z4m

N54 is way faster tho, Z3M is pig slow compared to modern cars

>Slow, fun, reliable
vs
>Fast and as unreliable as a used Maserati

If you can get one with the S54 then Z3M

What's wrong with S52?

STI, Evo, Golf R32 are superior

S52 is basically the m52 with only slight Improvments.

The S50 and S54 are superior engines

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M52#S52

It's also a lot more prone to leaving you stranded

While the z3 couple //m is not the fastest of cars on earth it is supposed to be an unbelievable driving experience and depending on opinion, a gorgeous car. They made an incredibly miniscule amount so if you can find one in good condition, go for it. Especially if you have the money

i hope you realize S52/M52's are also known for having horrible shitty plastic impeller waterpumps that shit the bed

if i were op, i'd get the clownshoe

because its my fucking dream car

135i handles better and is faster though.

clownshoe only has the fantastic looks, ridiculously rigid chassis and e30 handling characteristics due to the rear suspension setup.

If i were you i would get a non M clownshoe instead, and pocket the other 15-20k for mods and making it yours.

whereas the 135i all you can really do is jb4 and suspension mods.

Get the 135i.
Aside from the inevitable wastegate rattle, it is a pretty serious powerhouse. With aftermarket intake, intercooler, downpipes+exhaust, helical LSD, and tuning, you'll be easily putting 450hp/460ftlbs torque down on pavement. We're talking 0-60 in 4 seconds. Blisteringly quick.
Best part, the 135i's aren't $30k, they're half that. It's a real sleeper.

>open diff stock
>plastic chargepipes

what was bmw thinking

why do you need a limited slip in normal driving

>135i handles better and is faster though.

get a load of this guy

>135i's aren't $30k, they're half that.

No, they're not. I haven't seen a 128 for under $20K in the Midwest, let alone a 135 in a condition worth buying.

I have no idea.
The plastic chargepipe seems to be a common 'weak link'. Guy I bought the car from blew the chargepipe- put an aluminum one on. Most I hear crumble away... shitty plastic.

>i never drove in a parking lot

Yes, they are.
I got my '09 135i at 43k miles, with Apex AR-8 rims + new Michelin PSS tires, extra turbos (Vargas Stage 2+), extra new helical LSD, extra skid-plate, cold air intake + aftermarket chargepipe + larger intercooler, tuned with Cobb Accessport, for just under $19k.

The guy before me? He drove it less than 3k miles per year. It was a weekend car...

See those plates? IL.

Step it up.

I got my 6 speed 08 with 62k on it for 16.8k. And it has the red interior. That's socal for you

why in the fuck would you pay 30k for the ugliest bmw(s) ever made

Sorry you got the wrong wheels

It's a DD, they have to work well in the rain.
Nice rims though.

I drive on the streets buddy

I want a BMW M2

way too expensive

>under $19k

and then you spend $10,000 in a few years on all the repairs and BMWs are not designed for you to work on yourself

Lol I love the lies people tell themselves just to convince themselves that theyre not missing out.

Enjoy your shitbox, friendo :^)

>30k
kek
I can get an e92 330d for less than 10k

Yeah but will it look like a clown's shoe?

I'm actually looking into one myself. The late 00's 1 series coupe is a great little car. Get it chip tuned (€700 here in the NL) for a bit extra power. It's base is 170 ish which seems low but it's torque-y like a muscle car. After chip turing and maybe mod the air filter and exhaust it is powerful enough to skid about, which 99.9% of us never do anyway

> Amerifat and design...
> WTF retards ?

>and BMWs are not designed for you to work on yourself

Not even a BMW owner but is this what some people actually believe?

Yep, it's true for most mercedes but not bmw. I was intimidated by this meme at first but once I started fixing things I realized that it's bs. Engine bay is nice and roomy, the only thing is I gotta remove some trim and microfilters to get to the rear cylinders but it takes like 10 min.

>American anal warts

>missing out
>buying used modern BMWs
>dull as fuck driving experience

>electric steering

lmao

depends on the model

M coupe will go up in value

1 series will bottom out at $2k and stay there.

135i will never reach $2k

M Coupe for sure
But for $30k you'd get an S52 M Coupe
The S54 M Coupes are a bit more than 30k.

Or, you know, you could not be an idiot and actually know how to work on mechanical things.

They aren't electric steering...