This is one of the greatest cars ever made

This is one of the greatest cars ever made.

Why do you hate it again?

>HURRR LOW POWER

is not a valid point

no power, torks dip, prius tires, successor to an economy car, etc

>slower than a Camry isn't a valid point

Insecure much?

>stop liking what I don't like

Why are the Prius tires a problem again?

What a fucking ugly wing, holy shit.

Subaru boxer

Is the STI an economy car?

>Slower than a minivan

>Great car

>buying an automatic 86
You deserve to be laughed at

Not a successor to the STI though, While is still wrong it's the successor to the other 86 (2000GT and AE86)

the torque dip is a pretty big problem, especially as it sits slap bang in the middle of your fun time revs
apart from that, I'll probably get one as my next car. I'd love a fun RWD coupe right now

>HURRR LOW POWER is not a valid point
It's the most important point, especially at that price point where there is a lot of competition

OH BOY ANOTHER 86 THREAD THIS WON'T BE TERRIBLE

Are you cretinoids serious? 150HP stock is decent enough and helps maintain low pricing for the car. Shell out $10K for a S3 setup and you're getting around 400HP without touching the internals. You could get 300HP for some $1000 if you grab a GT28R from an S15, some piping, an intercooler and pay $500 for a good flash. What the fuck is wrong with you people. The CA18 from the S13 had 179HP and people run those at 290-330, because the car supports mods people bought it and it became a modder's dream, now fucking adopt the 86 and put a goddamn turbo on it.

Better than a shitty Kia shill thread

it would be 10/10 if the Toyota had a proper Toyota power plant

I'm not meming on power, even a weaker but invincible Toyota i4 would do it for me

yeah, it really is an important point. There is absolutely no reason why the car shouldn't be slightly more powerful - at the least, they should be offering a higher trim.

The best part of the car - the handling - still loses to another car in its division (Miata) which is better by every single metric except MAYBE seating

OP bought a dumb car

tru

Yeah but think of all the power miatas would have with 15k in kids to shore up the price difference

The only car that's better for the price is the WRX even then the cars suit different needs

86 Threads on Veeky Forums
>hurrrrrrr i can't afford it that must mean its bad

inb4
>b-b-b-but a highschooler can afford it !!1!!!!
and the numales here can't
kek

I don't really hate that car in particular, just all new cars really.....
>drive by wire shit
>crumple zones n shit = not light weight
>emissions laws = less power, torque and RPM than 15 year old 3SGE
>short boxer motor not even mounted behind the front axle

>kids
*mods

>muh low power
>muh competition

You idiots know the Miata only makes a pisspoor 158hp out of their 2 litre right?
Turns out it's hard to make good power N/A with modern emissions laws.

I 100% agree with you but I guess the people who don't like the 86 feel the car has to have that power from factory.

they should get a Golf GTI for twice the price, and not feel the beauty of nipon master race

also, THIS.

i'll keep my s13 and my opinions, the 86 is a great car that allows anyone to get into a cheap and fun car, while also leaving room for modding later on.

it's like the world is going to shit, here we are, getting the "next" s13 and everyone's complaining about low power on a car made to be modded.

>turbo it
>300whp
>snap a rod
>window the block

BrrrrrrrrrAatattatatatata!

Tune fixes torque dip, also not a valid point.

I think the big problem for the BRZ is the ND exists.

Lmao at the same tiny wheels on a widebody kit. The entire point of a widebody kit is so you can fit bigger wheels kek.

>torks

>not having torks
Back on your bike cuck

Just get an s2000

>track day at pocono speedway's road course
>i use a NA 1984 944, i kept up with a fella in a BR-Z in the corners, i had bit of an edge on the straights
>return for another one about 8 months later
>same BRZ is about 5 car lengths behind me entering a straight
>hear a PSHWEEEEEEEEEE noise as he approaches at least 20 mph faster than me
>allofmywut.png
>catch up with him later in the day, he opens his hood
>he's now packing a Cosworth supercharger
>mfw I want a BRZ now

>Shell out $10K for a S3 setup and you're getting around 400HP

Which setup is this?

its not that it has low power, at least not to me. its that its not a light weight low powered car and the wheelbase is a bit too long to maximize the low torque it has. of course you can go fast in it but you can do that in a new fit sport for less and be faster in tight corners.
i dont like turbo engines usually at all but this is the one car i think could really use a stock turbo model. put the wrx engine in it and itll have my attention.

the 2.0 miata engine makes 150lbs of torque though. its amazing how close they got the hp and torque to be. Just as much torque as the f20c and 500 pounds less than an S

>is not a valid point
it absolutely is a valid point

the thing literally cannot fucking climb hills

>Low power is not a valid point
Yes it is. If I'm buying a car that looks ricer-fag enough already why the fuck would I only want to push 200 hp. I could buy a 5k Saab off of craigslist to do the same thing and get 4 doors. Shit, I could get a Civic SI new for 3k less and get 4 doors and better fuel economy. They could have at least made a turbo option or something for people who actually like to go fast.

Main points:
>Marketed, seen, and looks like a performance car, but gets beat out by economy cars for less/equal $$
>weighs the same as a civic but has less space/makes same HP
>Literally just buy an SI please

and before you say "well what if I don't want a civic what if I want a performance car" just remember that this thing is MATCHED AND/OR BEAT OUT BY THE CIVIC. This car is literally the definition of factory rice: No performance, just for looks.

Civic Si makes more power and torque lmao

>Turns out it's hard to make good power N/A with modern emissions laws.
No its not, direct injection and forced induction make it fucking easy. Honda has been doing it for 15 years

>Hard to make good power N/A
>Just add a turbo

Because factory specs are for cucks like you. A cars greatness should be judged by its potential. You cant make a civic rwd or have a better weight distribution or lighter. You have to have those from the start and then modify for your prefered power, suspension, interior, etc. Brz (and miata) has those crucial things, and everything else is reduced to make it affordable. You cant have everything in a car, but brz (and miata) has things you cant modify in to any other car.

So put pilot sports, a header, and a tune on it. Not even $1k and you've fixed all your """""complaints""""".

>45hp less than 4UGSE
>90hp less than F20c
>"y-y-yeah but it's got the same torque......"

Miatfags are truly delusional.

>A cars greatness should be judged by its potential.

2/10 for the effort.

>no power
>skinnyshit tires
>pigfat
Just buy a V6 mustang if you want power but the ability to still let everybody know you're gay

>A cars greatness should be judged by its potential
The SI's (and Type Rs) come stock with a turbo this year. That means for more power you can easily crank up the boost, throw in a bigger intercooler, throw in a bigger turbo, get a tune, etc. for instant power gains. The GT86 will require you to build the entire engine to get any noticeable power gains. Wanna add a turbo? 5k for a kit, plus you'll have to get forged rods/bigger injectors/upgraded fuel pump along with gauges, a tune and other necessities.
FR vs FF is a debate of preference, but FF is the better weight distribution anyway (cool vibrations man says so).
You can make any car lighter
You can tune the suspension, power, and change the interior on any car.

All cars have potential (I can Hellcat swap a prius, doesn't make the prius a god machine). This one just looks better than it performs, and is hard to get performance out of. Nobody likes this car for anything other than looks, and it's a ricer car.

Handling>>>>>power

There's a reason I drive an RX-8 (very similar handling) and not a mustang.

There are a handful of sc kits out there that get 300 whp on stock internals. Diy bolt ons and a tune comes with the kit. Super easy.

How many dicks have you sucked?

Sounds like you never ownd Frs. Cooling and supporting mods should cost just as much as turbo kit. Frs is great but engine sucks

A grand total of zero, thanks for asking.

>105.4 degrees fahrenheit
>25.2% humidity
Didn't know hell had dynos

I understand what you're trying to say but that's not entirely true. Pilot Super Sports are about $800 for a set, a half decent header is gonna run you around $500, you can't tune without a tablet which is about $400 for an OFT and about $500 for ecutek, and that's without buying an off the shelf tune.

Not exactly less than $1000 but you get the point. Either way, it does fix most of the problems that come with the car.

Where are you buying them from?

That's uh, not very humid.

Wow that's cheap. I paid $820 at discount tire for my set. But it did come with mounting and balancing and stuff.

>Defends point, then says it's not valid

Lmfao.

My coworker has a edelbrock supercharger on his BRZ. He paid $5k and it came with an intercooler. He did all the work himself and said it took a whole Sunday. Now he's pushing about 300hp and he's been running the setup since 60k miles, he's now at 90k and still going strong.

>You cant make a civic rwd

Google Civette you dumb nig

This, the 2.5L turbo in the high end wrx would work perfectly.

>BRZ/86 Owners jack off about their car 24/7
>You literally have to undo engine mounts and Jack up the motor 3-4in to change fucking spark plugs.

Other than that, it's a fun car desu. Slow as balls tho.

No power
Front Engine
Bike tires ( cause no power )
Toyota / Subaru ? kek
Cheap new / Not cheap used
>it's a good car for poor retard

I'd like to see your receipt for these purchases and installations.

Here's a reason.

Because a s15, which is now 18 years old is better in nearly every single way and costs of the price.

It's a fucking joke of a car.

It was so close to being good, so so fucking close. It didn't even need much more power, just an engine that wasn't a heap of shit that made 250hp and revved to 9000rpm.

But no, they fucked it.

>not installing it yourself

hp less than 4UGSE
Yet faster than toyobaru
hp less than F20c
Literally an exhaust and tune away from giving the S2gay a run for it's money

why pay 1k for that garbage when you can just buy a better fucking car

That's less torque than the 86.

>if-if-if-if you just tuned it a little it'd make as much HP as the f20c does standard

Delusional.....

>Pay extra money after paying twice the purchase price to be as fast as a stock car that's been out of production for 10 years!

It's made to generate $$$ off the 23-35yo/s who are awful with money, while Toyota sits between petrol engines and full electric "sports" vehicles. You've been played.

And crickets.

>5k for an extra 100hp
I didn't know the car was that fucking hard to get power out of, if I dropped 2k into my i4 shitbox I could probably break 300hp easy. At least he wasn't the guy who droppped 17k into his to make 400hp and step it back to 320 when he realized he didn't build out the fuel system.

tfw outran one of these on the mountain pass with my civic

100hp for 5k is a stupidly good deal you cant make 300 hp for 2k youre retarded and have never built a car. 300hp in a 2700 car is going to feel like plenty of power. Any more and it would be troublesome to DD.

Why the flying fuck would you do this instead of just buying a crorvette? Civette would be way more work and money for absolutely no gain. Youre retarded.

Name a better FR 2 door coupe for the same price, within $1k then.

That's not what I said you fucking retard. Honda has been making tons of high power 4 bangers for years. The k24 in the civic si makes 200hp, the 1.8l makes 150. Git fucking gud. Emissions aren't a problem for Honda Idk why it's such a buzz kill for Subaru Toyota

I'd rather drive a wrx, more power, faster in every way, awd turbo machine that isn't made for manlets

No that's the same torque as the 86

See

>and costs of the price

>Pay 27k for a car and have to drop another 5k (and maybe void your warranty? I'm not sure) to get to 300hp, and be stuck there because of stock internals, injectors, fuel pump etc.
-or-
>Spend 10k on a well kept used SRT4 neon from over 10 years ago
>already make 40ish more HP than the BRZ
>Have 2k to fuck around with bigger bfmic, injectors, intake/exhaust manifold, etc etc
-OR-
>Take that extra 5k you're spending and just buy a Type R (although finding one at MSRP could be difficult) and make over 300hp stock, and have some headroom with forged internals over cast internals

The BRZ/FRS/GT86 is not a good car for performance. It does look good, but it is fat and slow. Don't try to tell me the base car is good because "look with some mods I can make a DECENT amount of power." With some mods pretty much any car can make good power.

I will admit that supercharger looks cool though, if I had a brz I would def try to get one.

2017 dodge challenger makes 300hp for the same price
Mustang makes 300hp for around the same price
Hell the fucking beetle R-Line makes 210 for a little more $$

Ah, the new car vs the old shitbox meme

>and maybe void your warranty? I'm not sure
You would definitely void your warranty

It has a econobox N/A flat-4 instead of a rev-happy N/A I4.
If it were at least a turbo Flat-4 I could forgive the decision making but the choice of engine leaves a lot to be desired.
And if you say "hurr just swap it" Then I'll say that I'd rather spend my time and money on modding a C5 if we want to talk about modified cars.

>modding a C5
Stop being a bitchy girl and mod 86, it has enough power for backroad enjoyment. If that's not good enough stop being a poorfag and buy a cayman

>Stop being a bitchy girl and mod 86, it has enough power for backroad enjoyment.
A C5 costs at least $10k less than an 86. A C5Z or early C6 costs about $20k, still $5k less than an 86.
I understand there's a used market for the 86, but those still haven't gone below $15k, while C5's have.
All a C5 needs is some suspension mods and tires and it will outhandle an 86 while also embarrassing it on a straight road.

It looks like absolute shit.

A C5 is a completely different animal of a car not really comparable, let me ask you how much even a base C5 cost new?

>A C5 is a completely different animal of a car not really comparable
It's a small, light, RWD 2 door sports car.
>let me ask you how much even a base C5 cost new?
It doesn't matter because you aren't buying a C5.

>You aren't buying a C5
new* C5

Yes it does matter how much the C5 cost back then, more money for drive train and suspension. Nobody denies the C5 is alot of car for the low used price. I remember in 2001 when my dad bought his Chevy Tahoe off the lot we saw a beautiful black z06 I think it was stickerd for 78k. Also weighs over 500 pounds heavier than the 86

>Civette
>A civet is a small, lithe-bodied, mostly nocturnal mammal

what a happy coincidence

>unironically suggesting fwd
dumb faggot #1

>doesn't even know what power to weight ratio is
dumb faggot #2