>habit of not pulling the e-brake when parking

if your car one day rolls into the ditch, you totally deserve it.
just sayin

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/18/winds-near-100-mph-roar-through-colorado-causing-damage-sparking-fires/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Way ahead of you, one look at pic related was enough to convince me

That tiny dick actually snapping was what caused that one actor to get flattened by his own SUV in his steep driveway.

Dude just leave it in gear, if gravity somehow overcomes the friction of the motor in 1st gear that ditch deserves to have goddamn car.

no, that was fiats retarded shifter making him think the car was in park, when it was is neutral

My dad still thinks he drives 1970's beetles and leaves the car in gear AND pulls up the parking brake as far as physically possible despite the fact we live in a super flat area
There's been multiple times where my dad has driven my mum's car, then my mum goes to drive it and she has to get myself or my dad to come and release the handbrake
Many lie ins ruined because my dad's an ape

>yfw the ditch turns the engine, starts the car and the car drives away

Where the fk do you people learn to drive?

...ler me rephrase that..

Who the fk teaches you people how to drive?

Because your appalling!

Its because you drive automatics you know.

>never use handbrake
>go to annual car inspection
>handbrake is rusted in place
>don't pass inspection
Story of many people.

I do use the handbrake, not for parking though but for sick skids.

I usually just leave it in first

i used to all the time on automatics, hell i would replace transmissions with a stripped pawl. my truck would wear E-brake shoes constantly from using the E-brake and my car if it sat for more than a day the rear pads would lock up if i used the E-brake parking especially in winter so now fuck it i never use my E-brake. stick shift i just park in 2nd or reverse

best thing to do if you dont want to use the E-brake on an automatic is put it in park on a hill and slowly let your foot off the brake so the pawl can seat without being slammed in place

>if you dont do a thing and different thing happens because you didnt do thing then thing is your fault

Why is using the damn e-brake such an ordeal for people, even on this board?!
I don't even think about it and just do it automatically, what is the FUCKING problem?

I never pull the handbrake (unless I'm doing hektik skidz in my FWD shitbox). I just leave it in gear (first gear to be precise).
car's not going anywhere if the engine ain't spinning.
I know it's a hard concept to grasp for you autotragic cucks, but in all seriousness, if you drive an auto you might as well just take the bus, you're not doing much driving anyway.

What the fuck

>amerifats
>park in neutral and no e-brake

this

>ebrake shoes
Holy shit lmao

?
Whats strange with that?

Not everything actuates the rear caliper for its parking brake. My shitbox with rear discs has a separate drum inside that's solely for the parking brake.

Dude just leave it gear

My teacher did this and his car rolled away on a windy day in Colorado. Always use your ebrakes, folks.

you are either a lying faggot or your teacher is a lying retard. if you leave it in gear it cannot move away because the engine is PHYSICALLY PREVENTING THE WHEELS FROM MOVING YOU DUMB FUCK. go ahead, try it right now, go to your car (I'm gonna assume you're not an americlap or if you are you at least own a car with a manual transmission), with the engine off, put it in first gear, get out of the car and try your best to push it forward or backword. get some friends to help you. see if you can move it.
then come back here and tell me how a fucking summer breeze managed to move a car without literally destroying the engine in the process.

The wind gets up to 70mph here. It was a BMW btw, that popped out of gear.

>a literal hurricane hits
>so violent it pops the car out of gear
nigger at that point the ebrake isn't gonna be of much help either

The wind ain't no joke up here on the front range.
denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/18/winds-near-100-mph-roar-through-colorado-causing-damage-sparking-fires/