>300k

Literally why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9qYCUjrrYs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because >muh rare sports car
because >someone will pay it (*rubs menorahs together*)

It was an experimental car. They lost money on each one.

>spending 300k on a Toyota

>racing version this horrendously shit
Literally how

>N/A V10 with best exhaust note in road car ever
>pretty good performance. not the best in the segment, but not shit
>Lexus badge and reliability. No turbo/supercharger shit. No oil leaks everywhere. No $10k oil changes like with Italian and German shit
>Limited production

Should be more expensive desu.

There's a sound

>n/a v10
80k cars have that
>best exhaust note
subjective
>pretty good performance
300k should be better than "pretty good"
>lexus badge
he thinks that's a good thing

Reliability and production are only valid argument and even reliability I question due to the rarity

>loses to 20k car with a turbo
>have to mortgage your house to buy it
>hood gap is functional but looks like shit

>they think they can buy an LFA for 300k
Try again

It's for math phd's

>>have to mortgage your house to buy it
Maybe you do, but you're poor as shit

>subjective

>have to mortgage your house to buy it
My dude, people who can afford a LFA don't care about your lowly everyman concerns.

sorry but the LFA has the most boner-inducing exhaust note of any street car ever made and this is 100% not debatable

youtube.com/watch?v=d9qYCUjrrYs

It's pretty good but the S85 sounds better imo

Stop there. They are just banking on retards willing to pay that much. Besides the exhaust's godly note its meh.

Its too bad Audis are garbage
Mightve had an argument there

>fast
>rare
>amazing to drive

>he thinks that's a good thing
It is when you consider other cars of its caliber need complete engine rebuilds before 30k miles.

>the sound

Pretty sure the M5 and M6 didn't need rebuilds till after 100k

>>racing version this horrendously shit
Fake news.

The LFA racing program has had several victories including a wins at the N24 beating the likes of factory Nissan and Aston teams.

>M5 and M6
Fucking slow compared to the LFA.

They had NA V10's, that's all that matters in this comparison.

>anything BMW on par with the LFA

Oh cool another retarded fanboy
>implying overpriced = amazing
The point was that there are other V10 performance cars that can last a long time. Can't believe you cunts are too stupid to understand that.

>that's all that matters in this comparison.

And that's why everybody that knows you thinks that you're a moron.

If you can't defend your reasoning, your logic is fundamentally flawed.

>The point was that there are other V10 performance cars that can last a long time.
That was never the point. That is just you grasping at straws trying to redefine the debate thinking that it will save your argument.

>his response is literally "y-yur dum"
Lmfao, all I said was that the LFA isn't the only V10 performance car that can last a long time and you fly into an autistic rage. Take your meds dude, didn't even say anything bad about your precious lfa.

Wanna go check for more logical fallacies on wikipedia? Don't even know what you're on about, I made a simple statement to point out that there are other cars with V10's besides the LFA that don't need constant rebuilds.

>all that matters is cylinder count
the S85 doesn't rev to 9k you fucking idiot

>all I said was that the LFA isn't the only V10 performance car that can last a long time
You literally did not.

You just presented it as your argument because you think that the M5 has a V10 that is comparable to the performance of the LFA.

>m-muh revs
Yeah okay now who's grasping at straws. You fucking moron with a little bit of tuning the S85 can make just as much power as the LFA. For being so in love with this car you sure are insecure about it.

>Don't even know what you're on about
And that's why you're a moron.
Ignorance is not a basis for defending an argument, dummy.

>hey this other engine can make up to 600 hp with light mods and can last a pretty long time too
>REEE ITS NOT AS GOOD CANT COMPARE
yes your argument was airtight my friend

>says retarded shit
>haha u dun understand my retarded shit ur dum
Keep crying, stupid faggot

>with light mods
Now you're just trying to muddy the water by introducing more irrelevant factors in a piss poor effort to deflect from the fact that you can no longer support your argument.

This is why you can't make any friends.

>projection: the post

>can't defend his argument any more
>resorts to name-calling

I think we're done here. gg ez

>can't defend his argument any more
>resorts to name-calling
Yeah you've been doing it the entire thread, it's time to throw in the towel dude, you've been proven wrong. Throwing a tantrum just makes you look foolish.

>muh powor
Large displacement + high redline is crazy enough, but building a high hp/L engine that can spend all day at 9k and only need to be rebuilt once every 100k is why engines like the 1LR-GUE and F20C are legendary, but you clearly don't know shit about engines or cars and are just a badge whore.

>Large displacement + high redline is crazy enough, but building a high hp/L engine that can spend all day at 9k and only need to be rebuilt once every 100k is why engines like the 1LR-GUE and F20C are legendary
Yeah I agree, they are pretty awesome engines, some of the best that the japs have made so far
>but you clearly don't know shit about engines or cars and are just a badge whore.
Yeah okay, and you're clearly a bitter upset bitch. You can't handle the fact that another V10 can make the same power at 8250 rpm while still being able to last a long time so you cry and hurl insults as if that makes you more knowledgeable or credible. Get the fuck over it dude.

V10 performance cars are composed of more than just a the powerplant, and I don't remember hearing about the LFA having as shit a transmission as the E60 or the E63.

Yeah the SMG fucking sucks but the manual gearbox is totally fine. Shame they didn't sell as many as the SMG.

>muh rare
>muh sound - there are many supercars out there can produce a better sound than a mere LFA
>muh weeaboo car
etc...

LFA is a fuckin dud for Toyota.

You must be sensitive as fuck if you're hurt so deep by me calling you a badgewhore. You've no clue what makes the 1LR-GUE and the LFA's packaging truly special. If you did, you wouldn't be comparing it to fairly boring V10s in German muscle cars.
One of the flaws of the LFA is that they opted for a SMT like the BMWs, a unique Aisin unit that hasn't been used anywhere else. It's a shame that Toyota didn't use their old relationship with Porsche to get the 7-speed PDK for the LFA.

>You must be sensitive as fuck if you're hurt so deep by me calling you a badgewhore
Yeah dude I've been sitting here bawling my eyes out. Seriously though the fact that you get so triggered over me simply mentioning another car makes you come off as a complete asshole.
>You've no clue what makes the 1LR-GUE and the LFA's packaging truly special.
Its compactness? The carefully chosen materials used in various parts of the engine? Its ability to rev faster than any other engine at the time of its creation? It is a pretty fucking cool engine and I never even tried to shit on it. Keep in mind though the LFA costed 4x more than the M5 or M6 so it's kind of unfair to dismiss the S85 like that.

>a waste of time, money and effort
Wow it's like in one of my european supercars

then just you.

Where is the replacement of LFA? nothing cuz it is a fuckin dud. I mean it took 10 years for Toyota to make a supercar.

>rubs menorahs together

You've done far more mudslinging and namecalling in this thread than I have in my two (2) responses to you, and you're saying that I'm triggered? Turn off the projector brah.
>Its ability to rev faster than any other engine at the time of its creation?
Nah. The Ferrari 458 also went to 9K, and the Atom 500 was fucking insane at over 10K. The LR is bonkers at how it gets to redline in 0.6s, and the small size is neat too, but the really cool part is that when Toyota went to Yamaha for assistance in developing the engine, they went to Yamaha's music division, who wound up sculpting the engines ducting into the firewall and then tuned the engine notes much like they would a nice guitar, all in service of the car's sound. It's almost like they didn't really care about anything else, with the performance being a byproduct of the noise instead of the opposite.

ITT: One assmad poorfag who secretly wants the LFA tries to convince himself, and a bunch of other people, that he shouldn't because it's "not worth it"

Just go back to riding the bus you mong

>You've done far more mudslinging and namecalling in this thread than I have in my two (2) responses to you, and you're saying that I'm triggered? Turn off the projector brah.
I was trying to be civil until everyone decided to be a fucking cunt simply because I dared to say another similarly powerful V10 was also reliable. Yall were taking shots at me so I shot back, the way you guys overreacted was like I insulted your religion.
>Nah. The Ferrari 458 also went to 9K, and the Atom 500 was fucking insane at over 10K.
That's not what I meant, should have worded it differently
>The LR is bonkers at how it gets to redline in 0.6s
This is what I meant when I said faster. Kind of baffling how it doesn't fucking throw a rod at that speed.
>the really cool part is that when Toyota went to Yamaha for assistance in developing the engine, they went to Yamaha's music division, who wound up sculpting the engines ducting into the firewall and then tuned the engine notes much like they would a nice guitar, all in service of the car's sound.
I actually didn't know that, pretty damn cool. I'm all about sound, that's why I love my I6 so much. I never imagined a car company would go to such lengths as sculpting the firewall just to improve the sound, big credit to Toyota for that.

>Kind of baffling how it doesn't fucking throw a rod at that speed.
you know nothing about engines (or anything for that matter) please stoppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Oh fuck off you autistic shithead

>yfw they put that v10 in the lcf for just $200k

>if he doesnt like something that means he secretly wants it
Has anyone ever called you a fucking idiot? Theyre right