Press 'F' to pay respects

Porsche is going to take her out back and put her down this sunday because she isn't 'progressive or exciting' like Formula E.

Is Formula E even faster than Indy car?
>140mph top speed
top of the lels.

it seems like Porsche is either sick of the rules of Le mans and their forcing of overly complicated hybrids that shit themselves before they can even finish the race or they are tired of spending 250 mill a year on that shit and want something easier on the budget and safer to support whilst using what they learn in Formula E to potentially develop better hybrid systems so when they return in the future they don't suffer the same embarrassing loss Toyota did in 2016 where they almost won but lost on the very last lap. that almost happened to Porsche in 2017 and it was likely too close a call for them so they decided to bail before they lose to an LMP2 car and never hear the end of it..

imagine the damage if an LMP2 wins Le mans over your 250 million dollar hybrid

F

Looking forward to it too

WAS looking forward to it

Well said user.

That almost happened this year. It took until the final hour of the race for the lead Porsche LMP1 to get back on the lead lap and pass the fastest LMP2 for the win. Also, LMP2s rounded out the podium.

Lmp1h is dying. There is no way around it. These are really expensive for R&D as well. I would like to think they are pulling a sabbatical to let toyota win if the car doesnt break down for the 30th time, so they can pull out as well. Formula E seems to be hot thing right now so it would not be a surprise if they did. There were rumours that mercedes might join with rosberg as a frontman too.

Maybe the merger with IMSA can make WEC interesting, but I'm sure the glue sniffers from FIA will find a way to screw over the DPis spectacularly.

Porsche is known for pulling out of classes after winning a few times. LMP1 is dead anyway unless peugeot joins again

>Slower than a Tesla streetcar
Fromula E is just virtue signalling for automakers, they don't even build the cars or battery themselves so there's no technical innovation either.

More like: LMP1 is a dying spec and Porsche has enough championships and race wins that they have nothing else left to prove.

Le mans 2018 is gonna be fucking boring

Imma lmaoing to death if Toyota keeps on chocking despite being the only LMP1

Toyota will probably be the only LMP1-H if they are allowed to compete next year since the rules say that you have to have at least two manufacturers for a championship to happen.

Other teams are said to be joining under LMP1-L rules.

>Other teams

Like who?

That hybrid nonsense is stupid expensive to design

Customer teams driving Ginetta and BRE/Dallara-designed cars.

Confirmed not happening until they see new regs

I want to watch Alonso and Toyota team up for the ultimate combo in engine failures. I only wish Jackie Chan was racing LMP1. But who knows? He may win with an LMP2

So are they gonna use leftover parts from the LMPs to build a ridiculous Pikes Peak record-shattering hillclimb monster like Peugeot? I'd like to see that happen, personally.

that wing tho.

Yup, that's one of the parts I'm talking about. Ripped straight from the Le Mans racer.

street legal 919 when?

The ACTUAL reason is that VAG is getting pounded in the ass due to all the emissions scandals, which led to cost cuts all around to soften the blow.

This made the board wonder why 1- they were racing against themselves and 2- why are they spending 300+ millions on each of their teams to do so.

Formula E lets VAG cross Motorsport off their marketing checklist at a very low cost AND you get the "muh green energy sustainability" points, which, considering the shit storm they're in, will be very helpful.

I think theres a kit car you can buy thats like that.