Drift car thread, best mods to begin with?

Just got pic related and I was wondering if anyone has some good started mods to get sideways? Going to swap in a 302 with a t5 trans. Paid $1900 and it's in great condition. Literally just missing a trim piece on the passenger door, there's a small tear in the driver seat, and the fuel pump died
Also drift car general shit if u want

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>DUDE SWAP IT LMAO
or you could, like, try fixing and hotrodding the stock engine

It's got the 7mge (NA) with an auto trans (why it was so cheap) so basically it's swap it or be slow forever. Since I can't get a w58 and 7mgte around here it's 302 with a t5 for $1k

If you are truly interested in drifting I'd suggest you first watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

>Going to swap in a 302 with a t5 trans

Im not saying this is a bad idea exactly since that engine has enough power to get you sideways, but since you are new to drifting it will always be better to learn with a low hp. Instead of just welding your diff or getting an lsd and some decent tires. you're doing an entire project just to get sideways on a skidpad/open parking lot.

none of these are drift cars

>Since I can't get a w58 and 7mgte around here

where do you live that you can't get either of those?

Just turbo the 7M and swap transmissions. The 7M can provide reliable power

real nigga shit suck my dick from the back

You can get an aisin ar5 out of a Chevy Tahoe or a kappa coupe. Fits right in the tranny tunnel. People use this tranny all the time with jz swaps

Welded diff+coilovers+manual=skidz. Huge power isn't totally necessary for a basic drift car, especially if you go with crappy tires on the back.

this. Based on what OP is saying he is probably from a flyover state that only has a "Drift day" that happens in an open parking lot.

So basically he's going to swap an engine making more than enough power just to slide around cones. lol

>buy immaculate classic car
>LOL I WANNA DRIFT CAR HAHA LOL #HOONIGANLYFE DUUUUDE
Actually die, mate. Yes I am mad.

mkiii supras aren't all that special and are a dime a dozen. Its better that OP will actually beat the piss out of it and make some memories instead of just driving it around town and waxing it as if its some C5 corvette.

Get 225mm tires and an LSD. 300hp should be more than enough to drift in the dry with a manual transmission. Make sure you replace the clutch so it can handle being kicked. I own a mk3 as well with a 7mgte. That's the tire size I'm rolling with but my LSD is worn out. I have a stage 2 clutch and I only drift in the rain at 90 degree turns or sharper and when it's dry I can only drift at 45 degree turns. This is without clutch kicking though so it's pretty much a power slide.
When it's wet I stay in 2nd and hit the corner at 25mph to get sideways.
Pretty fun desu

it's an automatic nonturbo. don't be such a weeb

>clutch kick
>"I am shit": the technique

So am I good for not using it then?

Btw I faggot OP, buy some rear brakes made for drifting and remove the spring in the handbrake so you don't have to press the button to lock up the rear tires. That's how I have it in my supra but my handbrake shoes are worn out so I can only use it for parking.

Extended steering angle knuckles
A lot of weight stripping
Thats pretty much it

If a car is reasonably powerful, you don't need to fuck the clutch to break the rear end loose, and even in low-powered cars it's a bit of a crutch. People act as if it's an essential technique, but you don't need to do it if you have a modicum of understanding of how momentum and gearing works.

Before you wreck it, sell me your trim on eBay

w58 is no good for drifting. If you can get 1jz r154 halfcut or something you're better off using that. No custom work required that way. r154 and 1jz should cost less than what you're planning to do as well.