a moving boss.
> Wheel - Legitimately fun weapon all round. S scaling. What more can you ask for?
> Amy Arm - Has the best follow up r2s around bar none. Untricked has the hammer "pull out of ground shockwave" thing and the tricked has 2 follow up slices after a pancake.
> Beast Cutter - Its like cane but BEEFIER.
> Whirligig - The single most busted ass weapon in the game. Combine with pellets to delete bosses.
> Also all skill weapons because HA

Ludwig can be very overwhelming for a new player. But he's the kind of boss that forces you to get better without ever feeling cheap. He's pretty well designed. It's just a matter of getting used to his tells.

Micolash is cute CUTE

>Arm has the best R2 followups
>What is the Moonlight Sword

A shit. Suck it arc nerd.

Shit taste confirmed.

Normal or lost bowblade for bloodtinge?

>kos

It doesn't surprise me even a little that a Kosmfag thinks the Moonlight Sword sucks. Go get yourself some eyes, you beastly idiot.

not even the same guy you silly arc nerd.
Go play with slugs you dweeb.

you beastly idiot how can you even think that it's kos and not kosm get some eyes you faggot

it doesn't really matter as far as I know.
I've never farmed tinge gems but I'm like 99% sure they're all offshape gems so unless you're hoping to use nourishing you should probably just be prepared to adapt to whatever gems you get.

he is probably the fairest boss in the DLC

t. 0 insight

My dude, I use arc so I can PURGE. I leave the slugs to the actual nerds.

>Says the literal same thing as me
Kosmfags really are braindead, aren't they.

> Purging with a moonlight sword instead of the hand of god itself
SHIGGYDIGGY MY NIGGY

and here they said that the general was going to shit
beasts all over the shop
how can you even think that it's kos, do you just accept everything for what it is? Don't you look deep into it and discover the truth?
Truly, no one is sane around here

I purge with the WHEEL, like Logarius intended. Call me a purist.

>Only mention of """""Kosm""""" is one raving madman
>Even then it's said in passing
The line may as well be "or some dumb assholes say Kosm" because that's about as much thought as he puts into it.

Lost if you're going for 2 27.2% Temperings and a 31.5% Blt Circle. If you're going for OoS, then whichever version you have the gems for since it's random.

oh my eyeless beast, the fact that the only person that was about to reach illumination was the only one that knew the word is in fact one of the proofs we have that it's kosm and not kos.
In the Madman's Knowledge we see that the more you gain insight the more you go crazy and the fact that your frenzy buildup is faster is the confirmation for it. Well, micolash was full of insight, probably the npc with the highest amount, that's why he went mad, and why he's the one who knows the truth

>Have 99 insight
>Know it's Kos
Checkmate Kosmfags

As a 99 insight turbo-wizard I can confirm this. Micolash is blessed.

no, he's not yet ascended, he knows there's a kosm, while other humans know only of a kos, that's why i'm more inclined to believe that kosm is the real truth, get some eyes

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY DOES THE SEDATIVE TAKE SO GODDAMN LONG TO SIP

A NEW FUCKING ISLAND COULD BE ERODED FROM MY BLOOD PRESSURE IN THE TIME IT TAKES MY WORTHLESS FUCKING CHARACTER TO SHOVE A BEER DOWN HIS THROAT. MAYBE IT'D BE FAIR IF THE SEDATIVE WORKED FOR A DURATION OF 15-30 SECONDS TO KEEP FRENZY AWAY, BUT BY THE TIME YOU'VE CHUGGED IT YOU'RE ALREADY WELL ON YOUR WAY TO NEEDING MORE

I'M SO MAD I'M USING CAPS LOCK. ALSO FUCK THOSE SHITHEADS WITH EYES EVERYWHERE, FUCK FRENZY, FUCK THOSE GOOKS AT FROMSOFT

Parry them, iframe the frenzy

This but in English

to remid you it's a souls game they used the estus animation

git gud

How are you supposed to use call beyond? It never hits more than 1 or maybe 2. Feels like Kos Parasite explosion is better

Use it for large targets, ideally when they aren't moving too much (like at the end of an attack animation). Lock on to the body, locking on the head will usually make them miss more. Ayysplosion is better if you can do it up close without getting hit, ACB is best used at range. For PvP most people can dodge it, but unlike Ayysplosion it can't be parried.

This. Parry stronk.

Parasite explosion is definitely more useful. The only way to use ACB well is to use it from far away and preferably on big bosses so that multiple projectiles hit, and even then you're mostly doing it for stagger potential rather than damage. For example when Watchdog winds up the AoE going into last phase, instead of just waiting it out you can get ACB off safely and potentially stagger him. Good positioning is pretty crucial.

It's pretty much useless in PvP though, aside from surprising people with it in an invasion or whatever.

In that case, I think I'll skip it. As much as I love getting one-shot by jumping attacks, I'd rather do anything else.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Ludwig Bullshit Really Hahahaha Nigga Just Dodge Left From The Screen Like Nigga Just Git Gud Haha

I don't know what to say beyond that my dodging isn't working the way yours is.

Are you having problems with the first or second phase?
First one you just have to play good but the second one is Four Kings tier bullshit where you have to discover the easy way to do it

Wait, are you shitting me? There's a phase two?

Uninstalled. At least I didn't spend my own money on this.

>he doesn't know about phase 2
If you thought phase 1 was bad then you're in for a world of hurt.

>he doesn't know

>He thinks phase two Ludwig is harder
Only if your damage sucks.

>but the second one is Four Kings tier bullshit

I don't have a ready-made webm for this but phase 2 is damn near as easy as phase one to just dodge everything laterally. Right works almost as well as left, and the only exceptions are his AoE and the charged super beam.

so for bigger viscerals i should gem for atk up and not vs open foes?

>Uninstalled. At least I didn't spend my own money on this.
What level were you?

Fuck outta this general you no eyes brainlet.

Bloodboner has such great / memey voice acting that I don't want to skip stuff like Micolash's dialogue or Ludwig's second phase. If I'm streaming I usually skip NPC dialogue in DS3 but rarely in BB because imo the VAs are just so good.

I mean the fact that standing close to him instead of keeping a distance like you normally would for any boss makes the fight much easier

>keeping a distance like you normally would for any boss
I can't think of one boss in Bloodborne where you actually want to keep away from it.

Almost every boss in the game is best fought by standing as close to it as possible.

both the host and the cooperators have to press start to skip them
sometimes as a host i try to skip the cutscenes but the cooperators dont

Nah, the rest of the game is good. But souls DLC has never been good thus far and I was hoping this would be the exception.

>But souls DLC has never been good

Oh, I see what's going on here.

Yeah dude I too love those 360 degree attacks and explosion attacks

Keep shitposting user. Thread deserves it.

You sure showed me

Atk up for the visceral itself, open foes if you're doing burritos in PvP.

>pussying out from the hypest fight BB
Pull yo skirt down nigga. If you're having too much trouble get a few more hunters to hold yo purse

The jumping attack where he stays on the ceiling for a bit and there's blood dripping? You can just sprint away from that and he won't land on you. Also what do you achieve by coming to the general and whining like this, do you think anyone gives a shit that you're a quitter?

>tfw don't cuck myself to sony with psn sub
>chose vilebloods anyway

the best feeling.

Same situation. What do you get from vilebloods?

Aaaaah Kos.

Lots of bloodsperm that give you forbidden wisdom when ingested and the adoration of your pim- queen

>Don't cuck yourself with PSN subscription
>Cuck yourself in-game instead
Go and stay go.

Nothing really just like the fluff and I'm playing a smug redcoat character so it fits with the Knights wig.

An excuse to hunt others for my own amusement.

the only thing you want from continuing being a vileblood is completism since you'll only get a gesture you'll never use

Y'all got any tips for Laurence? Except cheese with Bowblade because I don't have the stat.

B E A S T C U T T A H

Serrated weapon, Bolt/Arcane damage is recommended. Best time to attack is when he slams his arm down, dodge to get behind and back off right before he lifts it to avoid the AoE. 2nd phase is the easiest, strafe while locked on during the crawling combos so he'll just circle around you. Best time to attack is during the lava vomit.

Alright I'll try your tips, will tell the results if i can beat him.

Don't really see how vilebloods are cucked, there's canonically only two left and the queen wants you to inseminate her.

With someone else's semen, look up what cucking is you retard.

I could, and you'd still be wrong. But it sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment.

Even when you are literally the last vileblood on the earth she'll still choose executioner semen to impregnate her.

correction: great one semen, if that's even how it works.

No user, it's hunter semen. She offers them so Oedon-senpai will notice her.

Phase 2 is absolutely harder. Phase 1 can be handled literally the same as BSB

Can someone post the Cute bbg Group Picture chart thing?

Been away or a few weeks while platinuming DS3. Did I miss anything?

>tfw didn't get included because the guy drawing it stopped right as I was getting into the fight clubs