MOST RELIABLE Cheap USED CARS?

Although I make decent money I don't want to buy any new cars I want a used old car that will last so I can stack my money.

On my towns craigslist I found so far are:

2008 Crown Vic Interceptor (police car) with 160K miles in great condition for 2k I am test driving this car tomorrow

2003 Trailblazer with 150k miles for 2.5k, great condition all around.

Which one is better? and is there any cars like the ones above that will last me?

I'd rather not spend more than 4000 but if its worth it I will.

Crown Vic. Lots of parts found at junkyards. The power train is shared with the 1996-2004 mustang GT for even more parts availability. As well as some ford trucks and SUVs of that era.

Trailblazer hands down.

Far more utilitarian and has a very stout I6 Motor that makes good HP and torque.

Don’t be “that guy” driving an ex police car.

Seriously, on a real talk level, get the trailblazer provided it isn’t a piece of shit.

>2003 Trailblazer
>i6

I would get the crownbarge despite being idled to death. The 4l60e in the blazer isnt too hot in reliability. They always tend to go between 180-200k miles. This goes with any 4l60e equipped Gm vehicle. Ford seem to get pas 200k with no problems tranny wise. My family has owned chebbies and fords for their entire life and there is always that pattern.

If you dont mind a rebuild the blazer looks better and has more potential being utilitary.

Are you retarded or just trolling?

Standard engine was a 4.2 i6 .......

Very few came with the optional 5.3 V8

>Base engines

Hard to believe you post here and didn’t know they came with i6 engines.

It’s not a base engine in most models, the EXT had a V8 option but otherwise it was standard for most trims and years.

I would get a 2000's mustang desu v8, manual, 88 rear end, cheap to fix and reliable if tyrone wasnt the previous owner driving it.

i worked on probably 2 dozen early 00s trailblazer when i was a tech and every single one had the 4.2 I6, never saw anything different in a base model. only SS

>The power train is shared with the 1996-2004 mustang GT for even more parts availability. As well as some ford trucks and SUVs of that era.
Not to mention other Crown Vics, as well as Grand Marquis and Town Cars, for nearly two decades (1992 to 2011) with few changes.

lol he called you out and youre trying to cover your ass that you didnt know 70% of early 00s Trailblazer had the 4.2 I6

Ya I think I am going with the Crown Vic if everything seems good at the test drive. it seems easier/cheaper to fix on my own if ever breaks down and should help me save money. thanks i love you faggots

We love you too, and if you put stupid lights and decals on it we'll call you a whacker and slap you with a wet noodle.

don't buy used cop cars. they are total shit and were idled constantly even if the mileage is low.

there's a reason why police departments that have money swap them out every 3-5 years.

Good call, just inspect tranny oil make sure it isnt burnt. Besides that if you end up getting do the fluids. You would be surprised how many ppl never have done their rear end oil change.

Your parents.
your dad will probably even help you fix it if it breaks down.

They swap them out because our goverment is shit with money and they spend it on useless shit when they dont have to

yup i always check the tranny fluid, Ive seen some so black that would put niggers in africa to shame

this

cops get money from local government which comes from property taxes.

and they swap them out because they buy GM/ford garbage which starts falling apart after 3-5 years.