Why do people suddenly become retarded in the rain

What are some stories of retarded things you've done or seen when driving in the most patrician taste weather?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/maps/@51.3650566,-2.1417534,3a,75y,288.31h,81.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBmJhjp5BlUOKXSvAyh8ltA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>starts raining
>people start braking around corners
what is it people don't understand about the fact that if you are going too fast for a corner braking around it will only make things worse?

Hey man they're just trying to be takumi

me
>why do people drive retarded in the rain
>going of the highway onto a cloverleaf in a very nonchalant pace
>sudden takumi
>rear wheels try to overtake front (fwd)
> go into an ass slide flanked by jersey barriers
>hold it
>hold it
>hold it
>i am takumi
>car jerks as it regains traction

That was fun, also never again.
Literally no warning, just a snap of the fingers. Week before I upgraded my rear tyres anyway but I guess experiences like this make people hesitant.

not turning on headlights when it's raining really fucking hard because the sun is technically in the sky behind the clouds

Drove my ae86 on the freeway for 100 miles with worn out tires, a leaking sunroof, questionable wiring, barely functional front wipers, and rusted wheel well in one of the worst rainstorms in socal. Every semi caused me to drift into the next lane. The floor of the car was completely soaked. The wheel well accumulated about 3 gallons of water that was just sloshing around. My pop ups broke and my intake was gulping water bad. The seat and my back and head were completely drenched by the time I got to work. Had to strip the carpeting to let it dry later. Would do it again though. Felt like I was on a fucking ship on the verge of sinking in a hurricane or some shit.

Surprisingly, that day traffic was actually moving. Usually people slow down and cause a six hour delay because weather is foreign in CA.

Get those disgusting feet off of the dash

>speeding on dual lane section of highway
>some cunt overtakes me
>whatever i have cruise control on and this is the speed i wanna go
>get to the part where it goes back to one lane
>they slow down to the speed limit
>follow them for a while
>hit heavy fog and they slam on their brakes to fucking 20km/h

why are people such utter fuckheads

It's very easy to tell who's a seasoned Floridian (no such thing as a native floridian) as we still drive like crazy mother fuckers in practical hurricanes.

The transplants and snow birds floor the fucking breaks the second a rain drop hits their hood. Anything more than a light drizzle and they pull onto the shoulders with their hazards on.

C'mon user, she just wants to rest her feet after a long day at the beach with you

>with you
Nice joke
Now get those smelly disgusting feet on some footwear and never do that again

I though my 80's shitbox daily was bad. Fixing a rusted wire on my right tailight doesn't seem so bad now.

Fuck rain, SNOWFALL is upon us.

Slam the brakes when a cloudburst occurs, especially Germans do this
>weedland, so always completely grey skies as if it's about to rain
>drive on highway, limit is 130km/h, do 140-150
>German flies past doing maybe 200km/h
>cloudburst
>dutchies too busy with their phones to notice anything anyway
>easy off the gas myself till I'm driving 130
>German slams brakes, swerves onto the middle line and keeps driving on it
>he now drives only 90km/h
For fucks sake, just because your Autobahn gets flooded when it rains doesn't mean everyone uses shitty tarmac that doesn't let through a single drop of water. I expected Germans would be better at safely driving on the highways than others

Autobahns are the highest quality tarmac in Europe stretching from horizon to horizon of solid excellence. It's more efficient aswell. If it's dry, which is 95% of the time, you can go 300+. On average over the year, you'll be going faster on the autobahn than on weedbahn. You have to think german.

Diaspora Germans are the worst,

except for Belgians. Those fuckers reallllllllly can't drive for shit. Like, what's going on there. Too add insult to injury they are completely oblivious
about their own ineptitude.

>daily the highway that connects the first world to Maastricht.
>just end my sorrow

>Autobahn
>Highest quality tarmac

Shiggy diggy woop woop

>You can go 300+

>Not constant Stau and roadworks
>Not constant two lanes and overtaking Truckers
>Confirmed for never Autobahn

Weedbahn is superior. Turtle and hare etc.

don't be salty user

German here. can confirm. all people here do is accelerate to top speed with their diesel audis and panic if something happens. And don't get me startet on inner city traffic. The only thing that germans can do is driving in a streight line at 200km/h.

Autobahn < weedbahn.
It's a known fact.
Also: newcar tax is ridiculous high in the Netherlands and car-ownership tax is ridiculous high in the Netherlands and fuel tax is ridiculous high in the Netherlands. All to pay for silky smooth perfect infrastructure. That ends as soon as you cross the border.

>Canada
>behind bmw on back road
>it begins to snow
>bmw pulls over immediately
>pull over too because I thought he might need help
>hes on phone with 911 freaking out
>turns out he's a refugee
>first time seeing snow
>thought he'd slide off the road and die

>>Autobahns are the highest quality tarmac in Europe stretching from horizon to horizon of solid excellence.
No, plenty of Autobahns are just concrete plates. That's understandable though, Germany has a much less denser population than the Netherlands and thus less people per km of highway.
>>It's more efficient aswell. If it's dry, which is 95% of the time, you can go 300+.
>Germany
>dry 95% of the time
pick one
>>On average over the year, you'll be going faster on the autobahn than on weedbahn.
Nope, average speed on the Autobahn is often lower. Having a speed limit has a psychological advantage as people perceive it as a target speed. You'll still have faggots doing 10 under, but that's still 120km/h. Plenty of grannies and retards in Germany overtake trucks while going 100km/h. And even when these aren't around, you still can't go 300+ since some boiracer thinks his diesel Audi or Golf is the fastest car around at 170km/h. One time I was stuck behind some midlife crisis retard in a AMG going 180 because he didn't want to move over for an old Volvo 740. While that 740 sped of after the retard finally had reached his exit.
Car ownership tax is pretty retarded here, a brand new 1.0L ecoshit costs more in tax than it's 20 year old 2.0L predecessor simply because it's heavier. It's the government's own fault the average car in the Netherlands is more than 10 years old

>Driving home one day
>Pissing down rain, wipers on full blast but I still can't see anything besides water and taillights
>Heavy traffic in every lane, I'm in the far right which is the only one moving at all
>Dumbass in Evo whips out in front of me from a dead stop
>Stomp brakes, slide but thankfully ABS grinds me to a halt an inch from his bumper
>Proceed to have autistic meltdown the rest of the way home thinking about how bad it could've been if I'd hit him

OC from the other week.

>Refugee in a bimmer
That sounds about right.

>little to no windshield visibility
>car behind them in mirror
>they're actually driving

I feel sorry for you guys, in the Netherlands the most important subject of driving lessons is how to keep the flow of traffic intact by allowing people to merge.
Germans are way to principle about rules, if somebody's on an on ramp, they won't take their foot of the gas or switch lanes if possible so he can merge. And those on an on ramp stop at the end instead of continuing on the shoulder.
In the Netherlands you have to give other people space to merge if it's reasonable possible or you can get ticketed for dangerous driving.
Same kind of things happen in the city, dutchies will stop and let somebody from a side road in despite having right of way. Here people realize that easing up on the gas is much less disruptive for traffic than blocking someone on an on ramp or letting a traffic jam build up in a city.
In addition to that Germans are completely unable to understand foreign road rules such as traffic hour lanes. You have them around München but in the Netherlands they'll stay on the middle lane while going slower than trucks in the rush hour lane. Every few hundred meters there's a dynamic sign illustrating that you're allowed to enter that lane and a large fucking green arrow on the matrix sign above the lane. Even when everyone else is switching to the rush hour lane, they refuse to because hurrdurr the gubberment said we can't cross continues lines.
The only thing gerries are better at is not looking at their fuckin facebook while driving

A speed sensor of mine was out, and so all traction and stability control was disabled. I have summer tires, it was raining and a cold front came in.

I drive a 4000lb Mustang GT

I drive in the Hill Country daily.

I was Initial D: Takumi on Ice in 3D: The Movie: The Musical: The Game

>Maryland
Looks pretty normal

highways in france are much better quality, arguably the best in europe from what i've seen (and you'd expect them to be considering how expensive the fucking tolls are)

How do you even do that?

it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand

>Be lube monkey
> teenager comes in with 03 mustang soft top
>alleges co-worker mounted his tire wrong and now the suspension is broken
>Get keys, get in car, start up auto POS and see xmas lights all over dash, CEL, ABS, T/C
>lift up car inspect P/F tire
>flat spot on to brand be Michelin Pilot Sports with belts exposed
>tire mounted incorrectly is the first of a bible length of problems
>sway bar bushings so worn I can see through them due to flex, front brakes at 10% life, ball joint loose, shocks leaking, both rear bearings noisy, every fluid leaking the whole 9 yards
>check history on vehicle, it was never here customer dropped off 2 rims to have new tires mounted a week ago
>customer installed them and drove for the last 7 days 5 of which in constant rain
>grab service manager tell him have fun explaining it to the boy wonder
>30 mins later this shitbox is still in my bay and customer demands to speak to me
>claims it's our fault still because he checked the tire pressure after installing the tires and we set them to 30 psi instead of OEM 35 psi
>bite my tongue explain we aren't required to set them to OEM pressure because we didn't even know what the aftermarket rims were going on
Why didn't you inflate them moron before driving, I'm thinking but I continue to let him rant
>now he starts questioning my skill because my service manager told him the car requires additional work and is currently unsafe based on my 5 min inspection
Hell no H20
>step by step tell him and show him what's broken and worn and he still argues with me claiming he bought it from his "mechanic" "friend" 2 weeks prior for $7000 and was told it was perfect except for tires
>got a safety certificate from the guy before replacing the old worn tires

I told him straight up whoever wrote the safety should have their license pulled and please give me their name so I can report them to the governing body for the trade.
>kid goes quiet finally, realises we aren't going to give him a dime

Usually when it hasn't rained in a while, the roads collect oil, especially around street light intersections.
That's why the first rain after a while is the slickest. All that oil floating on the surface of the water. It's really bad in Texas. We'll sometimes go a month or more with no rain.
People will get into accidents on the first day, but on the second or third day of rain, we get better control.

Almost died on that road last summer.

Ffs why did you bring it back.

>suddenly become retarded

> No such thing as native Floridians

Fite me m8

>getting your car wet

Is this pasta?

It's because the government teaches them to brake when exiting a corner for some reason

I live in what has become a very Asian part of Orange County, so whenever it rains, all the slopes and chinks here on H1bs corner brake and proceed to drive 15 under, it's absolute madness.

>mild rain
>darkness
>this scares the safe and responsible normie
>get the road more or less to myself
>have fun doing handbrake turns in upper class neighbourhoods

>live in California
>driving in rain in shitbox F150 with my brother
>Driving 70 in some intense rain
>boomer starts tailgating me in a brand new Mercedes
>heavy traffic so im in the carpool lane
>boomer gets really close and it starts creeping me out because he can slam into me if i have to brake
>a clearing in traffic to the right
>boomer goes in for pass with the engine down shifting.
>he starts hydroplaning next to me
>ohshit.mp3
>my only choice is to get ahead of him before he eats shit
>he loses control and slams into the center divider
>laughing my ass off as he disappears behind me

fucking nice

>new winter tires, no grip compared to summers
>mad skids everywhere despite trying not to
>slight drizzle makes the road damp
>even less grip that was already non-existent
>drift practically every corner I come to

Rip me when it actually snows, traction control will be my best friend. It's not like I can't catch the slides and drift them out, but cops hate it.

And yes I do know what throttle control is, but where's the fun in that?

>expecting normies to know anything about car physics

jesus christ don't even get me started on those fuckheads, ITS A FUCKING THUNDERSTORM NOT THE GREAT DELUGE YOU SENILE CUNTS REEEEEEEEEEE

SUPER ULTRA MEGA ROTARY DORIFTO

>be me
>take this exit off the roundabout google.co.uk/maps/@51.3650566,-2.1417534,3a,75y,288.31h,81.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBmJhjp5BlUOKXSvAyh8ltA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
>somehow there's a car upside down & facing the wrong way in the opposite lane just before the island
>mfw i spend the next 5 minutes waving people to slow down while repeatedly saying 'how?'
>i still haven't figured it out

As someone from Michigan who's visited Florida, I've noticed the rain falls a lot harder than what were used to up north. The rain drops are a lot bigger so it seems worse than what it actually is, so I can see why people who aren't used to that get concerned

Texans are guilty of this. they actually drive FASTER in the rain because their retarded inbred logic is
>i gotsa git outta this weather asap!
so they drive like literal retards and probably crash

What I don't understand is why everyone drives with their headlights off in the rain. Don't you know how hard it is to see you in the mirrors on an overcast day?

It's kinda funny if you ignore that people get themselves killed because of it, as soon as a drop of rain falls down everyone is overtaken by a collective retardation like its their 6-year old kid behind the wheels

total newfag here, please forgive me. why is braking during corners bad?

>hit patch of water
>steering wheel jerks
normal, r-r-right?

Tires only like doing one thing at a time.

Heavy braking mid corner forces your tires to put up with both cornering and braking forces at the same time. Its a good way to unbalance the FUCK out of a car.

Your tires can only give so much traction. In a straight line you can break traction by stomping on the brake. You can also break traction by steering too hard
If you're turning the wheel at the limit of traction then intoduce braking you'll lose traction

Ah, thank you for explaining.

I break going into corners. People in my area are FUCKING MORONS and tend to cross not at the cross walk but dart inbetween cars . I rather break into a corner than be sued by some fucking moron

brake*
sorry ...English isn't first language

>post yfw it starts to rain and your open wheel diff is now a certified LSD, your tired old engine feels like a formula atlantic 4AGE and your sloppy suspension is like highly tuned race coilovers compared to the road surface traction

I love the rain.

;_;? I hate my car in the rain. The tires already tramline like hell and in the rain it's even scarier.

the best part of driving in the rain is mild acceleration mid corner. Having summer tires in cold, wet weather also helps.

LSD says "OH FUCK YEAH" and both rear wheels spin at the same rate and its akinadorifto.jpeg from there on out.

I don't know what you are on about, in Michigan people drive like lunatics in rain and snow
then again I don't know anyone from Michigan who ventures into Florida, and I haven't driven in Florida rain so who knows.

>driving home in rain in old shitbox corolla
>take the earlier exit into my suburb because the corner has a nice flow to it
>trailbrake, downshift, turn in
>rear end steps out the tiniest bit before throttle
"that's all it takes for guaranteed doubles!"
>slap all 60 horses down
>launches out of the corner sideways with the engine screaming at the top of its powerban

Truly a different beast on dirt or wet.

I spun out yesterday in my slow FF shitbox driving in the rain. Wasn't even going that fast but I took the corner too sharp and the arse-end slipped out.

>spinning out
>not reacting fast enough to turn it into a sick drift (until it aggressively grips up cause FF)

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!

Oh yeah she gets to rest while I gotta deal with California stop and go traffic in a manual yeah fuck off user

I figure it's because so many people are taught by their parents/driving instructor to SLOW DOWN IN THE WET, with no specific indication of just how much slower you have to drive, or what is involved in wet weather driving aside from GOTTA GO SLOW.

Its the WORST in Phoenix.
It never rains here so when it does, all the oil and shit comes up and makes the roads extra slick. Add that onto some of the worst drivers in the country and you got a recipe for disaster.

Trail-braking, my man.