/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

godforsaken astrobastard edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general
>Crossout, found in the robocraft general, /rcg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yB2axlbHso8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I calculated I'll safe about 50 if I craft my own guns
first for advandced jewing

>adding crossout to the not /egg/ list
go home kerbnigger

>REM still not in not /egg/ list
>Robocraft still in the normal list even though it says crossout belongs in ded/rcg/
You are a retard.

Crossout is not /egg/
It's barely even /svgg/ because there's no fucking space. There's not even legitimate flight.

>REM
>a game
where?

Here we go again.

>there's no fucking space. There's not even legitimate flight.
But you can reach space. You just have to want it really hard!

I thought crossout belonged to /wtg/?

>not enjoying the bants
Go delete your thread, fool

You can't build shit in /wtg/. Crossout provides a way to vent AUTISM through building things.

Crossout is /egg/ FOTM, not /egg/ proper. By all means feel free to post it. FOR NOW.

It is /egg/ due to being post-apoc robocuck and thus grandfathered from the robocraft general.
Try again

But's less /egg/ than robocuck but definitely more cuck

I don't mind cuckout myself it's that one dumb frogposter who blogposts about hard raids being hard that gets on my tits. You know who you are. Fuck off.

Bringing this topic over from the last thread, Starship Theory early adopters: What would you change about the game to improve it?

>2D
I'll pass...

>less /egg/ than robocuck
>while having a significantly greater number of structural parts available
Say what you will but it's objectively a far better game.
I would not, however, be completely opposed to creating a new "building arena" general, or /bag/. This could cover anything from Robocuck to Crossout to those two others on steam nobody cares about to REM and Machinecuck and it allows us to take Kaban as a mascot.

D
>I'll pass...
That's a very shitty taste to have my dude

>Kaban
whats that

In English, it's just 'bag'.

Not sure but looking at earlier threads makes me thing it's something from that anime with the lewd animal lolis

SUGOI

segman

On paper, /bag/ is a great idea.
However, there is simply not enough interest to sustain 2 different threads, as I assume most people would stay in /egg/.
We are just about keeping this place alive, and I can't imagine if it was split in any way, as I doubt people would have much desire to funpost both here and there equally.
Besides, the interest in Crossout is waning, so it might not be necessary in the long run.

Should I?

gambling is a tax on the stupid

Yes, good goy.

hmmmm

looks like you lost a signal

of courshe

SEND HELP

Well, did you?

You're on your own we're too busy shitposting

>cooling system of warm vaseline

You'll have to show us what you're doing.

Why blaming your lack of consistency on /kspg/ ?

Hey guys, I'm a fan of Kerbal Space Program.

That's nice, but it doesn't go here

Dude, you still finished it. Close enough for space corporation work.

>putting crossout in the not /egg/ field
>not kerbnigger sabotage
Ishiggydiggy

DON'T
RESPOND

If you were on the redditcord, you would know who made the OP

Crossout is still in the 'Is /egg/' column, it's a joke

Oy vey, it's like another shoa!

>mfw just tried to watch somebody play it
Every day i'm more and more convinced i could pull a enormous demographics with my only qualification being "having a functioning brain"

youtube.com/watch?v=yB2axlbHso8

>removing fuel tanks from my builds since copper is worthless
feels good to be 400 ps lower

I miss /svgg/

I miss /seg/

so post ess vee gee gee or seg stuff anons
be the change you want to see in the world
open your ass and your heart and mind will follow

I miss /rcg/
jk :^)

My first guess would be the reactor making silicon fragments from silicon. You go all the way round the reactor each time you bring in a new atom. Looking at the overall view while it's running might help you spot any other bottlenecks.

This was my solution to that part. I also did the splitting into different outputs differently, so this reactor just has to handle one output.

>open your ass ... and mind will follow
I don't want change that much

i miss /kspg/

and im sure /egg/ does too

OUT

As a containment general
Also that will show them

am i cancer yet?

ok yea this is fair

also hello /egg/, I've been gone for like 6 months so heres a spangos VTOL cargo freighter

not sure about it anymore, reckon I should keep working on it?

>should I keep making content
yes

when I say that I dont mean to imply I'm anyone of importance just that I used to frequent and then didn't for a while

well I'll be making something and post occasionally regardless, but I'm not sure about this specific ship

no, to be cancer you would need to strap a hurricane to your car, design it so that it can be launched into the air then lock onto the enemies across the map.

lmao
cant believe this shit works at 6.5K PS

Extend the middle ones or place the rear ones more inside, like placing the advanced rotor directly into that oxygen generator, because when you rotate those thrusters, they will destroy each other unless you turn off thruster damage.

They'll be rotating in sync though, and not rotating too far (they'd collide anyway if laid flat). The beefy rear hydrogen engines are enough to speed up laterally.

my creation is complete

You always were

Then why not just have thrusters pointed down at all times?

Fuck off pardo

I was about to say "because thats less fun" but then I tried turning a rotor and now it perma-lists no matter what I do.

saved

Well shit, I'm at 5 reactors already, can't really split it any other way
...I should try making silicon "sticks" at the source and assembling the three into fragments, if only not to have to copy, but thanks

>spoongoggles
>fun
Made your bed user, time to fap in it.

it is fun though desu fampai, I wouldn't have 450 hours playing if it wasn't

>mfw I used to be able to deal with gmod, spengies, RA2 and the mexican shitposting game, but I'm no longer willing to deal with hilariously broken and poorly made systems

You probably don't want to do anything more on your first reactor than you're doing already. If you speed up silicon into silicon fragments, your first reactor's going to be the next bottleneck. You want it going as fast as you can.

I did a bit of a hack on mine to pull off the 3 outputs with the 3 remaining reactors. The first sends a third of the fragments to the relevant output, and the remaining to the second reactor. The second. The second sends one of the doped versions to the output, while alternately sending the spare silicon and a fragment to the third. The third then sends the waste it receives to the recycler before making the other doped version.

I created an image to try and help visualise it, as I realised part way through it's probably a bit hard to follow all that.

Goys, is Space engineers playable in survival yet? Cargo ships are back, pirates too? WHat about room compression, etc? I dont want to try and start and get disappointed halfways.

Those things mostly work, usually only rotors and pistons and wheels are fucked. Rotors and pistons also work most of the time, but the few times they decide not to, they'll wreck everything around them. All of this is the same in MP except worse.

>Space engineers playable in survival

Yeah, I never bothered even trying shit with pistons/rotors playing with a comrade of mine. You sure about pirates and shit though?

Here is my shit.

>3 victories 0 defeats

I think this is a nice PS spot, how many victories do you get in average?

I think the little boy cannons are most valuable for levis, they seem to skullfuck anything due to their ability to traverse, so you can't drift into its shadow and run it down.

>you sure
launch the game and try it

I dont want to be disappointed and go cry in my corner :(

it's gonna end in tears either way

delete this

I miss /ssg/ :^)

It was the worst of times

in FtD, I can make a single mainframe with all the detection stuff, and the other mainframes with the guns and lasers that can still read the targeting data right?

>tfw urge to colonize rising

In theory, yes.

We need to organize on a pub server the moment the game actually fucking regains stability. We'll launch two or three recon satellites, decide on an exclusion zone. use GPS missiles to enforce it, and then build missile frigates.
After that I don't really know.

I'm playing the demo and this is the first level where you have to chain reactors. What determines the location and orientation of the previously-built molecule? It spawns in on the edge where I've drawn the letters in mspaint.

Okay, I'm guessing it spawns in at the exact location where it was despawned in the previous reactor. That should be easy to work with. How'd I do?

Bretty gud I'd say, but seeing how all my solutions are starting to take more and more cycles I don't think I'm an expert on the matter

More like
>3-4 eggmen log on
>bully some guy
>build a lemonhulk for a giggle
>mine out entire asteroid fields and hoard U
>2/3 of the eggmen are ded IRL
>the rest engage in everyone favourite pass time: incompetency
>/egg/ either gets wiped after shitposying global too hard or doesn't
>either way the outcome's identical, everyone stops playing spengies and gets back to gas the marek memes

Prove me wrong fgts

it's still a fun lifecycle

Well there was that time WSA became the de-facto local government of a public server
People were lining up at the moonbase to register their ships and everything

tell me more user
>tfw you will never be space police