Trailer hitches on "nice cars"

Im rly into cycling. I want to make transportation easier. Im thinking about getting a hitch rack on my car (accord coupe) My waifu and friends are saying to not do that to a nice car. I know it is Not a nice car, and they are pretty hidden and out of sight. Its not like its a 911 or M3 or something.

What do?? Roof rack makes life hard, and I park in a garage, so thats a disaster waiting to happen. Trunk racks are retarded and will bent the Honda sheet metal and weatherstrilping, and theyre a pain in the ass too. Hitch racks make life easier, and its just a square that tou see underneath.

Other urls found in this thread:

seasucker.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ESxrTt7X8RU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do it. I am also a cyclist and I hate the roof rack on my hatchback. On my ‘nice car’ (‘99 Prowler) I have a hitch. Fuck opinions, do it. Get a plain black plug for when you aren’t using the bike rack and you’ll hardly notice it’s there.

Get the hitch. It's an accord, not a ferrari. it's really not that out of place.

Bullshit.

Bread on prowler hood pls with timestamp.
I want to believe.

Op, just do it. They're like 6 bolts or 8 bolts if you want to take it off. Having a trailer hitch is a great way to prevent people hitting you while parking, and obscures your plate nicely while speeding by the po 9, while giving off that family vibe saying don't pull me over

its a honda accord, nobody cares

Literally my gf, sister in law and coworker were like, "Nah dont do that to your car it makes it ugly" or "i wouldnt put a hitch if I had a nice car" The hitch and bike rack is already ordered by the way. Im putting it on.

they don't know anything

Just get a hitch.

Everyone and their mother has one on their car here; anything from a VW Polo to a Volvo lorry

Yeah well they don't have nice cars.

Get the hitch. Not only do you get to use your bike rack, but the Accord is rated for 1,000 pounds of towing anyways. You never know when the ability to tow a small trailer might come in handy.

I have an 07 accord with a hitch for a bike rack, you cant even see it unless you look for it.

Thanks for reminding me to remove the hitch that was installed prior to me owning my new car.

A Polo can barely move its own weight, driving one with a trailer and passengers must be miserable.

seasucker.com/

>they are pretty hidden and out of sight
While that squarish black hitch pipe is quite visible, it can be made less obvious by a hitch cap that covers the end hole. If you paint that cap the same color as your bumper, it will hide the most obvious visual feature of that hitch.

Remember to get a weather resistant lock for it. People will try to quickly remove it even in a shopping mall lot.

>Roof rack makes life hard
They also get stolen. The ones with the tiny built-in cylindrical locks suck for security.

>Trunk racks are retarded
Besides the complaints of slightly bending steel trunk lids (and you can't bend them back due to that welded support on the reverse side), if you like the paint job on your car, then you don't want to mar it. They also cannot be used if you have aluminum lids. Absolutely not if you have aluminum.

Oh it is. You can fucking forget about towing the full 800kg/1750lbs while having more than a single passenger... and even with no passengers it had better be a really flat fucking terrain

Still, its alright for transporting a few bikes or a small small trailer with a lawnmower or a couch

>Just get a hitch.
Any recommendations on hitches? Here in the USA, various places like Hertz and rental truck places sell hitches for mounting underneath sedans. Are hitches all basically the same, so buying some "ultra premium" brand doesn't matter?

>go on Veeky Forums
>brag about women telling you your car is nice
>it's a Honda Accord

Wanna know how I know you're lying?

For your use? Doesnt matter. If actually towing; make sure its within the weight rating

Give it a coating of Hammerite if you wabt it to stay pretty. They tend to be somewhat poorly painted, and rust quickly due to their exposed position

>implying women know anything about cars
>implying a car has to be a certain brand to be nice
fuckboy/10

>mfw I own a Taurus with its fuckhuge trunk
>mfw I can just drop the back seats and stick my bike in the trunk with zero problem

This wasn't even on my radar when I bought the car, but I'm certainly not complaining that it worked out like this.

literally what women think

>that car has a Mercedes thingy
>MUST BE NICE!!!11!

>that car has a Ford thingy
>ew poor boy no pussy for you!

That's for random slags on the street. When you actually know the women in question/are in a relationship with them, any car with good paint that doesn't run like shit is "nice" if you or they own it. Doesn't matter if it's actually a barebones shitbox.

>Im rly into cycling. I want to make transportation easier.
There is no need to make things complicated. Your car already has a feature to carry a bicycle by lowering the rear seatback. The vast majority of people carry a bicycle this way. It's when you have two bicycles that a hitch is used.

Get a rubber trunk mat.
Lower your split rear seat when transporting a bicycle. My sedan has split rear seats for that purpose and theft of the bike is harder when it is inside the car.

My neighbors carry two bicycles by lowering their rear sedan seatbacks. They use two moving blankets between the two bicycles and they never scratch each other or the car when done this way. Their method prevents shifting and they also tie rope to the bicycles to fasten to metal tie-down hooks in the trunk. This prevents the bicycles from sliding forward and puncturing the driver and passenger in an accident or sudden stop. You should always keep that in mind when carrying any object with the protective seatback lowered.

t. virgin

Just because you can doesn't.mean you should. Remember this is a cyclist we're talking about.

All 3 of them are stupid for thinking your car is worth giving a fuck about.

t. r/incel

She’s in storage. I’ve done bread on hood before here like a week ago lol

>They're like 6 bolts or 8 bolts if you want to take it off.
So those types of hitches are easy to steal?

Waifu wants this one.

Go for it.
Personally, I'm all about function>form and went all out when we moved up "north of the wall" and installed both a tow hitch, roof box and auxiliary high beams.
I grew to like the "expedition"-look too

Don't listen to people that don't know shit about cars when it comes to doing shit to cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=ESxrTt7X8RU