/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>1.03 patch notes
tekkengamer.com/2017/07/04/ps4-tekken-7-patch-ver-1-03-launched-japan-regions-soon-follow/
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

I've mashed my shoulder button bound to 1+2 so much it's broken now and doesn't respond all the time

Guess I can justify getting a stick now and upgrade from this shitty 360 controller

Stop getting hit by dumb shit.

Ranks don't matter.

I can't, there's too many strings with lows in them that are also safe

Asuka is low IQ and dishonest

L O W
P A R R Y

How do you break shoulder buttons?
>falling for the stick meme

This piece of shit has been afk in warmup searching for matches for at least 2 hours. Wow.

>says the scrub

I finally managed to do 1 when he hit me with the same string 4 times in a row but Ill get it by it again next time

I agree. We should play together if we ever get the chance.

I just low parried someone 10 times straight in 3 rounds. Go to training mode and study. Fool. Lows in strings are bad unless they have a mid mixup with them.

I dunno man it just got broken from overuse. Like the button press works fine but it doesn't send the input you know what I mean

He'll just dodge hard. He is only here for attention

Got a couple of questions:

- How do you do a crouch dash? down and double tap d/f?

- Who do you recommend to a semi-beginner to learn the game between Kazuya and Heihachi? Are they like the Ryu and Ken of street fighter?

Are you any good

What are leo's long range punishes? As in what if someone misses a poke or throw out a shitty move that d/f+2 couldn't reach.
more captcha like this pls

Does everyone have a low parry how do you do it
Play paul. Those dudes are hard af and apparently lag makes them really difficult online

forward, neutral, down, down-forward
they're like ryu and ken if ryu and ken were both very hard to play

Please respond.

Get in my lobby and find out.

I can't see what string it is until its already done.

This Bryan player hit me with the same string that ended with a little kick like 4 times in a row and I still had trouble seeing the 5th

foward, neutral, down, down+forward

it's just the D/P motion, but make sure you do it clean

>Reminder that Vampires don't suck blood
>They SCRAPE AND LICK

Use your crush moves, and use your movement to create whiffs from the retaliations. Once they get scared to push a button the moves with small amounts of negative frames aren't a problem anymore.

I like their aesthetics (Kazuya's more than the old man though) and their moves and I don't like Paul. I find it hard to get into a game if I'm not playing a character I like. There are others that I like but I specifically want to play one of them.

Oh so it's like the motion for Wind God Fist?
I thought it was a special kind of dash, like Bryan and Paul have one similar.

How do Bryan players live with the fact that they're dogshit at the game and can only win with a brainded character with retarded frame data and crush game?

[Settings]
Quotes & Replying
Legacy Captcha

By eating scrubs like you for breakfast

I tried him out and he's actually surprising slow

Reminder that vampires don't have fucking horns.

When do people actually git gud. I'm almost in green rank as gigas and I'm scared of when people learn how my character works and just bully my proportionally tiny willy

There's something fun about finding weird oki setups for him.

Reminder: Scrub != "Someone I don't like."

Hold DF when a low is about to hit you.

Go to training mode, the move is called, "Run for Cover" and it's ass. Mid, high, mid, low means that you can duck and punish after you block the first hit, step the 3rd and just hold df after the 3rd button. The best way to do deal with strings like these is to stand block and just hold df after the 3rd or hopkick the low because it's standing.

what does moha mean?

die

I'm well aware. You think you're so clever it's almost adorable.
You're trash dude. There's a reason you don't play anyone here

Thank you. I'm tired of people acting like my character is Xiaoyu.

I'm never accepting a king match again what the fuck are all those gimmicks.

>unblockables
>stupid grabs
>meme dodges
no.

Moha doesn't mean that.

Morra means "die"

>Get 3 bars all the time searching with 4 bar minimum
>Figure it must be because I'm using wifi
>Get cable for wired connection
>Still more 3 bars

Is there anything else I can do?

I mean, I can record everything you need to beat King and you'll just feel really bad when the problem is you.

I wish you played on PS4. I want to fight you.

I'm tired of people acting like there is something wrong with playing Xiaoyu

#
Bryan isn't unsafe!!! You still haven't posted your rank and rank with Bryan

>3+4 slow as balls

It's i18 so it's unseeable. 10-15f is fast. While 22f+ is slow...

Instead of qcb3 u can use db3 it's very good. Qcb3 being unsafe on block is not even a problem since it's only -14. Not many characters can launch you for it.

Also the last point you made

>Basically, the gameplan is to make them block something that is actually safe from Bryan and check them with a CH button, 1 or df1 and bait them out.

Make it seems he doesn't have shit that's safe. Df2,1 is amazing...

WHY would u check with a ch launch WHEN YOURE NOT +FRAMES? f3 (i16 ch launcher) isn't gonna get anyone when you're minus frames... U have to be in plus situation.

1 works great tho. It's +1 on block and +8 on hit. Use it alot to set up ch's

Df1 to check em ducking is great of course. Especially when you got them biting db3.

I swear you're the same user. Just post your fucking rank and I'll shut up

Just being bad doesn't make someone a scrub either.

what a weird way to spell xiaoyu

There is something wrong with you if you play Ling.

moha doesn't mean anything but that's what it sounds like she's saying
so, moha = die

I know I have to go into warmup look up his fucking break timings but you realize how fucking tedious that is right?

And the unblockables are literally a one character thing you need to do a specific roll.

It's just stupid and should never have been added. I know how to beat it, but playing against him is fucking tiring bullshit

>I'm using wifi
ky

You would think I know how to fight my own character because I know whats safe and unsafe

But they play so different from me

I legit know an actual autistic french canadian that plays ONLY xiao yu

Also, d/f+1 is his fastest check for people sidestepping him right

why'd they make gigas command throw so hard
everyone just breaks normal throws so they're useless

>18 frames is unseeable for a mid

It's like you didn't read the other shit where I said that db3 is good too and you are + after b1. You idiot. Yeah, you can set up CH with 1, a high that is +1 on block when you can play neutral and get them to block b1 and you're +4 after a mid. What's wrong with you.

By that, I mean that people act like Bryan is as quick as Ling. I don't care about Ling players; it's a fun matchup.

Get it on pc like everyone else that isnt a company fanboy.

>t. shitters
Is okay though. Your salt is worth it

NA PS4 lobby?

fuck im not playing ranked or qm until my movement is buttery smooth on both sides

You got it. Tekken is hard.

>By that, I mean that people act like Bryan is as quick as Ling. I don't care about Ling players; it's a fun matchup.
Oh my bad. You're cool then. I agree, Bryan isn't as easy or as oppress as people think

Ff4 is homing while df1 and qcb3 track Bryan's left and db3 tracks both sides

You're gonna pop a b1 from range 0-1? Its kinda slow for that range ~21 frames. Rather just do a 1 to abuse frame advantage

Please just post you're rankkkkk I'ma legit kill myself if you're silver-green giving bryan advice. If you're yellow, I'd have to be inclined to your opinion with some weight and you're orange rank or higher I'll shut up and take an L

Real shit though, fuck King players. I got no respect for them.

>someone knows to only block high against gigas
>lose the game
lol epic

>watching a stream that greentekken is hosting
>kazumi vs asuka
>kazumi player bullying the every loving fuck out of the asuka with the running poke over and over
>asuka player does nothing to contest it
I never want to look like that Asuka.

give me one reason why bryan's orbital heel should be completely safe on block when it's functionally the same as any other hopkick

Steal their tactics.

I hope you don't mean meme dashing.

>an orbital is functionally the same as a hopkick
boy, combofiend really got to you, didn't he

i am sure they balanced Bryan elsewhere like they do in all fighting games. surely he has something like, shitty lows, low damage, lots of unsafe stuff, weak normals, poor walkspeed, crappy specials etc something to make up for it? git gud

Enjoy never playing online.

You mean the range where it hits people? Hell yeah because I'm not trying to get whiff punished son. You sound like the kind of dumbass who gets punished all day with WS2.

Have a picture kid.

he has none of that lol

>i am sure they balanced Bryan elsewhere
They didn't. Bryan and Dragunovs are haradas special kids in tekken 7 that only get buffs.

I play it like a 2d fighter game and I do just fine. Sidestepping is hard for gigas though so it's not too bad for me to ignore it

A quick google search would have shown you that moha is a word and has a meaning.

And it doesn't sound like she's saying "moha".
She's not speaking English.

It's not the same as a hopkick. You fool.

What the fuck did they do to the color palette? How on Earth did they make it worse than it already was? Are they going to fix this?

you can thank the autistic cyka blyat of running 2s for that

Has anyone else noticed people win quitting more since the patch? Or am I just salty?

>Only get buffs
>They literally nerfed Bryan recently (No launch on CH off of low soccer kick)
Wrong reasons he sucks. Try all of you useful moves startup in 30 frames. Lack of good DF2 and DF1 and awkward launchers and hopkick. Also taunt is hard as fuck to master.

Notice how every Orbital in the game comes out slower than your standard hopkick? There's your answer. Orbitals are extremely linear moves that can usually be sidestepped, and in Bryan's case, his Orbital can be sidestepped in both directions. Some character's hopkicks can actually slightly track to a certain side.

People were abusing it, now everyone has to pay the price.

whats the meaning then

It wasn't actually because of Drag's pitch black skeleton outfit, it was because of King and Leo's invisible body glitch that they changed the color palette

did the colors make him invisible or something?

why couldn't they just change it for the character it affects

>tfw people know to step lars
STOP
I DON'T WANT TO USE b+4 FOR THE WHOLE MATCH
STOP
STOP!!

Only Hwoarang really makes me angry, characters like Alisa and Eddy get me annoyed but Hwoarang just makes me see red.

I can just imagine the mashing dudebro chad playing him thinking hes hot shit

i said miguel was a good jumping off point with gigas so whoever benefited from that you're welcome glad you like him.

also some other people said it but I'm glad you're having fun hermano

Feels so good to demote other Bryans.

Fucking lol you're definitely a blue rank shitter with Bryan

What's wrong with win-quitting?

I don't think any character makes me mad, but Josie pushes my shit in like it was free.

aww did poor babby bryan get 1(ONE) nerf?
;_;

Calling it now: like other games where ranks exist, we will soon be enjoying "rank inflation." in the beginning people were happy to escape low blue and get to green. soon green will be considered part of the trash bracket as well. once a decent number of players achieve orange, yellow will be the next to go.

Cap this post.

Just take it away from those characters?
They obviously can do that kind of shit. Look at Leo not being able to dress like a Nazi

1. dragunovs skelleton suit with the bones se to black made it hard to see what he does
2. people rightfully complain
3. harada is a fraud so he burned all the customizations for everyone instead of locking out the bone palette change like for some tag 2 customes

You know that Green ranks ARE beginner ranks, right?

Why isn't there a single good ling player in this general?