Nissan Thread

Why do you hate Nissan so much, Veeky Forums ?

...Other than their stupid CVT

because they're killing the Z and just making shitty cuckboxes from now on

This.
Another jap econoshitbox producer. Way to be just like every other japanese car manufacturer. A race to the bottom for basic bitch grocery getters.

What's wrong with GTR?

i'm honestly surprised they still make the gtr considering they have gone on record many times as not giving a single fuck about performance or driving enjoyment anymore and just want more tech features

Then look at their premium lineup if you don't want grocery getters

test

Hmm?

nah, I want a new Z

Do you hate me?

So is the Z kill for real? Source?

I thought they were making a new one off that Z concept??

I assume with the Q60's 400 hp TT VR-engine giddup

hoping AWD an option on any new Z car

also hoping they don't offer 2.0 TT poop Benz I4 like they do now with the Q50.... I think they would, though, to compete with the I4 mustangs and camaros of the world

nissan juke gave me testosterone.

This.
Even their flagship cars like the maxima, which was originally marketed as a '4 door sports car, are just your average run of the mill normie car.
>post yfw the current maxima is a FWD 300hp shitbox with a CVT that says 4DSC on the fuckin shifter

Because they have shady marketing tactics that appeal to poor people and niggers.

Do not speak of that vehicle here

>cvt
>sports car

the absolute state of nissan

It's still 0-60 in less than six

I guess because it's pigfat handling poop is why you don't like?

its just slightly faster than a avalon

The 5th gen was doing comfortable sub-6 second 0-60 times 15 years ago, there's nothing impressive about that.

It takes more than paddle shifters and a reasonable 0-60 time to make it a sports car. The main reason I dont like it is the fucking CVT. I understand dropping conventional manual market but a cvt? really? in a fucking """sports car"""?

I mean, maybe my perception is a little different because cars never had this much horsepower in the 90's... 300hp is seemingly commonplace now, whereas before my Trans Am having 275 hp was off the charts

I agree; even a regular slushbox would be more acceptable than the CVT

Obviously they know this too since the high end model AT are traditional slushbox and not CVT

cvts can't handle a lot of torque

300 ft lbs is about the limit

Well look at it this way. When the maxima started being sold in the states, it was the fastest car with 4 doors you could buy from japan. The flagships from the big 3 barely had it beat, and couldnt beat it in terms of handling. Aside from its sedated looks, it was a great car back then. Now its unremarkable, and i cant imagine why anyone would consider one at that price range.
Its definitely insulting to buy a nissan with an SR badge, a 4DSC badge, and a motherfucking cvt

Well, the Maxima is a huge car, looks handsome enough, and is cheaper than what it would cost to buy a similarly sized luxury car. I'll bet that there are folks who see $33k 300hp Nissan Maxima Sports Sedan vs. $35k 180hp 320i BMW cuck-mobile and go "Well, the choice is obvious..."

here's the reason

was about to post this. lol. good one soviet

The GT-R is aging and over priced.

still faster than the shitvette tho boi

bump because nobody gave me source that proves Z car is being killed by Nissan and not refereshed

All of their cars are competing with FCA for title of least reliable. Pieces of shit. Nissan doesn't make luxury cars, and Infiniti makes boiracer intro level luxury cars that are even less reliable.

>Why do you hate Nissan so much, Veeky Forums ?
I drive one.

In murica it's a dipshit horsepower race. Everyone sees cheap gas prices and suddenly stops giving any fucks at all about MPG. Wasteful attitude, it's leading to the fall of the US as the world superpower.

No, crossovers are an example of the gas is cheap ignorance. Horsepower wars in small-scale volumes that sportscars sell in are fine.