/twg/ - Total War General

History and Fantasy can live in harmony edition

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDVybaCiVWc
youtube.com/watch?v=vu8I4TzxSxE
youtube.com/watch?v=X91Hc82gNps
youtube.com/watch?v=O_MMEQMUawA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for fine chinese tactics

Soon right?

can't you do the OP right?

Fresh lakhmid campaign on Hard, lets do this

nth for all Greenksins must die.

Almost three years and still I freaking love these trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=HDVybaCiVWc
youtube.com/watch?v=vu8I4TzxSxE
youtube.com/watch?v=X91Hc82gNps
youtube.com/watch?v=O_MMEQMUawA

Even the greeks thought the elves were shit. Take that knife eared fucks.

Is it possible to make other factions stop fighting eachother? Because up in the northeast the Empire factions are always fighting one another.

Is there a strategy towards forging early military alliances, as early as possible?

>The one that helps the AI building the right buildings.
>Theres a campaign map mod made by the same guy which tells the AI to build the right building for the recruitment mod to work.
What's the name of the mod?

>Nagash still not announced

What's the "why didn't the eagles fly them to mordor" of warhammer?

Insolent rebels!

"Why do greenskin players like grimgor"?

"Why couldn't all the human realms from Estalia to Nippon unite and murder-rape everything non-human into extinction?"

cuz he's da biggest an da strongest

WAAAAGH

History and fantasy living in harmony because I like both.

Oh, I see, s-so very...interesting.......

Some people actually though that putting Kemmler in the game without Krell makes any sense

Because he is the one true Git

What's with your hateboner for Grimgor dude? Every fucking time someone brings him up you just go ballistic. Far as Warhammer characters go, he's far from the most uninteresting one. How come you don't have this reaction to Ghorst? Did Grimgor fuck your wife or something?

All the fanboyism came when he headbutted Archaon and put an end to SoC

And rightfully so. He achieved one of the -if not THE- greatest achievement anyone's accomplished in Warhammer after Sigmar, AND he stopped the Warhammer universe from being deleted. Until GW decided to do it anyway, at least.

How is that not worthy of liking the dude? Do you set out to hate everyone who ever does something good?

He's everything wrong with greenskin as he is the most boring of them all with no call back to their inherent sillyness. Not to mention that him being involved in the ebin "narrative" of the end times introduced greenskin "fans" to the retarded idea of powerlevels.

If I see one campaignposter in this fucking thread im gonna bully the shit out of him

So you hate him because he makes the greenskins not purely a bunch of clowns partying it up in the badlands and turns them into an actual threat and an active player in the greater scale of Warhammer? Did you just hope greenskins would never amount to anything more than a pest that every other race casually brushes off because everyone else is a much bigger threat?

I seriously don't understand all this hate. A single character manages to be competent and achieve great things and you hate him for it.

>grimgor

This is exactly the retarded stuff I was talking about, the fact that you need a cool badass dude to be a big bad orc to like them is stupid. You might as well not approach warhammer greenskins at that point. The faction was perfectly fine without him, and like every faction it had its ups and downs, but no, some fans are not happy just reading about some campaign going on and then maybe be stopped, because that means that BOOHOO we lost one battle after tens of victories and THAT'S BAD AND IT MEANS THE FACTION SUCKS.

Thinking like that is what made the clusterfuck that was SoC/ET possible.

I never said it was a bad thing

Fuck you

>eagles fly the hobbits towards morder
>get fucking eviscerated by fel beasts and whatever the fuck else Sauron can throw at them.

Want can't people with guns and cannons just win.

>tfw no sci-fi TW

Warhammer 40k TW soon comrade.

What should my first campaign in Attila be?

Play the Franks.
Migrate to the Northwest of Spain

I can't even begin to understand you shitfilled brain.

>you need a cool badass dude to be a big bad orc to like them
No I fucking don't. Who said I do? And by that logic, absolutely no one is allowed to like any character in Warhammer. You're not allowed to like Karl because he's a cool badass dude and if you like him then you never actually liked the Empire.
>The faction was perfectly fine without him
No they weren't. At that point the greenskins had little to no actual leaders that could have made them relevant in any of the plots GW intended to do. Skarsnik, Gorfang, etc. were relatively minor characters compared to the big players, and had no interest beyond their own turfs. All the big orcs that actually threatened the other factions - Gorbad, Azhag, Grom, etc.- were dead. Without Grimgor, it's not that the greenskins would have had ups and downs, it's that they wouldn't have mattered at all. Way of a bigger kick in the nuts to everyone who likes them than just having a big, angry orc get shit done.
>some fans are not happy just reading about some campaign going on and then maybe be stopped, because that means that BOOHOO we lost one battle after tens of victories and THAT'S BAD AND IT MEANS THE FACTION SUCKS.
I don't even understand what the fuck are you saying here. And for the record, Grimgor does lose a battle in SoC/ET.
>Thinking like that is what made the clusterfuck that was SoC/ET possible.
You're a fucking moron and a crybaby who doesn't have a clue how shit works so you just look for a target to direct all your babyrage towards. SoC/ET didn't happen for some moronic reason just because people liked characters like Grimgor, it happened because GW wanted to fucking reboot the universe. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you fucking blame Grimgor of all characters for the shitstain those campaigns were is baffling, considering he fucking STOPPED it. By all logic, you should fucking love him.

Maybe a eloquently elf lord is more your thing, my homosexual friend

I'm too lazy to boot up a game so consider this a campaignpost in spirit.

Took control of arabia magna, maybe now ill expand to Palaestina

pls r8

but 40k is lame bro...
i want something original

Dwarfs are immensely fun to play.
im fookn dawi brah

You sure you're not confusing Grimgor with Archaon?

Some people actually thinks VC needs more content

Krell should just be an ability Kemmler can unlock with a Legendary Item, that summon him on the field

Kemmler certainly does. He keeps asking where Krell is.

Too bad the campaign is too easy for regular dorfs with the badlands being way too strong a base to build on.

Share tactics for Atilla WRE campaign.

Seems like particularly on Legendary there are going to be huge amounts of rebellions basically everywhere. Do I burn settlements near to the enemy and disband border armies so I can recruit more internal forces to restore public order?

So is the only big difference in Warhammer 2 the factions?

That and some quality of life changes across the board
Its an expansion, don't believe the 2

WIth a faction Unlocker, play as the Karak Ziflin
Best dwarf campaign ever

Ah alright I haven't actually played the first game yet. So should I just the first one if I'd rather play as greenskins, dwarves, and vampires instead of rats and elves?

tfw carthage declares war on me when i have no armies in italy

No.

Grimgor died for GW's sins.

Factions and map. No new battle mechanics it seems.

Yes but you kind of missed the sales

how does this make sense

CHOSEN

Fuck yeah, beat them rebels with garrison

>not dealing with carthage asap

>No new battle mechanics it seems.

New battle map types, new magic spells, army abilities, dragons get breath abilities, new free for all 4 players mode

I think that's it

It's ok I have family sharing with a friend who has the first game and I doubt I could even run it right now. I was just wondering cause I'm getting a new desktop around the time 2 comes out and I was wondering if I should get it.

>not letting carthage get big as fuck so you have an epic war against them

That achievement is no longer canon, my friend. Storm of Chaos is alternate universe lore now. :)

I dislike Grimgor because I just like Skarsnik more.

strange turn of events

what games are fun while drunk? total war for sure isn't one

EDF
But EDF is always fun

How do I git gud at the Tanukhids?

What is the quintessential mod for rome 2?

What movie/serie? Is it good?

So what time period/setting do you guys speculate the Saga game will be?

Total War: Imjin War

I'm betting the first will be somewhere in the British Isles. A lot of people are saying that the coastline shown in the blurry photo looks like Ireland, and the Viking Age would make for a good time period

Emu War

CHYNA

8th to 11th century

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age

divide et impera

The Finno-Korean Hyperwar

What's the correct pronunciation of Triarii?

TRIA RI I

TRIA RI E

TRIA RI

Stop playing war games.

>no mods that let me have a harem of vampire and elf grills
shit game

Why the fuck the victory conditions for some races are so much harder and take so much more time to achieve than others?

You play wood elves you just have to build a tree and capture 20 random settlements, you play beastmen and just have to raze the empire

Meanwhile as gobbos you have to take every dwarf settlement and destroy all greenskin factions and destroy the empire AND destroy chaos warriors. That's like 3/4 of the map.

WHY

>Michael: What’s the scope of this Total War Saga game? How big will it be?
>Jack: When we talk about games based around these moments in history that lasted months or years
>Michael: Any hints yet as to the content? Why did you want to make a game based at this particular point in history?
>Jack: We’ll announce it properly in the next few months, but I can say that it’s another spiritual follow-up to Total War: ROME II, like Total War: ATTILA,
So something between Rome 2 and Attila. And something that only lasted a couple years. Great conspiracy? It happened a few decades before Attila and lasted only one year. It could work.

Is there a way to zoom out more in the campaign map? A mod or something. I lile how in Rome I you can zoom out a lot but in newer titles the FOV is too close, you can't see the land around unless you use the tactical view

I want Rome 2 to be better

So did they confirmed it's gonna be a dlc for Rome instead of Attila or is it gonna be "it's own thing"?

It is it's own game. A map with as many towns as Attila. I think the great conspiracy would be neat. Being able to play as Roman rebels, Loyal romans, or invading barbars. The arrival of Theodusius after a year that turns the weak roman loyalists into sudden a killing force.

>tfw no sci-fi TW

Consider the following: CA has the Warhammer license until 2021 and the dev cycle of TWW will be over by 2018. A convenient three year gap before expiry of the contract looms on the horizon.

3 years of DLC. Nippon, Cathay and Ind. The entire warhammer world.

>implying all victory conditions don't become trivial as shit as soon as you get strength rank 1

A shame we cannot import models, modding in Nippon would be damn easy

Total Warrior: Warhammer confirmed.

Stop crusading my homelands.

Is there any fast ways to actually get the Franz quests started. They all start rely on allying with a country thats starts hating you and are allied to a neighbour that ends up going to war with you.

Ive only been getting them the Plan B way when the countries end up being destroyed and you get the "just send a wizard to look lol"