/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1294

■ Current Update (7/5): 「ファンタシースター感謝祭2017 ONLINE」Part4
bumped.org/psublog/face-a-more-powerful-phantom-battoruship-yamato-as-episode-4-comes-to-an-end/
pso2.jp/players/event/5th_anniversary/online/webevent/02/

■ Heroes: EPISODE 5 starting 7/26
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-hero-class-preview/
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-5-buster-quests/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=i_boostevent
├ Google: google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Advance Notice (JP): twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Current Scratches: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Eccentric Girls (until 7/26)
├ Tropical Summer Ocean (until 8/9)
└ [SG] Mother Cluster Imitation (until 12/13)

■ Current Collection Files
├ Phantom God (Zeinesis series, until 11/1)
├ Majestic/Phantom Battoruship (until 11/29)
├ Revolutio 2 (until 2018/3/7)
└ Aura (until 2018/3/21)

□ FAQs, Lilipans, Guides, (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information/News: bumped.org/psublog/
├ Basic English Patch: pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/
└ Buy AC using PSO2es: pastebin.com/raDBtSpa

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Trees: arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affixing: pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage Calculator: 4rt.info/psod/

□ Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XiD1OunQddE
youtu.be/p2PlaI2roK0
twitter.com/RandY_1213
youtube.com/watch?v=G99xqxlhJEw
youtube.com/watch?v=K0uxCtK7v9w
youtube.com/watch?v=nyO-FzxjFLg
twitter.com/nitoro01/status/883909969896022016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to spit on bow's grave in ep5

Lisa

Reminder to spit on FO's grave in ep5

People shouldn't be allowed to play classes I don't like

>guy isn't even 80
Guess how good the units are

gathering material storage $15 for 30 days? wtf who would pay for this shit

whaels probab

QUICK!!
Sega just hired you as their new speaker and its your job to defend their shitty business practices and balance decisions

How would you defend the pricing of this notprem, pay2use storage

Just shut up and give up your shekels, goy.

There's always the old "no one is forcing you to buy it" chestnut

the sad part is that if it were 500 I probably would pay for it every month

There was another bit on the material storage slide that said something about 2500 (the number of slots it seems to have initially) and then something about 65000 items

Anyone know what that was about? Expansion? Something else?

>Implying level 80 means anything
Autism doesn't make you special

Did you know that you get exp for playing the game

>Salty because SEGA doesn't want to give you 14star for being an asswipe
>Making fun of new players for being new

you can have a full set of qliphad gear and still only be 75

I'm actually making fun of him for those affixes

>new players should get the best gear and make no good use with it
>older players should stick with what they have and never get newer better stuff
i hate mmorpgs

But a ton of pros already have 14stars so I have no idea what you're talking about

is it really that many compared to the mountains of bad players with them?

>Someone else besides me got a lucky drop
>How dare they do something they technically have no control over!
>New players should't have the same opportunity we OLDER players have!
you're retarded

What rings should I use as Te/Hu? I was thinking Killing Bonus for the right ring since I've already got a +20 from my melee classes, but I don't know if I should use Tech Charge Parry or Wand E Change for the left ring.

The guy had a full set of izane, he wasn't a new player

better someone gets that will put it to use than someone who might just throw it away

The whole group of players who have 14* isn't anything even approaching a "mountain"

From what i've seen about 3/5 of the older players have 14star

That sure is a lot of speculation you two are making based off of seeing some items and not talking to the person.

>14* drop rate is around 0.003%
>3/5 of people have them
??????????

You keep on using your calculator and hope for 14star collection files buddy

Wand Element Change is useful early on but eventually you'll want fill out the elements you want/need and it'll become mostly useless then

Only Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband are given exceptions, meaning if you cast Zanverse or Megiverse you'll get forced to wind and dark whether you intended to or not

Tech Charge Parry is a pretty solid choice though. Step Jump and Air Reversal are worth a consideration maybe.

>should
Its RNG though. Stop being a little salty bitch.

youtu.be/XiD1OunQddE
youtu.be/p2PlaI2roK0
twitter.com/RandY_1213
youtube.com/watch?v=G99xqxlhJEw
Neek

Lazy to keep on listing but there's a ton of people who keep it on the downlow

>Only Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband are given exceptions, meaning if you cast Zanverse or Megiverse you'll get forced to wind and dark whether you intended to or not
Zondeel will change it too. Zondeel especially.

Yeah, the idea of trying to use all of the area spells and accidentally changing my element sounds like a hecking mess.

Do you have any advice for getting those wands? Should I just build a nice cheap set of 10 stars or something and then replace them with better ones as it seems appropriate or the opportunities present themselves?

>youtu.be/XiD1OunQddE
EPD spotted
>youtu.be/p2PlaI2roK0
The Katana GOD
>twitter.com/RandY_1213
EPD FoGu god
>youtube.com/watch?v=G99xqxlhJEw
Meh
>Neek
Does he even play Ranger at all?

It doesn't really matter what you do until you get up to XH range and can start on collect files, honestly

Find some 12* or whatever in the shop that look good until then

How do you even do a rainbow set with collection files? They're all fixed-element, aren't they?

I swear when I see another t h i c c rappy...

You can buy items to change a weapons element for pretty cheap assuming it's not a light change

Does every class need rainbow sets?

only tech users and dual blade bouncers
Though honestly despite what people say it's not like it's a hard requirement for bouncer

Woah, seriously? That's awesome. Thanks for the help, user.

If you don't mind getting half the power that elemental stance gives you, sure

just use bootz

You're losing enough damage by picking Bouncer instead of a good class, at least use the proper weapons.

Yes, hello, did someone say 14*?

>retard who can't even take a screenshot gets a 14*
sasuga

worthy
youtube.com/watch?v=K0uxCtK7v9w
youtube.com/watch?v=nyO-FzxjFLg

Why can't SEGA make PPC as broken as LB? Why does FI deserve better than FO/TE?

boots are a more proper weapon than dual blades will ever be

So is it safe to say that only retards get 14*s? I mean this guy can't even take a picture right.

You're barking up the wrong tree. The closet analogue to Limit Break that Fo/Te has is Photon Flare, making that somewhat broken would actually make sense.

blame ps4

Fighter isn't exactly the cornerstone for balance. They went overboard on force unless for some reason one of the aoe techs being buffed becomes good for single target but it deserved to be nerfed or everything else buffed to its level. Sending force back to early ep3 is a bit harsh though.

>blame PS4
Do you know what that "Share" button on your Dual Shock does?

>All these people salty because they don't have a 14*

Yes

Photon Flare literally was Limit Break for Forces before EP3. It even reduced your maximum HP.

Thing is, it was always just raw T-ATK rather than a damage modifier so in comparison it was rather crap. Plus before you had to dive into the worthless Freeze Mastery tree branch and there were all sorts of other problems

Force doesn't need limit break when it has ppc and compounds which will still be a thing but less common usage, I hope they make safoie0 and nafoie strong as shit

>twitter.com/nitoro01/status/883909969896022016
Autism

Whatever happened to Fo/Fi and Fo/Br

>state of the game right now

It's very fair that bouncer needs to put up with this shit to be able to do their mediocre damage everywhere while Fighter can shit on everything after a single round of sheets.

What?

You'll do what?

TOUGH GUY

Too rare to take in consideration only FoGu and FoTe make the cut these days.
>OH
>no rares :(
Not worthy

>Too rare
But I mean
Are they actually bad

They're not bad but with the compound cooldown on ep5 they will be and only FoTe will survive

Enjoy FoGu while it lasts, loser

Meh I don't really care about Fo. I haven't in a while actually, Fighter, Braver and Bouncer are fun.

What's the critical component that's missing? PPC? The ring version isn't good enough I guess?

Just like Kimura planned. Hopefully ep5 gets everyone off pansy classes and into real ones

Well the ring isn't bad if you combo it with orbit and whatever quest you're doing allows you to run around like that.
FoBr might still be ok with banish arrow, same thing with lightning FoFi/Br.

I want to creampie this elf.

THERE IS ANOTHER SUITOR

>playing Te/Hu for less than 4 hours
>every multi-party I'm in expresses their gratitude for the hot buffs and zondeel
>busting shit up with my regular-ass attacks
>fastest clears I've ever experienced
Now this is a cooperative game!

>next run you end up in an MPA with another Techer

But is the other Techer stupid enough to sub Hunter for Massive Hunter?!

H-hopefully not!

if a te isn't sub hu su or br, it's a fake shitty techer.

What about a WG Element/Chase Te/Fi build

Is Wand Gear Element worth taking? 15% chance to inflict status ailment seems like it could be pretty useful if you're not in a full multi-party where everything evaporates on contact.

I just don't know where I'm going to take the points from to take it.

They should do something to make techers synergize with other techers more. Right now techer is at the point where if you have one techer in an MPA, it's a very valuable support, but if you have two techers it's a waste of a player slot. At least multiple rangers can do good DPS as individual players.

I think the main use for it would be to freeze Goldy feet
Can't see it being terribly useful anywhere else though

They won't even bring valuable support in ep5, the damage gain you get from buffed shifta is going to be mitigated by the fact you're playing fucking techer and doing shit damage yourself. No Zanverse no point

everything you're saying now is true already except for the zanverse part

Not being able to bring improve zanverse is the tipping point, there's absolutely no reason to play techer in ep5.

>zanverse no longer benefits from wind mastery in ep5
Oh, fucking nice, I'll put those points elsewhere, then.

>Hero Unit Recommendation
>If you want to fight with several weapon types, a general purpose unit is recommended.
>If you want to concentrate on just your favorite weapon, then you should use a specialized unit.
Did anyone find that faggot that kept saying hero MUST have all atk units because they MUST use all weapon types?

Shifta Strike, Deband Cut, Deband Toughness, Long-Time Assist

LTA especially, unless you actually enjoy sitting there and casting S/D enough times as a FO to take actually advantage of Extend Assist

Until the class is out we can't be sure which way of playing is actually better, these recommendations don't really change that

While we're talking about techer, when's the best time to buff?

Even if I sit at the exit to the area and cast S/D before anyone has reached it, people just sprint through it and only get one stack, instead of standing in it for 2s to get the whole thing.

Also, is PP Conversion even worth the points? Or PP Restorate past 1? I feel like I barely use PP; I've run out all of once, and only because I kept casting the wrong techs because I set my bar up poorly, and I'm not even wearing my good Kaiser set yet.

Yes thats true but sega suggesting thats its possible to play Hero using a single weapon type shatters everything that faggot said.

It's kinda easy to see Hero not perform as well if talis or tmg is ignored

Why do I get the feeling that a single weapon is going to be by far the fucking best, and that using that single weapon will be better than using all 3?

If only we could just fucking assign units to each weapon and have our units change every time we switch instead of having to deal with all this multi-attack affixing nonsense.

Sega also thinks Bouncer is fine and should only use elemental stance for boots

if the balance changes are anything to go by, sega has no fucking idea how their own game plays