Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Cancer

How?

If you classify cars as appliances, this is the one for you. Completely mediocre in every metric except gas mileage.

Reliable but boring shitbox.

Not a good idea, you'll be replacing the battery due to age, look it up on forums. I tried to buy this gen but it's not worth it.

One of the most miserable cars to drive. Heavy yet vague steering, clunky regenerative braking, and a shit interior. Toyota clearly put all their money into the hybrid system, and there are much better ways to save fuel out there.

The regenerative brakes are so shit, I wonder how average people and women drive this. I saw a woman in a Prius C and I was thinking she got cucked so bad. I've driven that car interstate and you could hear the tires/engines of the other cars.

It's amazing what people will put up with if they are sold on the marketing/projected image of a product.

Jesus.
don't get a prius. Get a civic, a camry, a corolla but not a prius.

can't tell if that's a Prius or one of those Buick SUVs

I thought it was a Tesla.
Since they're shit at welding / don't know how and QC in general apparently.
And the stock is tanking.
lmao

Tesla Model X. A $100k crossover that has abysmal build quality worse than a $12k Fiat built in Guangzhou, but nobody seems to care, because the power of branding is more important than the product itself.

This can't be real.

Boring, fugly, slow(no shit)...

But, are they dependable hybrid cars? I ask just in case I wanna take part in being a Uber/Lyft driver and don't have to fret about gas.

They are one of the most reliable newer models Toyota have (E100 Corolla excluded) and will give you good gas mileage, but while the 2nd gen got incredibly good gas mileage for its time compared to its interior and cargo space, the 3rd gen (with the 1.8) got much better. For maximum autism, you wanna go for the plugin-version of the 3rd gen (pic related, I own one). It will get you some 10-12 miles on only electricity, which depending on how your daily usage is, will save you a lot of gas money. If you commute long distance, get a non-plugin.

That's the specs for the tiny Prius C. The 2nd gen normal prius got 110 total hp. The 3rd gen got 134 hp. The power is perfectly adequate. Jesus christ people, stop comparing the Prius to drivers' cars/sports cars.

That looks like a semi camouflaged test-mule.
And yes, I'm samefagging.

Chasing miles per gallon is tedious and turns you into an autistic, worry prone, penny pinching cunt. Get an 8th gen Civic with the R18 engine and in manual. 35-40 mpg if you're good with the throttle. You can pretend you're in a hybrid if you really want to bore yourself, but if you feel like you need to merge at a safe speed, it will actually move and handle relatively well. I think I would have killed myself if I had to drive a Corolla or a Prius from the same years on my commutes and roadtrips for five years.

Bonus is that they're shit simple to fix on your own and are at the ideal price for mileage point right now of around $5-6k for an 80k-100k car in good condition. 9th gens are nearly the same car but are heavier, somehow have a cheaper interior with less visibility and a worse ride.

the insurance is crazy tho

What. You live in San Bernardindu or something? These aren't even the frequently stolen Civics. I'm paying around $600 a year to insure mine through Wawanesa with comprehensive. Was $800 when I was under 25 and had one car.

Ridiculously reliable, extremely cheap to maintain and great on gas.
Literally only cons are handling and acceleration
>t. drives gf's prius a lot

>car built only for mileage has not much power
Just get a fucking Mustang GT and deal with 17mpg

your a faggot ass bitch

Great to commute. Batteries die at 100000 miles. Get ext warranty

Extremely reliable
Amazing mpg
Primary battery can last forever
Very little wear and tear on brakes, rotors and majority of other mechanical parts that are POS to replace
Oil changes must be done every 5k miles stat. The tiny 1.5L engine is very sensitive and can burn oil very quickly.
Very responsive steering, would be amazing to drive if it had 20-30 extra hp and larger tires

I would say the Prius is a pretty good car for every day driver. The only reason it has such a bad rep is because most Prius drivers are brain dead liberalcuck morons who accelerate at a bicyclist pace and fuck up traffic for miles. When I drove one I would hammer the pedal at every light or on the main roads and I would still get 50mpg. Coming from a 110hp Corolla or the 2.0slow VW Jetta the Prius was a big improvement

What about the absurd resale value

>tfw trying to buy a used prius
>180k miles
>Still want ~6k

Fuck me

Plug in hybrids are the future, for commuting 10 or so mile range with the electric motor only is often enough especially if your workplace has recharging spot and you can do longer trips with the ICE while still consuming extremely little fuel since you have regenerative braking and can use the electric motor to help with acceleration which means that you can get away with a really small engine.