cycle-ergo.com

Gay bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmets safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Nobike? Start here:

Webms with sound:
Previous thread:

are Honda motorcycles as reliable as the cars?

First for Kawasaki a best and ADV a best

dunno about honda car reliability

No, their cars are in most cases more reliable. But the motorcycles are more fun, obviously.
>pic related

Set up your phone gps to log the distance you travel. Fill up and begin logging at gas station. Drive until you're empty, check the distance traveled. Congratulations, you now know your range. From then on out you can either keep a mental tally of distances traveled on your bike, keep using your phones gps, use your Reserve setting as needed, or carry a MSR fuel bottle as insurance.

no but they're still pretty reliable

Thanks mate I'll do that

hnnnnnnng

I’m a Yamaha guy through and through but an early model CR/XR/XL are rock solid bikes

Welp, finally came off, rear wheel slid in mud while slowing down to stop, I'm absolutely fine, but the front forks and handle bars are squint with each other, it doesn't want to go over 35mph and the hibeam no longer works and there's this odd whistling sound I can't place

How much do mechanics usually charge for fixing up shit bikes? The thing was in good working order before this happened

A lot of mechanics refuse to work on older shit bikes. The mechanics that will work on them are Jerry rigging thieves. Fix it yourself

Its not super old, its from 2006

>tfw good bikes in concept phase and can't buy them
>FTR1200 scout
>husq 701

Both my room mates work in the industry, one being parts and the other is a former tech. The way they explained it to me is most times anything older than 10 years gets turned down. Call around and ask for estimates though can’t hurt

>Tenere 700
>790 Adventure

Do you stand? If you don`t, I will know that isn`t an (((ADVENTURE)))) Bike.

kek saved

Slep tight street bike

>husq 701 has been out for 2 years man

>cafe gaycer

Pass

When I first start my bike up in the morning and go ride it, the revs get stuck at 3000. Fucking with the throttle doesn't fix this but fucking with the clutch does. The clutch switch works. It only does this when it's cold.

Also, it farts out an ungodly amount of condensation.

What gives?

kys dumb nigger scum fuuck

Your bike automatically richens the fuel mixture and speeds up idle when cold to make it start and run easily in those conditions.

Water condenses in your exhaust pipe overnight.

>spoked wheels
>roadbike

>people will actually buy this shit

My ass has never touched the seat.
Also, stand more so no one has to see your broken windshield.

The fast idle does its thing and raises the idle to about 2000 instead of 1400, but this only happens when you actually ride it. It's like the throttle doesn't close, but playing with the throttle doesn't fix it. Clutch does.

G R E E T I N G S

the fuck you say faggot?

Post tanks

its flat tracker inspired, those cafe racers with chopped tails dont really follow cafe racer aesthetic anyways.

observe

Who's got the worst police st/o/ry?

Could not agree more.

Not that 701

What kind of bike? Sounds like the problem is somewhere in the throttle. Is it a real throttle or throttle by wire? I'd guess that the clutch stops it because your ECU senses that you pulled the clutch at adjusts your throttle speed to keep you from doing an accidental whoolie when you let the clutch out. Maybe your idle is just set too damn high. Higher rpms when cold is a normal feature for ECUs, just not that high. Does it have a power commander? Plug your laptop in a check the settings. Could also be a bad sensor.

What year is it? My 97 zx6r has a physical idler control to set my idle and when it warms up I have to pop the throttle and it'll idle at 3,000 so I have to turn it back down to 1,500

Ima trade my Indian in for that when it comes out

I waved at a moto cop, he smiled and waved back. No homo

2005 CBR600, with a can full of expanding wax for a choke.

Vacuum leaks are on the list of shit to check for right now

I would guess an air leaks causing your issue, when my bikes in neutral it derevs at an odd rate and hovers at 3,000 before dropping to an idle due to a small air leak somewhere

The guys from 44 Teeth commented that the 1409 Panigale has a 1.1 litre engine for the sole purpose of having a longer stroke, making it Euro 4 viable.

Huh. When life gave Ducati some lemons. . .

the engine could be much stronger without the emission bullshit.

I know, I know.

Posting my dream bike

I hope I can learn to restore bikes and make one of these.

there is barely anything restored on this, its a restro-mod.

Probably rides like shit on those tires as well.

I mean buying a cheap k100 on ebay and modding it and cleaning it up.

front tire is on the wrong way lmaoooooooooooooo
>replying to oveyes bait

Anyone know of any motorcycle related black friday sales going on?

Specifically I'm looking for tires but anything else is good too

why are there so many logos? looks really gaudy

huh?
they're making a 1000cc version next year

What does dbt think about 4 cylinder 1982 kz750's? Done a lot of looking online, but I would like your opinion.

???
Of course they are. They have to if they want to compete on production racing.

if a bike doesnt have AT LEAST 120hp it's not worth anything

ducati logos on the bike, looks like a billboard
I thought italians are supposed to be tasteful

compared to what? they small as heck

>tfw no new Nuda

>the new Nuda will be based off the Duke 790 in all its ptwin, made-in-India glory

Define worst? I once raced a cop at over 220kph in a 60kph zone.

Post pics if you love your baiku even if /dbt/ thinks she's shit.

Pic of my first tire change on my CBR500R.

I like my bike, but not my phone.

Might become a meme if I never fix it.

V-STRONK

why did it break?

suzuki

Because scrub

A curtain fell on it as I was backing out. I don`t park it outside, it sleeps in the lounge of my father`s house. I'll fix it next year when I can afford to. For now I'll put my KLR back into service and get the DL-1000 the work it needs.

Post tendies

Is dairyland insurance a meme?

Hon hon

>actually being autistic enough to take pictures of your tires to compare with other mongoloids online on who has the most extra chromosomes

>on Veeky Forums
>pretending you are not on the spectrum

go to harbor freight, grab a gallon of Evapo-rust. drain all the gas out of the tank then close the petcock. dump the gallon in ans swing around every 30-45 min or so for like 24 hours or so. rinse it out with water and before it flash rusts get the water out by rinsing it with gasoline.

> no bike ass mad
Take a picture of your bus for me

This was from last May, so I already did all that, it's just the only picture of my gas tank I have and that autist said post tanks.

Also you forgot filling it with wood screws and shaking it up to scrape all the rust off.

I hope you're hungry

instaed of manually shaking the tank with screws, i surrounded my gas tank with a moving pad and a bunch o pillows and loaded in the dryer. no heat or 70 minutes, worked like a charm. work smarter, not harder

Thank
What tires are those?
Also what bike?

that's a big yellow BMW

have u ever considered turning your motorcycle?

Heidenau K60 Scouts
BMW R1150GS

Sounds like a hassle.

Highway commuting eating these pilot 4s away

>gaudy
you know you're talking about Ducati right?

T H I C C

>highway commuting
>tyre is still round

These tyres are now square, it's making cornering a bit scary, luckily I only have 16 corners a day, with only 2 at speed.

C O M F Y

PR4? How do you like them? Currently looking for new tires for my GSX1200, can't decide between those and the Battlax T-whatever they're on now.

Be safe plz

what did he mean by this?

That's definitely not a PR4. It's a Pilot Power/2CT