Unp/o/pular opinions

unp/o/pular opinions

I'll start:
I don't like 80s cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BQmBh-8QC6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But you’re not wrong, a lot of them have glaring problems, shitty plastics, and are recovering from the massive punch to the gut that was EPA standards.

Also, not many of them managed to have nice aesthetics.

There are people who ironically like 80's cars?

this isn't really an unpopular opinion, only a few 80s cars weren't absolute garbage

That applies to every decade.

I absolutely hate 80s cars but I can't say that anywhere out loud since we're now in a state of perpetual 80s cultural renaissance, I'll get blasted with "U DON'T LIEK 80S AESTHETICS, DEWD???//?"

me, u faggot ass bitch. you probably whip a faggy bmw

u 2 faglord

that's not really an opinion

fact

I prefer the Supra over the FD, even on a purely design basis.

I've never found another person who agrees with me.

Okay we get it. Gt86 looks better than both of them.

I don't like miatas and think any convertible is a waste of money.

RWB Porsches are p cool

This honestly.

Agree. Honestly I don't care for the JZA80 all that much don't dislike it but kind of neutral to it as a whole unless it happens to be just so. If we're speaking pure visuals I prefer the 70.

>Agree
>don't care for the JZA80 all that much

I'm confused. Unless you're implying you care for the FD even less?

Crossovers are a good design

I read that backwards shit my bad still waking up.

Miata's and Jeep Wranglers have a cult following yet they both are gay and everyone who likes them is always a cuck.
Only a cuck would drive a car that is synonymous with being feminine and slow.
Only a cuck would pay 30k plus for a 4 cyl shit SUV.

Them being called gay for the past 30 years doesn't mean nu-males can buy them and say "I don't car what people think its my car and I love it" and that somehow automatically makes them cool.

Whelp, told you you wouldn't agree.

>people who like German cars after 1992 can’t/don’t wrench
>light weight is overrated
>LS swapped Japanese classics are cool
>FWD is fine for performance cars
>the A70 Supra was better than the A80 and the sales prove it
>the S130 280ZX was a better car than the S30 Z
>most rotards are meme spewing Initial D kiddies
>I prefer white milk to chocolate
>Hillary Clinton deserved to lose to Donald Trump
>Saki got what she deserved in Emergence up until the last chapter

>>light weight is overrated
This. Absolutely this. People care way too much about weight.

Weight distribution matters more than curb weight. Say it with me.

Weight distribution matters more than curb weight.

>>the A70 Supra was better than the A80 and the sales prove it
Nope.

>>most rotards are meme spewing Initial D kiddies
Yep.

>>I prefer white milk to chocolate
Yes.

>>the S130 280ZX was a better car than the S30 Z
Fucking prove it.

That doesn't mean you like them....r-right?

Sounds like you have a bit of a complex there, friendo

>wahhh howrzpoerz is everything

>fucking prove it
Weighs less than a 280Z, more aerodynamic, lower center of gravity, less lift at speed, came with rear discs standard, better block and head design, introduced turbos from factory, and much more comfortable to drive

>>LS swapped Japanese classics are cool
Only point I disagree on.

There is a statement that goes with it tho

I like crossovers as a platform. They fill a very nice spot, being very well suited to areas like mine where AWD and increased ground clearance makes winter driving a bit easier, while having better MPGs and handling characteristics than a van, but also seating five folks relatively comfortable while having decent amounts of space for baggage

The issue is that the crossover is marketed and sold to a very wide group of customers, and very often its sold to people who would've been way better off with a sedan or a stationwagon. For some reason they've become what everyone wants, even if its just a couple who lives smack in the middle of the city, with no kids or interests that require them ever leaving the city

They are bought by rich folks who want the pen-ultimate in luxury, but something like an S-Class is better equipped, has way better handling characteristics and drive more comfy

They are bought by sports enthusiasts to lug around bikes, skiing equipment, surf boards or whatever, who then end up super cramped within the car. They'd be much better suited with something like a VW Transporter/Caravelle, which can even be had with AWD if there is an actual need

Summarised; good vehicles, but marketed towards & bought by a majority who does not need one

I'm saying you do or do not like how they look. I don't think it would exist if it didn't have a role to fill.

When did I ever mention horsepower?

I actually agree with this. The problem isn’t the design of the crossover, it’s the marketing that lauds them as being the automotive equivalent of the second coming of Jesus. The Jeep Grand Wagonner and the Eagle were both crossovers and people loved them

Ah, my own opinion on their looks?

They are very... "meh"
Quite a few are ugly, the absolute majority are bland as fuck. I don't know if I have ever seen one I'd call good looking

DELET THIS

The MK3 is more comfortable, has a much better interior, much more standard equipment, has a more timeless design, and it was more affordable GT. The MK4 wasn’t light or direct enough to be a pure sports car but wasn’t comfy or tech savvy enough to be a GT. I love the MK4’s potential but it was a confused car from the get go, and it was too expensive for the young crowd that wanted them and too wild for the old money Corvette crowd that could afford them

>making assumptions about your opposition

I'm on your side, 7M.

Fair enough, you make some very good points there.

You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. I get that you want to defend your 7M, but better interior is subjective, more standard equipment weighed it down which negates your next point, design is subjective, and more affordable to what end?

>wasn't light enough
Lighter than the A70.

>direct enough
>to be a "pure sports car"
Outhandled the FD and NSX in numerous tests. Reviewers everywhere considered it to be a "world class sports car by anyone's definition" when it came out, but I guess benchracing Initial D has corrupted the public.

>wasn't comfy or tech savvy enough to be a GT
What does this even mean. It's based off of the Soarer. It's as much or more of a GT as the GTO or Z32.

>confused car
No, it wasn't. Toyota knew their goals from the inception. Make a world class performance GT that can take on both sports and super cars, and they did. You want to see a confused car, try an S12.

>too expensive for the young crowd
If you're using this as a measurement of success, then I guess everything's a failure.

>too wild for old money
I don't even know how to respond to this. It was competing with the Corvette. And they weren't targeting old money to begin with.

Yeah, not a really unpopular opinion in the 4chins 2bh

>emergence
Don't remind me of this

Inspections are a good thing if implemented well. Emissions testing is a good thing for built up areas if implemented well. Individual motor transport ruined urban planning and will never be environmentally friendly, and we should aim to transform cities so that individual motor transport is only necessary in rural areas. People who unconditionally defend cars are a cancer upon the world.

I think the avalanche is a great looking truck

Yeah I'd buy an 80s barge

Mazda is boring and make mediocre cars

A non-turbo FC is better than a NA Miata in every way

>thinking I have a 7M
Kek

>lighter than the A70
It was still a 3400-3600 pound car depending on your options

>outhandled the FD
The FD was as nervous and skittish as a tweaker in a cop shop

>outhandled the NSX
forty thousand keks

>interior
The MK4 Supra’s interior wasn’t comfy, it had less options and tech, and the layout was a mess

>no u
It was a confused car

>everything’s a failure
The MK4 was a commercial failure. It was too expensive

>muh Vette performance
New Corvettes are primarily purchased by age group 40-60. That age group in the 90’s were boomers, and no boomer saved for years after the kids moved out for a Corvette just to buy an upstart Japanese car

Lol except for reliability, fuel economy, parts availability, handling, and power

>3400-3600
Nope. 3,100-3,400 depending on options.

>FD was a tweaker
At least we agree on something.

>NSkek
Yep. Outperformed on lateral Gs and slalom.

>wasn't as comfy
From personal experience, I take it?

>less options and tech
That was the point. Loading it with tech is what befell the Z32 and GTO. I own a Z32, and most owners remove that tech. There are many reasons the Supra's dead reliable, among them being keeping things simple.

>layout was a mess
Explain.

>no u
Not my fault you can't do research.

>all cars that get discontinued are failures
Every sports car of that era is dead now except the Impreza.

>no boomers
Exactly. 30 year olds who wanted grand touring fun for the money.

>the sales prove it
It became a more expensive car

>hilloli crinton deserved to win
The results say otherwise

>some weebshit bs
Youre an idiot

>better handling and power
No
>reliability
T. Afraid of the rotary meme

Z3 looks better than the z4

nibba....

More cars need to look like this

This is the greatest JDM wagon ever.

Better pic

Bimmer has mediocre design at best, even if they’re oddly powerful performance-wise for German landbarges. I especially hate how they force the fucking hitler ‘stache grill on every fucking model. Even their take on the meme wedge of the late 80s/early 90s had it and it looks terrible. I can never understand why everyone sucks BMW’s dick.

Same, though it's mostly my fanboyism for the Supra. Until recent, Ive never had a real reason as to why I've liked the Supra, aside from it looking cool as hell.

FD>A80

A70>FC

>people who like German cars after 1992 can’t/don’t wrench
scotty killmer/10
>light weight is overrated
yes
>LS swapped Japanese classics are cool
depends on the car
>FWD is fine for performance cars
depends on the car
>the A70 Supra was better than the A80 and the sales prove it
no
>>the S130 280ZX was a better car than the S30 Z
no
>most rotards are meme spewing Initial D kiddies
yes
>I prefer white milk to chocolate
eww gross
yes
>Saki got what she deserved in Emergence up until the last chapter
DELET

Subarus have always looked ugly as shit. Especially the WRXs.

i think fox body mustangs are cheap and gay looking

I like 80's cars with pop up headlights

any engine with more than one cylinder head is fucking shit

S130 may be better, but fuck if I don't prefer the S30 Z cars more sometimes looks are important. S130 is still a close second and I'm gonna scoop up the first decent one I find.

>TFW I've had two deals fall the fuck though on them

You're just reinforcing that it's an unpopular opinion, I don't get why you replied.

You're the first. Glad there's at least one other person out there who prefers it.

Motor takes boost well. That's the main reason I'd see aside from liking looks.

That's all the mainstream talks about though, I'm sick of it. I don't care that it can do 1,000 hp on stock internals, I like it for my own reasons, ree.

I want a fully electric Jeep Wrangler JL, but it probably won't happen. The most we will get will probably be a plug-in hybrid.

>why do other anons hate me
I like her desu

80s bikes are sex machines

>I think all the the gtrs are ugly and look incredibly bloated.
>Japanese cars in general are overrated (still like some of them)
>I don't care how fast a car can lap the nurburgring, or really any track
>The only good American cars are the 50-60's land barges with sexy and beautiful tail fins.

I agree with all your points.

They would be cool if it weren't for the rivet bodykit rice-on-steroids fucking C A N C E R

I want a Camaro

I think that supra is another of the most overrated jap cars. Only beaten by the gt-r's

Decent taste desu.
Agreed, it's a heavy pile of shit that handles worse than American cars

Haha, can't turn, right guise, I posted it again! Am I a sophisticated enthusiast yet? As long as I keep regurgitating misinformation and it gets me accepted by my peers that's all that matters, right?! HAHA, SO OVERRATED. LOL, IT CANT FO ANYTHING RIGHT, WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT. SO UGLY. THE SHIT I TOOK THIS MORNING LOOKS BETTER. JELLY BEAN JELLY BEAN JELLY BEAN JELLY BEAN SOAP SOAP SOAP SOAP SOAP MELTED SOAP, HEAVY BLOATED CANT TURN, THE TITANIC BLUSHES, WHEN YOI TURN IT OM TJE CAR CRRATES A BLACM HOLE FROM ALL THE FATTY MASS BEVAJSE ITS SJCJ A WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT AMIRITE GUISE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJSHBS FD FDFDFDFDFDFDFDNSXNSXNSXNSXNSXNSXNNSR32NSXNSXFD WHO COULD POSSIBLY LIKE THIS CAR, WHAT A BUNCH OF FAGHOTS NOT A DOSTINGUISHED GENTLEMEN LIKE I AM, I ONLY CARE ABOUT LATERAL GS PER DOLLAR, IF IM NOT CORNERING AT 3 GS ON TJE WAY TL TJE GROCERU STORT ITS A SJIT CAR, IF IM NOT SETTING LAP RECORDS ITS A SHIT CAR, IF KT WEIGJS MORE TJAN 50 LBS ITS A AHIT CAR AHAHAHHA I'M TJE BEST AT LIKING VARS BECAJSE I MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AND CAN REPEAT THINGS, DKD I MENTION IM BETTER TJAN YOI BEVAUSE K DON'T LIKE A CAR THAT WAS ONCE POPULAR LMAOROFL LITTERALLY DYING WHAT A PIHFATDISGUSTKNG CAR, WHO EVEN MADE KT, PIGYOTA? WHAT A BUNCJ OF JDIOTS JIST LIKE THEIR CONSUMERS, ONLY I KNOW WHAG A GOOD CAR IS AND KTS NOT THIS PIEVE KF SHIT, FICKING RX7 NSX SKYLINE MY DUDE LMAO, DOESN'T MATTER IF THEYRE ALL IM THE SAME BOAT, ONLY RHE SUPRA IS A POGFAT OVERJYPES PIEVE OF SHIT, NOT LKKE MY FAVKRITE CAR NO SIR, MINE IS ACTUALLY SUPERIOR AND I CAN PROVE OT WITH ALL THE UOBOATS I GET AHAHAHAHAHAHH, F40S, AMIRITE, WHK COILD POSSIBLY DISAGREE IMEITJ THAT, YOU CAN ONLY LIKE TJINGS FOR A CERTAIN REASON LMAOAMALAOSOKNFKEKJRJKWKODO

WHAT

A

SHITTY

CAR

Good thing you agree, maybe my original opinion wasn't as unpopular as I thought.

80's were bad but 90s are still cancer...

This isn't really unpopular though, look how much love the old Miata gets.

Fair point, but the Miata are too girly for me imo

mazda ruined the RX7 with the retarded meme engine

Crossplane V8s are actual fucking cancer and shouldn't exist.

>outbrakes everything in its time
>handles akin to the rx7, a 400kg lighter car
>lolcantturn
(tou)

this is not unpopular tho
80's bikes best bikes

You're the majority.

I appreciate your effort against the disinformation campaign, soldier. We salute you.

Fuck I don't even like 90s cars. The U.S got FUCKED with imported ones. Most of them are dog shit anyways. Fuck the Supra, but I honestly liked Nissan coupes in the 90s. das bout it for me

Minivans are great, and are certainly a preferable alternative to a crossover.

Transmission choice doesn't matter. It's all personal opinion.

Same, actually. Sadly modern crossover buyers are stupid female who are afraid to drive and want to sit higher and in more armour. Fuck em

So much this
>t. stick lover

>Fuck the Supra
y tho

Not even trying to start a fight, I just want to understand.

Kek, what FD/NSXfags believe.

there is nothing wrong with FF drivetrain

Yes
>Reliability
Yes
>Fuel economy
Sure
>parts availability
I'd say they're equal desu
>handling
Mehhhhh, they're so close it comes down really to the your tire choices. Both handle about the same
>power
FUCKING KEK. I owned a NA for a while and it was wayyyy slower than even my FB, which has 11 less horsepower than the FC in its lowest power trims. It does not in any way have more power than Miata holy shit

>Final Fantasy Drivetrain
youtube.com/watch?v=BQmBh-8QC6w

>I think V6s sound better than V8s, yet almost all of my dream builds would use V8s
>the Mid Night Club is insanely overrated; Big Red and the Banzai Runners shat on them, the former with a shit chassis and a fraction of the resources and the latter predating them by 20 years with way cooler and more diverse builds
>the Coyote is a criminally underrated engine
>I unironically support police, speed limits, emissions testing, noise caps, safety checks, etc. but I think a lot of the laws in place for them are stupid, albeit for completely different reasons than everyone else
>most people on here are just as big of faggots as your average Facebook-tier "car enthusiast"
>most normies are much better drivers than people give them credit for, shitty driving is 99% the result of shitty road planning and quality
>Canadians are a heavily under represented in bants on here and pretty much everything that applies to Americans applies to them too
>the autobahn is overrated and statistically is way more dangerous than people like to acknowledge, though most of the danger lies in certain design aspects and not shitty driving
>Germans are not perfect drivers and lane discipline is far from perfect
>truckers deserve absolutely no respect, they are he biggest shitheads on the planet
>road design makes "keep right" unreasonable and possibly unsafe 99% of the time on most roads in all but a few countries
>zipper merging is a good thing
>I'm hugely skeptical of traffic tickets existing purely for revenue generation outside of Ausfailia, Bongistan and some other select places and whether or not the government is making money off tickets entirely depends on the city/state/country

FB was the best looking RX7 and the FD is fairly ugly

this, I've owned an NA miata and two rx7s, an FB with a 12a and a non turbo FC, can confirm rx7s handle the same as the NA and have more room, more power and more comfy

This, FDs are way overrated.

Vans are fucking amazing

I don't like the sound of V8 expect at idle and near idle.