What's it like driving an old person car?

What's it like driving an old person car?

Good

Comfortable, like driving a sofa

in my experience they make for some of the worst driving cars Ive ever had the displeasure of operating

seats are awful
suspension bounces and rolls everywhere
no power
interior itself looks like shit
it had a goddamn column shifter despite being from the 90s
and everyone will talk shit because you aint old

I enjoy it, but it's not for everyone.

>Panther
You might be considered an uncool virgin to others but if i were a girl in highschool and you had that you'd be inside me whether you wanted to be or not.

comfy

Comfortable. You blend in everywhere in traffic and no one cares if you're going over/under the limit, and you do it in ridiculous amounts of comfort.

Plus sides: Comfort, size, carrying capacity. Seriously, the trunks on these things are fucking gigantic and you can still carry six adults comfortably in the cabin. Usually easy to fix, drivetrains are often detuned for durability over power.

Minus sides: gas mileage isn't great, outdated platforms mean iffy handling and enough body roll you can put a Six Flags queue to your driver's door, bench seats give zero support, cup holders are usually awful. Everyone will think you're a cop/grandma/autist if you drive a Panther in particular; whether that's a minus is up to you.

lmao

Thinking about getting a 80s town car how's the reliability for being 30 years old

You must be 18 to post here
The stigma only applies to second gen crown Vic (even then, only to the retired police cruiser versions). It's basically nonexistent on the towncar/mercury grand marquis
I like these kinds of cars cause in my mind, it's what a "traditional car" should look like.

Get a 86-89, SEFI lopo 5.0 is pretty bullet proof and very easy to mod

you know your taste is shit if your defense of it consists only of "lol ur underaged if you dont like shitty cars"

>The stigma only applies to second gen crown Vic (even then, only to the retired police cruiser versions). It's basically nonexistent on the towncar/mercury grand marquis
It's worth noting though that Marquis look a hell of a lot like a Crown Vic depending on year and time of day. 03+ they use CV fenders and quarter panels so the side lamps and ass end are even closer, 98-02 they look different during the day but at night the front end looks almost just like any 98-11 Crown Vic (due to the center yellow running lights).

Yes, but the stigma comes from the "cop car" feel. You know, the white paint, plastic black bumper, steel wheels, additional bullbar. Even if you own say a civilian second gen crown Vic, most of the stigma is gone since it looks a lot more like a normal car

I drive a panther. Still waiting for a female like you user

Oh, definitely. Not denying it's Crown Vics that have the biggest stigma at all, and for good reason, given how many people buy them and leave the spotlights and bull bars and black grille so they can jerk off in traffic when people slow down in front of them.

They are comfy and big and have plenty of space for people and cargo.

Most of the luxury ones are reasonably powerful and can accelerate nicely on highways.

Although
>plastic black bumper
Both bumper covers on all aero-onwards Panther bodies are plastic, and they all tend to shatter if you so much as breathe on them wrong.

The seats in my 85 New Yorker were better than my 85 Grand Marquis and both were better than anything made today. Somewhere around 1995 seats in everything went to hell.

Lincoln and Cadillac have hard leather slabs today and this was in an (extended) K platform Chrysler 30 years ago.

If you aren't pretending to be a character in initial d like then they can be great cars for daily driving.

Panther time is done. I don't think there's a single CV still in active duty around here. All Explorer/Charger/Tahoe/Taurus in that order.

If I have a CV with bull bars and spotlight behind me, Ima gonna fuck with it.

It's almost entirely Chargers and Tahoes here with a couple Tauruses in use as those goddamn unmarked cars with ghost-letters on the side (FUCK YOU), but there's still a couple Crown Vics in the smaller precincts here and there. I'm gonna be sad when they're all gone.

pretty comfy until i set transmission and suspension to sport mode, shit gets a bit rough and violent.

The Explorers have more room than the Taurus and get better MPGees than the Tahoe. The Charger is cheapest.

I had to work on a decklid mounted computer in a Taurus once. The deputy had to empty EVERYTHING out of the trunk for me to get to it. Most people don't know the sheer amount of gear LEOs carry with them. The CV had the trunk space but the Taurus can't hack it, so you see more Explorers/Tahoe, but the Tahoe costs more to operate. Chargers a lot more common for highway patrol use.

I loved my stinkin Lincoln
I had a black 94 executive series.
Banged a few girls in the back
Had 3 cig lighters and ashtrays
Code door lock, felt like a spy
Slept in it a few times.
Those door cubbys
That front bench

Really a great first car, thanks grandpa
I donated it back in 2009, she still ran great. I just fucked it up to bad

Yeah, the Vic has been on it's way out for a little while now, but they're definitely still a strong presence, at least in my small (600k) city.