Be honest - when was the last time you stalled?

Be honest - when was the last time you stalled?

Last week when my foot slipped off the pedal at a red light.

Just got a manual, but yesterday

What is your goal? Why does your autism push you to keep making these threads?

Not in like 10 years.
Which is about the last time I drove a manual... And also the first time I drove one.

Ask me again in about 5-7 years.

A week ago in a McDonnos drive thru

It had been over a month but within the last week or so I managed to stall 3 times now because I keep accidentally going into 3rd instead of 1st when I'm trying to leave a light quickly and I end up stalling. The fucked thing is that you can actually start in 3rd, it will start to roll and if you rape the clutch enough it would catch. So it doesn't bog at first and you don't realize you're in 3rd until it's too late and then it stalls.

I might stall every now and then but by accident. I know I stalled at the drive thru because I wasn't paying attention and forgot the car was in 1st. Then I stalled not paying attention when I was creeping up a slight rise on a drive way.

How do you accidentally go into third instead of first? And why are you trying to race at redlights faggot.

yesterday while reversing out of a steep driveway.

You need to learn to ride that clutch my boy

Nigga what? Are you one of those mongoloids who holds the clutch in at stops?

Humans want to relate to each other. OP stalled and wants validation that it's normal. It's actually quite an unautistic thing to do.

Today, because I bought my first manual car and I accidentally put it into 3rd instead of 1st at a stop.

Getting better though

>Be honest - when was the last time you stalled?
Last time I rode my carbed 2-smoke motorcycle, need to fix the carb.

I drive a diesel, I've never had that experience

It's hard to find neutral in my shitbox

Have you not noticed it's the same autist making these and "could you drive this" AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN?

a month ago while going to reverse because my car an sometimes run down to 300RPM and is tuned for high RPM and running 113 octane all the time can sometimes make it run rich and nothing I feel ashamed of anyway.

I stalled my automatic car the other day, thinking the torque converter is fucked.

are you one of those mongoloids who think pressing the clutch pedal is bad?

Holding the car in gear at a stop is literally wearing your throwout bearing for no reason.

driving your car is literally wearing your wheel bearings for no reason

Engine braking is wear on your motor for no reason. You have brakes, duhh

braking is wear on your brakes for no reason. Just use a parachute.

Parachuting is wear on your parachute for literally no reason. Just don't stop

Those are incredibly bad analogies. Engine *braking doesn't wear the engine for shit and you're literally making more work for yourself leaving it in gear as well as wearing your throwout bearing a bunch more.

One month ago because work vans clutch grab point is different to my car

I told you why I leave it in gear and you never replied

Didn't realize you posted twice, thought I was talking it to a different guy. Fix your shit, neutral is supposed to be where the shitter wants to be.

cause I don't drive a truck and my gears are extremely close together, faggot. Also, where did I say I was racing at redlights? I'm talking about being caught out of gear and the light turns green so you have to get going quickly.

I bought it for 500$, I'm going to drive it until something expensive breaks

>couple days ago
>4 inches of snow overnight
>forgot to take parking break off
>stall it trying to break out of the parking spot

Next up: not driving with the brake held down halfway the entire time is bad because hey how can you be *sure* they'll work this time

Funny this thread is here because i was very surprised when i forgot my car was in gear as I pulled into my driveway this morning...

I was tired.

That's an even stupider analogy if you're trying to make my posts about throwout bearings look bad.

>actually owning a vehicle that has so little torque it will stall if you don't give it enough gas as you let off the clutch
ahahahahahahahahahahah

few days ago, usually take off in 2nd gear and forgot i was in 4th. at least its got so little power it just dies and doesnt do the whole embarrassing bucking sequence most cars do

Several years ago
I own an automatic

sure thing clutch-burner

Yesterday, driving my mother's Yaris with a fucked up ECU that can't hold RPM.

what's that dude even talking about.

My car has 400 ft/lbs of torque and if you let off the clutch and don't give it some gas it'll stall out because it'll try to go forward or backward depending on what gear it's in but will just jerk and then stall out instead. it's just physics. not sure how that has anything to do with torque. pretty sure 400 ft/lbs is more than alot of cars on the road so amount of torque is not the answer.

yeah he seems backwards... in my experience more power requires a heavier clutch for safety, and a heavier clutch means easier to stall.

Are diesel engine that bad compared to petrol ones?

I turned on the ac for first time in months the other day and almost stalled.

>petrol
the stuff people from new zealand huff?

>car has no low end torque
>93 Nm @ 4800 rpm or 68 ft/lbs
>hills everywhere
>1st gear is pretty long for small engine (50 km/h)

Shit happens...

Yesterday, driving my grandmother around in my grandfathers Nissan X-Trail, while going over the small bump into his garage

The anemic 2.0 petrol has no torque, I drive it extremely rarely, and I'm too used to the torquey & low-geared Hilux

>come to a stop light
>usually just love tap the stick from third to neutral
>most of the times a gentle tap is all it needs to go out of gear and straight to neutral
>sometimes I'm a little too hercules and tap it a bit too strong
>goes into 4th instead of neutral
>mfw I let go of the clutch (right foot still on the brake doe) and the car violently tries to destroy the car in front of me if I'm not first at the light
>mfw the car immediately stalls right after this minor armageddon of a reaction
>mfw people look at me like I'm retarded while I fiddle with the key to turn the engine back on
I don't care desu, I feel like a pleb for half a second while I turn the engine back on, but afterwards I just get a bit giddy and laugh at myself for how retarded I am
also gently nudge the stick left often times to make sure JUST IN CASE

>Driving a manual

>driving a car

>He thinks I'm the one driving the car

Gearing has more effect than torque.

My GT500 makes 720ft-lbs of torque peak. Out of idle, under no load, who knows... But the final gear ratio even in 1st is still far less than most vehicles. Very, very easy to stall when trying to be well-mannered on the street.

Comparatively, my friend has a 4.6 3v GT with 4.10s. I can literally let the clutch pedal pop up and not stall that thing.

>he thinks I'm the one driving the bus*
no need to thank me

>doesn't have godly bushings
gitgud son

Yesterday morning when I was tired and forgot to put it in neutral while waiting at a stoplight and dropped the clutch -___-

3 weeks ago during a long drive in a hilly area. Legs were getting tired from all the engine breaking. At a red light i didn't drop the clutch fast enough despite nearly flooring.

Such is the life.

>He thinks the buses run through my neighborhood

>not living in a local decently populated city
gtfo burb fag

>Living with non-whites

A few months ago, I was pulling up to a stop light and forgot that it was still in gear (usually I just throw it in neutral as I approach my stop, sometimes don’t even kick the clutch)

Awhile now. Car doesn't start once it's warmed up so I do my absolute best to not stall.
>Driving car, shut off
>Refuses to start
>Whatever, take other car
>Come back, fires right up
>Err, what
>Drive around, go to the store
>Shut it off, go inside
>Come out, just cranks endlessly
>Start looking at my data logs, everything is fine
>Unplugged the temp sensor, still refuses to start
>Whatever, call my mate
>By the time he gets there the block is cool to the touch
>First try fires up

Haven't messed with it much yet, but it absolutely refuses to fire when warm.
>Lock car with spare key
>Leave it idling whenever I'm in the mood for my fun car

Not sure how much I like the Subaru at this moment.

While training 180s on a local backroad. I blame the moon.

Last time I stalled from incompetence is hard to say.
My Jeep stalls by itself sometimes. Last time I can think was at the drive through the other day, I stalled taking off from the window. But I don't know if that was my fault or the cars. The problem is I have an AMC 4.2 with the factory carb, and the idle up vacuum solonoid is literally NLA, so if the car isn't completely warmed up, it might now want to idle correctly, especially with loads like power steering and headlights being applied.

>know I stalled at the drive thru because I wasn't paying attention and forgot the car was in 1st.
That is dangerous, son. Manual is not for you.

Ive only just bought a manual car and driven it for maybe 2 hours so im still very prone to stalling. I havent gotten any practice with starting on a hill and ended up having a trial by fire where there was a brand new merc right on my ass at a sloped roundabout and I stalled out before dropping the clutch at 4k rpm looking like a complete jackass
I think im gonna do some more quiet road practice before I go out again

Only when I think I'm in neutral but I'm in 2nd and I let go of the clutch at a stop.

Apart from a few months ago wearing my gumboots in my miata, my first day driving manual in it.

Feels like the miat is seriously forgiving with low RPM, I've seen the needle hit the stop a few times and still not stall in lazy stop/start.

Yesterday, put it into third instead of first.

last week as I was experimenting with the bite point.

It is some time ago but I stalled like 5 times trying to pull into a fucking busy street im Germany, not realising it was in SECOND FUCKING GEAR

on my driving test

>start it off in first when i'm actually supposed to back out
>realize my mistake but try to react too quickly and stall by letting out the clutch too fast
>literally never stalled it for at least a year
>still pass it somehow

Yesterday evening, I was taking a cruise and I had stopped at a stop sign.

I was taking back off when I depressed the pedal a bit too hard too quickly and it died.
It’s a fuckin’ automatic.

you got your engine zoomin and your torque converter wasn't with the shits it seems

Formerly not a car person.

In English?
Maybe with a video?

Haven't really ever messed with automatics since I've only driven manual but it sounds like that when you took off the engine was producing too much torque for your transmission to handle and your torque converter is suppose to handle it and transfer power from the engine throughout your drivetrain. I would say it's like a clutch slipping. That would be my best guess

Interesting.

But why would it stall and die from not actually turning anything?
I mean, it’s not just revving and not turning shit, I’m talking I push the pedal and the engine turns off.
Then again, I need to change my fuel filter, and of course it could always be the fuel pump being fucky, and any number of other things.