/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't do the research on which falls Silvercat would save them from
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

First for Yorshka succor

Equip a 100% physical block shield. That will literally prevent any damage that he does in the second phase that isn't one of the extremely well telegraphed breath attacks.

pc fc when

Fifth for feeding Yorshka a sandwich so she doesn't die of malnutrition

Host it yourself.

any PC FC tonight

Host it yourself.

Bad idea, you may block Oceiros, but you'll need really lot of stamina. Just roll.

>not even distortion with his naked running and recovery cancel jumps can make dark souls 2 look fast
lol

What is the deal with her skeleton arms anyway

I don't know but her ingame model looks like complete ass. They should have stuck to the concept art.

I tried the shield, yeah, didn't go too good.

I'm trying to stay on his ass in phase 2 but I just get bullshitted by stuff and he one shots me. I think I'm getting closer, though. I'll keep at it.

Bad modelling, she didn't have skeleton arms in

Am I a tryhard if I chomp green blossoms when I see a host with a phantom?

Does the Irithyll SS carry a shitter stigma the way the full pisspants set does, or solely because it's a Straight Sword?

Both

Kinda both. It's a quintessential shitter weapon, same as the Farron Greatsword.

Well, shit. I've been throwing around ideas for weapons on a quality setup, and was trying to do a winter-y/Follower type character.

Ain't worth it, frost buildup isn't high enough to inflict frostbite and there are better straight swords with more reach on quality.

I mean, it's a pretty weapon, to be sure, but it's mid tier at best

Yes, but you need to be a little tryhard if you want to consistently win against summoner hosts.

You're a tryhard if you even try to actually kill a host that's ganking.

Why are so many hosts dying to the Carthus Skelemen today

I don't understand

Like four times I've invaded Carthus and the host has, within seconds, been kiled by a skeleton

What if I succed about 50% of the time

I think more than anything I just need weapon suggestions for a quality build. How's the Hollowslayer on it?

Asking again: Why do people say the camera is bad in souls games and how could from fix it?

Hollowslayer is great

It's not bad, who says this?

The only time it's bad is when you try to lock on to monsters larger than your screen, and that's mostly necessity since you by definition can't lock onto more than one point on it's body.

Stop making enemies that are much larger than humans and stop including platforming shit.

So what is the dumb assholes guide to stat growth for DaS3?

If im just going to sword and board and use whatever armor i can while not fat-rolling? What's the best starting class for that and what should i min-max?

Don't listen to this guy, Irithyll SS is a great SS. It's not the best but it reaches decent AR on 40/40 and is one of the longest Straight Swords with the same range as the Dark Sword with less stamina consumption, thrusting R2s and the Stance WA which is amazing. The Frost buildup is also high enough to be inflicted in combat if you hit multiple times.

>Blue spawns in the wheel skeleton rape corner of Carthus

I've never seen one survive it

40 str/40 dex, knight, everything else goes into vig and end, vit if you want heavier armour.

full moon

1. Armor is worthless outside of poise. Unless you're using a weapon with hyperarmor frames, don't bother minmaxing for anything but fashion.

2. Hit 27 Vigor as soon as possible, then at least 35 for end-game purposes.

3. Quality is the most generic path you can go.

4. Either Warrior or K***ht classes are best for generic melee builds.

Was the removal of health pool shrink in DS3 a good idea? It's a double edged blade for me.

>casuals can just force kill a boss and it takes away the penalties for failing
>sometimes you just die to the game's shit design and it's not really your fault so you don't deserve the healthpool shrink

>the removal of health pool shrink
when was this

JESUS FUCK THIS FUCKING CHARGE MOVE IS THE GAYEST SHIT ON THE GODDAMN PLANET

IT HITS YOU FROM THE BACK AND STILL DOES FULL FUCKING DAMAGE WHAT THE SHIT

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

What's the best way to farm souls? I've beaten every boss in the game but I now want to gain 40 levels as fast as possible.

It was

If you need Embered HP to help you beat the game, then you're kind of a shitter anyways.

>Was the removal of health pool shrink in DS3 a good idea?
They actually didn't, they just made it seem like your reduced health state is your "normal" state.

Fat K***hts at Gertrude's. Equip soul farming gear and cast Rapport on one of the first pair, then Rapport the winner and kill him, then rapport the last one and kill him too..

is it a meme to censor knight in this general?

Idk about that, I've died to Gael like 100 times and my hp seems just fine.

yes

The game does it (nig becomes ***, ho becomes **).

because some of the enemies are so fucking huge you can't see the wind up on their attacks and then you eat shit

I've seen people with Knight in their name uncensored though?

It's not so much about the camera as it is about the cramped areas in which you face large enemies. Cleric Beast in Bloodborne is a perfect example.

>fighting somebody using the same weapon as me (pic related)
>they use the WA and then roll away
>use the WA from far away and try to hit me when it runs out
>they use the WA and heal
why the fuck do people not use this weapon as intended
needless to say they died due to trying to use the WA after all their FP was gone resulting in them taking an R2 to the chin

i forgot to add that some bosses also like to fly around and use fast movements which really messes with the camera if you're locked on

Yes

A lot of people will name their character 'Knight [Name]' because it's entry level RPfag naming, but Knight is censored to K***ht, so you end up seeing that everywhere instead

i've noticed people using "sir" as well i think people like to use that instead if they want to RP as a knight

Too generic for me. I'll go with a flowery adjective instead because I'm a shameless RPfag myself.

im stealing somebody's idea from here and using Crestfallen Warrior

How well does an elemental infused Lothric War Banner work on caster builds?

Best rollcatch switch-in on a heavy build?

I'm using a heavy bandit knife but the damage is mediocre, as expected. I'm just wondering if there's a better lightweight option.

Heavy Dark Sword/Broadsword.

>I'm a shameless RPfag myself
Oh good, I thought I was the only one. My next big one is a wayward drunk of a knight, which should be interesting.

How do I build for a moon-aesthetic in DS3?

>DS3
>aesthetic

Too much weight

you could try the long sword

Theme would be incorrect, and I can't think of another word that would get the point across. I want a "moon-y" character.

>straight swords too much weight

The only other option is the Murky Hand Scythe since that's the only dagger that scales well Heavy, but I doubt you have the INT/FAI to use it.

I got your moon right here

Croissant Connoisseur

What are the required miracles for pure faith? I've never done faith and I can't seem to find a guide in the Op. Also, what is best for casting miracles?

what the fuck, how could this slip by the devs, /dsg/?

talismans for poisecasting

It required a pretty specific combination of gear, only happened with certain gestures, and it did eventually get patched.

Guess I'll stick to Bandit Knife then

Want a jolly co-op partner? I have a build in my backlog ready to start.

Depends on what you want. If you want to use miracles offensively Lightning Arrow from The Ringed City is a must. Lightning Stake, Sunlight Spear and in invasions/closed spaces Lightning Storm are also good choices. For support miracles Projected Heal, Med Heal, Replenishment, Soothing Sunlight and Replenishment are all great. And of course if you're buffing Darkmoon Blade is great unless you are using Crucifix or Murky Hand Scythe in which case you Dark Blade.

Collector's Edition.

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm offline right now, I appreciate the offer though!

>From fixes this but won't balance pvp

pvp is balanced

but i wish i could fap to my sluts ass cheeks still

Dark Souls 3 is awful. Why am I still playing it?

Because making shitters feel bad feels good

>pvp is balanced
lmfao

Wanna play DS1?

>pvp is balanced

>16 character limit for name
>Wanted to be Guile the Stifled
>have to be Guyl the Stifled
IT LOOKS FUCKING DUMB
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he doesn't know

lol

Stifled Guile

I like the 'the' that breaks it apart.

Got 37 tongues and 15 forked tongues tonight boys how am I doing

tell me

Bleed build options:

Carthus Rogue buffing w/ Heavy / Raw / Sharp, or
Bleed infuse with leveling Luck?

I want to shred boss HP.

Bleed with Luck. If you want to use Rouge you're still better off going a Luck build, just with Hollow infusions instead.

I'd assume he's talking about using CE to change your name.

use either heavy/bleed spiked mace or hollow/sharp wardens twinblades, those are the useful for building bleed, though if you go sharp or heavy it's more of a str/dex build that just happens to bleed every now and then.

Say I want to use Winged Knight Twinaxes. What's my best bet?

>Iron Passage

WHAT THE BLITHERING FUCK WAS FROMSOFT THINKING?

Just run past everything. It's not hard.

Thats what I did.
Also cheesed the blue smelter piece of shit with a magic havels shield.

Whats the point in designing an extremely shitty area that 99.9% of people are just going to cheese through? What compels people to design it that way?

>gets TWOP'd right out the gate
>just run past everything

I'd say heavy with rouge, in PvE you should be able to bleed using a full stamina bar but in PvP I would never bet on getting bleed