/hg/ - Halo General

Awakening the Nightmare edition

>Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a brand-new full expansion available this fall for $19.99 USD exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC featuring
-a new campaign
-two new multiplayer leaders
-two new multiplayer maps
-Terminus Firefight – a unique new cooperative mode where players build both bases and armies to defend and survive against an onslaught of enemy forces

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tank-drops-travel-plans

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
The Custom Game browser is also up for Halo 5
Join the Halo General club on Xbox One
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The latest /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3e1A_Kk0vKHcZsiGbXu9MzczWji8j6LhUGFgupVYb7l2OzA/viewform?c=0&w=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/hg/ exists only to sate my boipucci needs

First for Wall did nothing wrong

>not back compat edition

Fuck you OP

We'll do that next, too much news. Back compat, new halo wars 2 campaign, halo 5 4k update

Halo wars 2 expansion has been known about for a month now

The last thread should have been back compat edition instead of tourney crap

Since /hg/ seems to be having a bit of a ressurgence recently we should try and organize some halo 5 customs for later tonight

It's a little early to say it's a game night.

The tourny was fun, but i agree it's better when the thread OP is realitive to news.

I kind of liked the more recent OP structure more where there was a news section and the only thing at the top was the newest content release. Awakening the Nightmare doesn't come out for months.

*teleports behind you*
*Thrusts energy sword through your chest*
"Heh, nuthin personnel, kid"
"maybe next time you'll suggest a better title than 5"
*vanishes as you bleed out*

We've played MCC a lot I thought it would be nice to play some 5 customs for a change plus it breaks a LOT less

It's almost like someone went out of their way to replace the new format with the old one that hasn't been used in weeks.
They got rid of the installation 01 trailer, the news about the complete oral history of the franchise, and yet they brought back the "new" /hg/tage even though it's several months old and hasn't been in the thread OP for a long time.

Installation 01 trailer really didn't deserve mention in the OP either though.

He also brought back this part which is completely redundant:

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
>halolfg.com
>halocustoms.com
>halolobbies.com
The Custom Game browser is also up for Halo 5
Join the Halo General club on Xbox One
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

1. The general link is already posted above this section, so it doesn't need to be mentioned again.
2. The custom game browser has been up for a very long time. Anyone that owns the game, which is going on 2 years now, doesn't need to know how to get it.
3. The links for those halo sites should be if anywhere, in the pastebin. They don't need to ve extra fluff in the OP

>I didn't get to make the thread waaaaahhh
Who the fuck cares it gets the job done. I didn't even notice a significant difference, this is just hg being hg where a select few seem to think they run the general.

Fuck. Just add the news section to the bottom of it then. As I said before who the fuck cares?

I can agree with that, it's old news. That was I thought the point of the news section. It had the three newest major stories related to halo with a link for each.

So right now it would be something like
1 - the announcement of BC for Halo CEA, 3, ODST, and 4
2 - New Halo Wars 2 announcements just made public
3 - awakening the nightmare info

I don't see the point of having awakening the nightmare getting this headline over the whole thresd until it actually releases this fall, though I do think the way he organized the info is nicely done.

It's not that big of a deal.
The last thing anybody wants is OP wars like when the number shit started happening.
People are just expressing their input on it. That's all.

>someone goes out of their way to copy paste an old thread OP from weeks ago and then updates it instead of just updating the previous thread
>"Lol shut up stop talking about it who cares!"
Makes me think...

Oh don't worry, I'm not going to be racing to make a new OP. I don't make OPs. I just think it's wierd that someone went out of their way to remove new stuff and replace old stuff.
Like seriously? The /hg/tage from months ago?

It's something we can talk about later in the thread. I doubt this one will go faster than the old one so for now I'd say just forget about it. Maybe tomorrow post somw ideas for outlines you have
The new OP still updated the news nicely so it'a not like his heart wasn't in the right place.

What time?
I'll play

Anyone want to play WZFF tonight?

Anything for you, Daddy!

I don't think that's actually him

What did he mean by this?

All votes are final. So choose your answers wisely.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3e1A_Kk0vKHcZsiGbXu9MzczWji8j6LhUGFgupVYb7l2OzA/viewform?c=0&w=1

>when you can't make up your mind on the first fucking question

Oh sheeeeeeeeeettttt

TOO BIG FTW

Chiron better win this whole thing

yes

agreed my man

Glad to see everyone is making the most educated choice

>Death Island losing
EXPLAIN YOURSELVES

Too big

REEEEEEEEE

Shhh user, timberland is better anyway.

They're not like us, user.
They don't remember the beach boy cheevo days

Why are Eden and Empire facing off in an otherwise CE-themed round?

Eden and Empire are fighting over who wants to get bent over and buttfucked by Coliseum later on.
It really doesn't matter which of them wins

Ye, Chiron TL-34
I would rather play you
Than spend my time with a whore
Hours spent wandering many a hall
Yet never would my score dare to fall
My Chiron TL-34
With so many portals
I end lives of /hg/ mortals
Pick up rockets to fire around
All could hear my explosive sound
Lovely Chiron TL-34
There isn't another map
I would like to play more

50% edge
25% cringe
15% dank
10% dope

Never stood a chance

F

both shit maps

Look at this poor shitstain of a man that doesn't know how to have fun.
He probably only enjoys symmetrical 4v4 ""arena"" maps like Fathom and Colosseum.

(YOU)

>people actually ducking voted for ice fields
Those have to be anti-sidewinder votes more than anything

No. Seriously. They're both a mess. I've never saw the appeal of both

>people actually fucking voted for ice fields
Those have to be anti-sidewinder votes more than anything

>hey /hg/ I'm literally too stupid to navigate a map properly
>waaahhh they're bad because I'm in ignorant child
OR
>give my shitpost (you)s

There is no other possibility here.

It has nothing to do with learning to navigate the map, the map is just too small and cramped to be fun. Calling me an ignorant child just because I don't like a map you like is basically just a pot calling a kettle black. I don't understand why you're so butthurt I don't like a map you do.

Boarding Action is awful for the fact that you're exposed almost all the time. Both maps are pretty much mini game/customs maps and should be viewed as such rather than regular maps.

Yeah boarding action was designed odd. But it's really unique and makes for interesting gameplay.
Chiron is downright good, objectively, unarguably really good. Sorry some dude pro'd on you so it's no more fun when you remember the map, maybe learn it or just play better in the future.

You can project all you want. I've never like Chiron even as a kid and simply stated so. I still don't know why you care this much over a fucking map in a video game that came out 16 years ago.

You're being way too defensive.
I like Chiron and BA but I can perfectly understand why lots of people don't. Max Hoberman is even quoted as saying both were "failed expiraments"

I'm the guy you originally responded to. I was mostly joking. I do like the maps, but I'm not going to pretend they're not retarded in set up and I fully understand people flat out not liking them.

>that inevitable Blood Gulch/Sidewinder match up in round 3

Yeah, people typically become defensive when they're called an ignorant child. I'm well aware people like the map since we play it every time we play MCC, I just have a different idea of fun to other people. An example being that I quite enjoy Haemorrhage despite people in the general not being fans of it. I don't think the DMR is anywhere near game breaking enough on the map as it isn't as accurate as people claim, the map still has a decent level of movement and I like playing CTF and Heavies on it.

How is Halo Wars 2? I loved the first one, the shill-levels of HW2 and generic-ass 303 art-direction/shitty models have me scared though

Fair enough

>Heavies
RIP

Will it come back?

Outside of the forerunner stuff, everything looks like traditional bungie era halo as far as aethetics go.

If you liked Halo Wars 1, you'll like 2, possibly even more.
One thing though: Get the ultimate edition. It's $10 right now at $40 and well worth the extra price for all the contemt you get. Halo Wars 2 has the best DLC content since Halo 3 imo.

343 can't into fun and they use Warzone for their vehicle focussed gameplay because muh REQs

A bit more balanced, and Covvie leaders are super viable

>that hyper drop every time a COD comes out

>Halo 4

Halo 4 was killed by Black Ops 2.

I mostly feel the same. My bigger issue with Reach was the way so many maps overcomponsated for AAs. It made sense, but I was always envious of an armor ability I didn't have.
"Damn that guy is fast! I want to sprint like him!"
>switch to sprint
"Well fuck, now I have no vertical advantage"
>switch to jetpack
"He can just make bubble shields whenever he wants!?"
>switch to drop shield
And so on and so forth.

>ODST
X-Files theme starts playing

>Death Island catching up
Be afraid, Timberfags

I hope it does.
Death Island is my favorite Halo PC map

I presume a CoD was released between Jun and December when both Halo 3 and Reach took a dive?

GIVE IT UP FOR THREAD 500

Yes. Modern Warfare 3.
It isn't as fondly remembered by the Cod community in retrospect, but leading uo to its release it had more hype behind it than probably any game in the series.

Yeah that was when MW3 came out and just decimated everything else on the market.

I haven't voted yet.
I can make up my mund for the CE maps but I haven't played enough Halo 5 to decide between Eden and Empire.

Which one should I vote for and why?

Empire is fairly plain symmetrical map. Eden is quite nearly just as plain, but gameplay is far more varied by the asymmetries they added.

>Empire is symmetrical
Wat

Eden is literally the exact same map at night with like 2 small walls in different places.
I'm not even shitting you. It's something they call a "remix" where they take a map, change something aethetic about it, then make a small tweak to the geometry in one or two areas. Some of them are better done than others. But not here.

So basically you're voting between day or night.

Eden made better use of the dark shadows in the beta because the engine they were using was better tuned for emulating darkness.
In the final release it's just a generic "night" filter that is overtop of everything. So I'd say vote for empire.

uuhhh...
It is though. Empire is the one during day. With a symmetrical map layout.

You're right. I got them confused. My bad. I looked it up and I forgot that Empire doesn't have the asymetrical walkway down the middle.
I think I always get confused because the aethetics for both sides are different looking enough and I always remember the interiors of the rooms as they are during Eden.

I feel like those weapon spawns might not be up to date

>all those people that bought the strategy guide
>it's now out of date and useless
But hey at least they got an exclusive req pack* out of it

* - said req pack may not actually stay exclusive

Eh, I've never really considered myself part of the CoD community but I enjoyed it while it was out. It came in around the height of my console playing days before I started moving to PC.

After that Black Ops 2 was the last CoD I played any significant amount of and then I pretty much stopped playing them.

But anyway this is the Halo General.

What are the thoughts on Halo Wars 2 around here? Picked it up recently.

Halo Wars 2 is a fine game considering what it is: a console RTS that works.

It also has an absolutely dope DLC offering, which is hard to come by in a world filled with microtransactions $40+ season passes that are never worth it.

>/hg/ claims they hate the small symmetrical maps in 5
>they vote for a small symmetrical map in 5 instead of a small asymmetrical alternative

Hypocrites. The lot of you.

>have to choose between hell and a slightly hotter hell
>surprised when they pick the former

But wouldn't the asymmetry be the better option then?

I like Danger Canyon more than Blood Gulch.
That's right, I said it.

>3 sniper rifles, 2 rocket launchers, and a fuel rod at the same time
Fucking hell, Gearbox.

>50 years have passed and yet, I do not have achilles

What were you expecting?
A kiss?

Cry more, bitch