It spooks the negros.

Don't know desu.
Raise the center of gravity so you feel the Houston potholes less

Small dicks and faggot-ass country music

It helps when running over minority children
t. Latino Victory

>potholes

What are those?

Funny you mention that, I saw some old black dude drive a F150 like pic related with a rough country lift kit. wish i was making this shit up.

Because people are free to do what they want. Just like you are free to drive a garbage tier mazda 3 from 2001 and put a shitty stereo in it and a sticker of your waifu.

My theory is that lifting a new pickup truck is a display of wealth, Texas style.

How many of you could afford a 2016 GMC 2500, 6in. coil suspension lift with oversized aftermarket offroad wheels and oversized bulky mud tires with a shit ton of body modifications?

I imagine if you were an oiler you could afford such a beast.

THE HIGHER THE TRUCK, THE CLOSER YOU ARE TO GOD

MUUUHHH TRUUCCCCKKK

lost it
I honestly feel this is true. Although driving a turbo diesel for work/towing or on the weekend is fine, idk how these fuckers daily this shit. Driving my dad's 7.3 is nice and all but I'd never daily it.

easily

all ive gotta do is use my superior jew score and take out a retarded ass loan for 6 years

as a wacofag, I can pretty much confirm truth, not too mention in Texas everything is spread the fuck out,so being able to haul shit is important for many of us
>tho theres a surprising increase in hot rods, atleast at the college I go to
Not too mention for rednecks its considered a rite of manhood to get your first truck

Pretty much this. In Houston there's tons of huge 2017 pickups with crazy lift kits and all sorts of other doodads done on them. None of them have ever seen a muddy trail in their lives. All the actual offroad/work trucks around here are beaters from the 90's/early 2000's.

Not gonna knock em cause they look kinda cool, but the people who typically drive them are cunty yuppies or retarded soccer moms.

Also wacofag. The lifted trucks tend to be bought with parents money from fresh out of high school college students. One guy with a lifted truck hit a parked motorcycle here a few months back and ran only to have his dad call up the owner since it was a ranch truck and had no insurance.

Texas A&M fag can confirm

Basically this, I moved from a wealthy part of Florida where luxury cars were your typical symbols of wealth. Now I'm in a decent area in Houston and every well-off motherfucker drives a lifted fully-loaded pickup.

I don't even blame them, after test driving a lot of pickups and luxury cars the pickups were far more roomy and just as comfortable if not more comfortable than luxury cars.

/hou/ here, i think its an oilfield thing. they would lift well service trucks to keep them out of the mud on the service roads. I just made this up completely on the spot but it might as well be right because its texas and we do what the fuck we want with our trucks and your daughter

Shut up, pig. I'm onto you - you cop fucking faggot tripnigger.

/galveston/ fag reporting in, pretty common here of course. I wouldn't lift a truck super high like that, but I might throw a 2.5" leveling kit on a truck though.

I counted four vocabulary words!

It’s only stupid to me because I live in a state where having a lifted truck would actually be fun.

>and your daughter
you mean your cousin and sister

I live in Texas, and these fuckers literally have never put ANYTHING in the bed of the truck, let alone TOWED anything. It's disgusting seeing good utilitarian machines being defiled in this manner. Seriously degenerate. Not only this, but the same people put 2 foot diameter exhaust tips on their Hemi RAM's and their gas Chevies. Not to mention a full straight pipe system, cause they need that fucking nasty noise coming out of their shit vehicles.

An expensive truck is a status symbol for people who want to project a down to earth, tough, working man image.

Were you the passenger in this Raptor, Cletus?

Don't forget about the Donks

This. I'm not hating, but bro dozers are simply the white man's way of displaying wealth (or fake wealth). Niggers do it with Cadillacs and shit, spics do it with Audis and BMWs

What the fuck did they expect to happen?

Cause everything it's bigger in Texas.

Big guns, big belt buckles, big people, big egos

And the contrast between their small brains and smaller penises provides entertainment for the rest of us.

I love this shit so much. Also pic related. Why is Houston so based?

I think the most amazing thing is the weight distribution on the truck. If the were going slower and hit the landing slope everything would have been kosher

Aaayyyy BOI?

Galvatraz guy too. When i was 16, 1st thing i did was jack my truck up. Max comfy status... plus i rarely got blinded by oncoming drivers at night.

This

How many of the owners can actually afford these and aren't putting every last time of whatever welding wage they get into them, only to have to trade them in the minute they lose their jobs because muh oil market fluctuations? This isn't a display of wealth, it's a display of meathead irresponsibility.

Texas is a garbage state

I'm sure you blinded plenty of other people though, you pampered cunt bastard.

I'm actually starting to like these more than lifted trucks. At least the basketballs know they're completely going overboard and aren't bitterly stuck up about their rides, and are probably STILL better drivers than brotruckers who think they can bully people out of their way. And mild donks actually look pretty clean.

Nice. What truck did you drive? And a rather dumb question but did you drive it on the beach/sand?

got some sand in your vagina?

>hauling shit
>bed is 6 feet in the air

Pick one

Do you even lift? Unironically

>THAKING KILLA
What did he mean by this?

donks are great because the owner knows it looks ridiculous. its a wealth display but in a self deprecating way "look everyone, look how silly i look. i spent 10k on wheels and suspension to make the hood laugh"

I know the objective answer that will ruin the anti-truck weaboo circlejerk of this thread

I've been stationed in Texas... the flooding there is insane and 4wd is really helpful cuz there are many off road segments. So yeah, a truck is favorable

the better question is what didn't he mean by this

One thing I appreciate about them is they're at least keeping American classics on the road and loving them and keeping them nice

It's the killa that thakes. Pretty obvious.

you don't need a hole lot of lift to get down anything that wouldn't be considered "jeep trails"
you can whip through what most people consider off-roading in stock 15 passenger vans if you know how to not steer into the ditch of doom

>mfw there's a matte-camo wrapped Ford Ranger with a stars and bars bumper sticker in my town driven buy a middle age black guy

Gonna burst your "everything that dislikes what I like is anime" bubble here

Japan has been ricing trucks since before muh lifts were a thing. Trucks so big limp wristed american sedancucks would faint.

Most of the truck hate on Veeky Forums and in life in general comes from sedancucks who felt like a car would be a benefit because it's supposed to be faster, more nimble, more efficient, and easier to park, but got BTFO every day by guys in trucks getting the same fuel economy as a mid-2000s econobox, getting ahead in traffic with smart lane changes, and parking better than them. can't forget the gem

>t-they're slow
a good truck does 0-60 faster than your ford focus

no offense you obviously dont off road much. Hate to break it to you but you need clearance to off road seriously. And no, you can't do it on a 15 passenger van due to it being prone to sinkage as it is heavy and not maneuverable

I know trucks are awesome i want a Silverado, but i love the focus RS too

A little bit of all the reasons above, with the most important being financial freedom.

The cost of living in Texas is pretty low. Combined with Texas' massive economy and great employment opportunities.

You see lots of boats, sports cars, motorcycles, general aviation, etc. Because Texans love spending their extra money.

Personally I'm not into lifted trucks, however, I understand the need. People need things to spend money on. And almost every one has a truck because they are actually useful in Texas.
You should all understand this, if you are into cars. People like us love their vehicles, and would sink money into body kits, engines, suspension, radios, etc.
How is lifting trucks any different than modifying any of your cars? Are your upgrades somehow better and more justifiable?
No matter how stupid some upgrades are, you have to have some respect and understanding.

He lifted his truck because he fucking can.

Im not saying your wrong, just that you can do a lot more than you would think is posible if your willing to go for it.

Idk what your considering off roading, but ive done some dumb shit in company vans come out perfectly fine.

see that probably wasnt real off roading. The rule of thumb is that if you can do it without FWD and at least a foot of ground clearance, then its about normie-tier

by FWD i mean AWD.

The only exception to the clearance rule is the Outback. God those things kick ass at off roading.

>a good truck does 0-60 faster than your ford focus

As a Focus owner, that truth hurts...ouch. Now i want a truck.

This.

Also thanks for the most down to earth and civil answer, couldn't have said it better myself.

>hauling shit
>better put a 10 inch lift on it for no reason

This. A donk can get sold on craigslist to a classicfag and it'll only take minor alteration to return it to oem wheel sizes.

people don't like trucks because the majority of truck owners are jackasses, i've never met a guy my age driving one of these that wasn't an enormous cunt

small trucks are comfy though, i'd honestly like to get my hands on another mazda b2200

Honestly if you were just going with looks, you could get a complete 6 inch lift kit for ~$2k, and a set of four 37 in tires on 17 in rims for another ~$2k. Body mods are way more variable, and it's much more likely you'll be able to get specific mods done cheaply.

People pull this mall crawler shit with older vehicles too; I just think that many people consider cars an extension of their personality, and want to spend as much of their personal income as possible in reflecting that personality.

bringing back the old style ?

that looks comfy actually.

In all honesty, most loads that people carry can be done quite adequately in cargo vans or compact pickups. The only relatively common use I see for F-350s is for hauling livestock trailers and 40-foot boats. Even "standard" size pickups are overkill for most people.

But goddamn there's nothing nicer than road-tripping in a fully-loaded F-350 crew cab and just being able to dump all your shit in the back. Makes you feel like a God in the wide open spaces.

>all those trucks actually being used for their intended purpose
what the fuck dimension is this?

I mean, just think about the market for these mods for a second. Someone is ONLY making 28-inch chrome-polished rims and 1/2 inch-wide tires for the stupidly narrow market of people who want to lift their cars. It's a small miracle someone even makes shit that useless and specific.

One of the things I'm constantly surprised at is all the little things that hinder off-road progress unless you've seen it before and know how to prepare.

Take underside-mounted spares, for example. I was in a field group that drove around everywhere in Yukons and Suburbans. We usually went on high-clearance desert trails with rocks and sand, and occasionally had to skid over low obstacles. One time we get a flat, but we can't remove the underside spare because rocks had knocked against the release bar, pinning it to the vehicle. The only other vehicle with a matching lug pattern had the same thing happen to it, too. Because we needed to get the vehicle back into town ASAP, we had to order a tow truck 30 miles out, which cost all of $400, essentially just to replace a spare we should've been able to do ourselves if the spare carrier had worked as intended on at least one of the matching trucks.

Don't see the point of buying a truck and giving it a fuckhuge lift. They're slow anyways. Could of bought a pony car for the money.

It's not only southerners, it's everywhere. It's because fuel is cheap again.

trump won get over it

There's a bunch of lifted trucks here in Hawaii too. Also a lot of stanced cars.

From DFW, and trucks are either these disgusting mallcrawlers that are absolutely pristine, or they're barely running shit heaps, with 20ft of garbage stacked up in the bed with paracord barely holding it down on the highway driven by mexicans.

only in waco.... and the spic border cities

>Go to Heaven
>Bedford Rascal's everywhere

Perceived utility, perceived safety, Visibility, using it as a fashion accessory for the country lifestyle

Theyre also cheap and gas is cheap

If you live outside a city in Australia, it's a similar case. First thing tradies do when they're not earning an apprentice wage anymore is spend $100k on a 79 series twin turbo diesel V8 Landcruiser, then lift it and add as many offroading accessories as they possibly can. Bonus points for a straightpipe and full size RM Williams sticker on the rear window.

That's why you choose to live in Austin

Hold my beer and watch this

>trucks are actually useful in texas

Except 90% of Texas is flat as fuck and 90% of its pickups are empty and not towing a goddamn thing.

Stop being a brotruck apologist

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>compensating for that micro penis

More like mud. Because I actually take my shitbox onto gravel roads and don't mind getting my car dirty unlike the pansies driving these high heels on wheels.

I see this shit in NH all the time.

Seriously, its the same fucking reason people bought Hummers and Ford Excursions all through the mid-2000s.

It has everything to do with identity and social status projection and nothing to do with practicality. It's also why every other modding scene ever in the automotive industry, from tuners to hot rods to dub has existed.

I think it's because Texas is so spread out that people want to buy a but they also need utility such as a truck for those "just in case I need to tow/move/transport" situations but can only afford one vehicle so they just make it look nice. Honestly I like seeing them cuz my cars all unnecessarily modded up and I hardly race it.

When Harvey hit Texas the police departments begged rednecks in lifted trucks to help them out and ended up doing more than first responders

Not him but 60% of the trucks I see on daily traffic in the greater Houston area all have a trailer or shit in the bed

>cops begging for help
nah
liveleak.com/view?i=177_1504510224

And let me guess, all the trucks with a trailer or stuff in the bed are stock, while all the lifted trucks carry absolutely NOTHING.

I'd never live in Texas to begin with.

dick waving

Are you saying there was even the smallest amount of truth in that one godawful political ad that seriously shouldn't have been allowed to air?

Why, not enough fag cock for you to suck? Uncomfortable if you don't have to pay state income tax?

Sorry bout your penis bro

Not really, from what I remembered, they just volunteered to help. Nothing wrong with that though.

There's literally nothing wrong with brotrucks. You are just mad that their vehicle is made of more metal and is more huge, because huge stuff is inherently more awesome than small stuff.

Practicality is the enemy of fun.
That is all.