/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous general #179

Edition: Let it die in peace!

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

>3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.

I just got the news that it has been delayed until the end of july or AUGUST. HAhahahahash. Fuck you guys and fuck this money scam. Just came here to laugh at you.

Call Chris and tell he's a liar.

I'm partially laughing at myself too cause I spent $120 a year and a half ago on the cutlass red, I think it was called. If I could get my money back I would. Joked a lot that this game would be fully completed by 2020, now it's clear it never will be complete and it will remain a demo to test Chris' wild farts in the wind.

Is he right, /scg/?
inb4 get out reddoo reeeee

There is still small positive thing that Chris is not Cleve. I'm not going into details, you might or might not know who Cleve is and why is relevant suddenly.

However it is sad to see years change and SC is no closer to anything playable than it was 3 years ago.

is cleve the jewish banker to which cig is deeply indebted to

>thread can barely stay alive
>lel lets have 2 of them xd
good going, fags

Mostly. Chris giving out ridiculous time estimates to the public is entirely on him, but the deadlines and delays in the schedule report (i.e., their internal dev schedule) is normal. Aggressive internal deadlines for developers is bog standard.

What space games have you guys been playing lately?
Could you recommend some to kill time before 3.0? got bored of Erectile Dysfunction once again.
I like exploring weird places and finding out relatively hidden stuff, but I'd prefer something more elaborated than Space Engine, light combat-focus I can tolerate as well as some trading/crafting/industry of course, I don't mind early access shit at this point, HOTAS support is a considerable plus.

Try Space Engine. It's not a game but really great way to explore real space inside your computer. Especially if you tweak the graphical settings right. I haven't downloaded a new version for over year but when you listen to comfy music and check out some sights.

Better than space trucking...

Can healing limpets save the Keelback?

>Haven't looked at star shitizen news since like the new year
>That fucking loan "scandal" cooked up by Derek """Smart""" and the goons

God damn I didn't realize I miss reading this retarded shit. I wonder if smart knows how close he came to CIG having him dead to rights if they felt like it.

Judging by the internal schedule they are putting out it's pretty much how shit goes. Every game dev is like "bro we can make this shit in like 2-3 days/weeks/months/years no problem" and then it ends up taking 6 because it turns out game development is hard when you're not just slapping together middleware.

Replacing the fighter bay with a huge weapon mount and make it show up as a Type-6 on contacts, turn it into a proper Q-Ship.

Also "Utility" fighterbay ships, for mining/prospecting, repair/refuel/restock, shuttle to transfer cargo to outposts or between ships.

A fighter is worth a lot more fire power than a huge weapon isnt it?

I'm hoping for an alternative to the Vulture. Huge weapon mount, 2 smalls, roughly the same maneuverability, except probably with the yaw and pitch switched since the Keelback has those two swivel mounted thrusters.

Why the Keelback specifically?

Only with an Elite AI pilot, which is too easy to lose permanently in something as weaksauce as a keelback.

Its a really cool looking, yet really terrible ship, for just about every current role. Hopefully combat medic could be it niche, since it has the most slot space of any of the small combat ships, and so can fit a lot of limpets.

>small combat ships

It's a medium ship tho... And the >Asp beats it out at everything.

eggheads

Mostly yes, a typical AAA game would only give you a deadline when the current version is satisfying enough and start making the marketing plans.
Then the game would cut off any unstable features (which I suspect are made now made into DLC) until it fit the deadline.

But Chris Robert have nobody to answer to, make ridiculous release claims but wouldn't authorize it before it's complete.

Players who until now have been used to only discover a game exist when it do release now have to get used to development making back & forth.

She is pretty cute, yeah way to much forehead but that is what hair is for, to hide that shit.
They said they were working on proper long hair but I will believe it when I see it.

Will this actually be the date?

I called late August during june

I would think they are gunning for a release asap by now

Getting a friend into Elite:Dangerous. Is there any point to having him just come along in my ship? can I have him permanently in my ship or does he have to transfer over every time

It's "virtual presence", so he can join you any time from anywhere.

Your 'game' is stillborn, deal with it but it's not too late to join the master race : Eve Online ;-)

>make it show up as a Type-6 on contacts, turn it into a proper Q-Ship

You should be able to mod the engines on all ships to fool sensors into thinking its something else while in supercruise. Make an FAS look like a Type-7.

When the fuck is the carrack reclaimer orion crucible and polaris going on sale? Will there be a fucked price increase now past 350 bucks?

Is the PS4 version worth getting at this time? Mainly concerned about population, not too bothered by any framerate issues.

Why is the type-6 so great?

Probably. Can't let people buy a 350 dollar jpeg for only 250 after all

Cheap and efficient small freighter, great jump range when empty. Asp explorer can do everything better but at about 10x the cost.

I also like the whole utilitarian aspect of it with the exposed pipes on the sides and the control panels in the cockpit.

They're not. They want to release just in time for Gamescom.

They've been """"holding back X content for [Insert Event Y]"""" for years, and even then they always miss that deadline too.

Not only that, but we're only talking about the shitty, barebones version of some small moons and a few bases, not the actual 3.0 they were harking about forever. They can't even get this 3.0 Lite out on time. This shit is retarded.

If they wanted 3.0 for gamescom they'd just extend the testing time and make up fake "blockers". The fact they keep delaying even the *start* of testing even though it risks shooting themselves in the foot if a real issue comes up suggests they're not doing this intentionally.

i booked a 4 month holiday in europe and jokingly thought "maybe 3.0 will be out by the time I get back" (25th august). Now itÅ› the projected release date. oy vey.

Which ship will let me live out my fantasy of being a floating brick with guns?
Federation Gunship, or the Corvette?

So pretty much, 3.0 will come out in time for CitizenCon? When is that again? October or something?

If they can't get a stripped down 3.0 with 3 shitty NMS-tier moons out within a month of Gamescom (reminder: 1 year, 365 days after it was announced), I'd just say abandon ship.

October 27th.
We wont get anything of value before christmas is my guess.

THE CITY OF STAR CITIZEN

Gunship is more of a brick.

>he didn't get a Banu Merchantman when they were $250
>he still hasn't gotten a Cutlass before the 3.0 price increase
roflmao

>>he still hasn't gotten a Cutlass before the 3.0 price increase
Yes I have.

At this point I just want a 600i.
I missed out on the Polaris, so I'm hoping they make something of similar size again. I'm still holding out for something along the lines of a nuke sub.

Good on you user, you will be making bank with it once 3.0 comes out.

600i better be on concept before gamescom, CIG has been so lazy with the origin brand, even though its probably the most interesting one imo.

Buying the FDL when I already had an Anaconda and a Python is my third biggest regret. Spending the time to try and engineer it is my second biggest regret. Buying E:D is my biggest regret.

lol just play elite dangerous roblox clones

What?

What do you think, guys? Should CIG delay 3.0 another 6 months to fix their shit?

Yes, just for lulz.

Man I called this shit happening at the start of the year once it became clear that 3.0 was venturing into full-blown overhaul territory.

>Hey guys we're going to redo the physics, lighting, netcode, and grid system all whilst trying to do shit that's basically never been done
>In 3 Months

lmao to anyone who actually bought into that fucking time table.

you know, first i was fucking happy that we gonna get the whole stanton system with 3.0. But then they said they are just giving us 3 moons and one landing zone in the. I just hope they fixed the fucking network and physics because this would be just embarrissing. If they need some time fine, but i hope they will use the time to make something working.

I just want to play 3.0.

Boy am I having fun.

Is the game good now? Should i buy the expansions?
t. someone who bought the game on impuse a few years ago.

I'm talking about ED.

I really hope to god they start giving us more regular updates after the delta patcher is out.

Game's still garbage. Expansions are a complete waste of money.

You must put in some work to get fun, son.

Fucking drones. I have no idea why I ever look in that place anymore.

he's not wrong redditor

God this game fills me with anger; mostly the fact that I paid money for this shit. I paid money to wait almost half a fucking hour to earn 300k measly credits. And the hapless fuckwits at FD totally intend for this to be all the game offers. So much rage.

Muh instant gratification.

You'd have to be a goon to think that Chris is just being a shifty jew trying to gobble up shekels. The guy isn't trying to con people, and he's not malicious. I'm perfectly okay with CIG trying to incentive new backers. More money is a good thing. It means the project has a better shot at success.

I don't have a problem with them delaying 3.0 until Gamescom, either, I just wish he'd admit that's what they're doing. Instead we get "haha I know this feature was supposed to be complete last Monday but it looks like we ran into some 'minor blockers' and now it's delayed for two weeks!"

Seriously, this shit better stop once we get the delta patcher. These huge monolithic updates aren't good for the project, since it means less user feedback relative to amount of work done.

What should I and can I do in Elite: Dangeorus? I'm kind of overwhelmed by everything.

Grind, shoot some dads, quit for a few months, repeat.

i mean all the evidence over the last 30 years is that chris roberts is an overambitious dork who micromanages way too much and can't keep his fucking trap shut all of which has caused problems both in the past and probably the present but apparently that's not good enough for some people.

Sandi is a shifty jew trying to gobble up shekels. Chris is letting her call the marketing shots.
They LIED TO US at the last gamescom about the state of 3.0 the is no way they were anywhere near a 3.0 release and they knew that and they misled us intentionally to hype a sale.
That is bullshit. And they are continuing to lie to us about schedules, and oh look how convenient it is that things got delayed just enough for a hype date launch, Its almost as if the hype date is calling the launch window. And you know what, 3.0s gonna be a big load of nothing, its still gonna be 24 player instances which mean's you'll still be playing a solo game because you can get friend into those tiny lobbies, and when you do they crash and you're back to square one.

He is wrong, alienating your backers in pursuit of marketing gimmicks is exactly the sort of MBA shittery we crowdfunded this to avoid.

We have had no major content updates for more than a year. we KNOW that an absolute shitload of content is in fact ready to go and its all being held back for a flash release. Which we all know is going to crash and burn, becasue CIGs patches ALWAYS crash and burn at first. Its going to be a massive bloated patch with a hundred things that should have been added incrementally pushed all at once, its going to get a truncated PTU period to hit a hype deadline instead of going on PTU when ready for as long as its needs to.

Tell me what happens when the hype release they have been hyping and hanging everything on for 18 months is an unplayable crashing half tested mess in which you still cannot play with your friends and half the feature of the promised release have been cut? There are TENS or HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE watching the 3.0 release as the bellweather for SCs future because that is what CIG has been saying and the community has been repeating for literally a YEAR. What are the optics of that.

>CIG is delaying 3.0 until gamescom so they can sell ships!
>3.0 will release unfinished and they're going to shorten the testing period to get it out before it's ready
pick one.

Both.

I'm saying its going to be released at gamescom ready or not. Development state is not driving the release. Marketing is.

They're refusing to release it and letting features pile up and keep getting tacked onto 3.0 because they're done or near done because 3.0 has been delayed so long that some stuff which was supposed to come later has been completed. The release date has become arbitrary, based on an external event. As a result compromises will be made to hit the release date, ready or not. Can you Imagine the shitstorm in 3.0 is not ready for Gamescom? Citcon? Because they have not been doing the incrmental releases they said they were going to all eyes are not on 3.0 nothing else matters becasue there is nothing else. we cannot point at 2.7 and say well this is pretty good I can wait a while longer. They have cornered themselves with this, and if it is anything but perfect its going to be a huge shitstorm, and even if its perfect its going to be a letdown for people who only check in now and then, becasue the stuff that made 3.0 into 3.0 instead of just being 2.7 are long gone.

It has been delayed to hit a specific date, due to that delay more thing keep getting added, even as other are not ready and are being cut. This flux of the contents and timetable of the patch creates a need for more testing, you cannot just tack a block of code onto a release and expect stability. This testing may or may not fit within the release window planned and the window cannot be changed. Thus the patch is both artificially delayed and also faces a potential lack of vetting.

Imagine if they released some of the features promised for 3.0 without the rest of them. Imagine how much people would flip their shit about how "CIG lied about 3.0! It's missing this and this and this!" Even a hypothetical 2.7 would have caused a shitstorm. "Wow, they delayed 3.0 for this 2.7 patch? 3.0 is never coming out."

Anyway, I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I also can't really blame them for holding off. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't (largely because Chris hadn't learned to keep his mouth shut until very recently). Releasing patches is currently pretty fucking expensive for CIG. I really hope they rework their 3.x plan and we get more frequent, smaller patches after the delta patch is released.

Chris shooting his mouth off was the exact same marketing bullshit I am talking about though. Them doing this exact same shit last year in connection with the Polaris sale is what state this whole charade.

They cornered themselves with their own Jewish cleverness. Thats what I'm trying to get across they need to stop this shekel chasing bullshit of tying patches to sales becasue its is literally intefering with the development process. The alpha patch schedules has been fucked with for at least the past year. What has development priority as well. All to artificially attach ships sales, hype events and anticipation of content releases. All the while we the whales prove time and again that we are willing to hurl money at CIG any time they show us a new JPEG. This bullshit is unnecessary and it is actively hurting the game. We didn't get a 2.7 release(whish is at then end of the day what were actually getting now), it got hyped into 3.0 and then delayed forever, because sandi wanted to sell more polaris hulls, which we were all gonna buy anyway.

I dont like the warbond sales but you dont hear me bitching about it much either, becasue at the end of the day it doesnt interfere. This whole 3.0 fiasco/saga was literally caused by the marketing team fucking with the dev schedule so they could hype 3.0 a year before it was realistically ready, and that fuckery has now directly slowed development by complicating the release. And raising expectations so high they cannot be met, which in turn puts pressure on CIG to deliver perfection and more content which make them more inclined to push releases back.

>walls of text with no substance
this is an imageboard post jpegs

>want to be stealthy and not have the giant ER signature associated with energy weaposn
>but also don't want to carry around a bunch of ammo

get a spear.

>hand to hand combat and ship ramming are a thing in sc
it feels so good

cig is implementing ragdoll physics to those black and red wires

>ragdoll physics
Something having physics doesn't mean it's ragdoll physics.

I assure you it'll be announced at Gamescom along with the "gamechanger ship" in some half-baked pre-roll ad like they did with the Polaris.