/ovg/ - Hungarian rally edition

Welcome to Veeky Forums Vidya General, the last safe place to discuss racing vidya and vidya including cars without blatant fanboyism, moderation, intimidation, and shilling*!

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES unless you're a dumb American in which case you're not gonna read it, instead you're gonna go on Mumble and ask questions that are already answered there and everyone's gonna think you're a fucking moron, but you don't care, you're gonna post your dumb question in the thread and because this community is full of full blown, braindead morons, you're gonna get spoonfed and never learn anything and everyone will hate you:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=968459015
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=559157068
youtube.com/watch?v=L1nB8ck-8co
youtu.be/FFwoxM1MiBw?t=2440
northwichguardian.co.uk/news/15660519.UPDATE__Officers_investigate_theft_of_Oulton_Park_medical_car_after_it_is_found_undamaged_in_Delamere_Forest/
youtube.com/watch?v=WOtiTrXC4Ls
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1199746989
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

300 bhp on gravel series soon, be there

threadly caterham ac event reminder

join
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=968459015

>NO DISCORD

Funny ginger hates discord. It's da ebil

Name a better game

Anyone can edit the wiki. You might need to make an account for some pages as they're locked due to spam, but that's all.

nth for let it die

so i thought i'd try to do a fun one off rally event with rallyfactor, signups here

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=559157068

>Do I need a co-driver?
No you don't, I put the option in as a bit of fun. Bare in mind that you will need to sort out your own form of communication as the main mumble channel can't be full of different crews trying to all drive at the same time.

>Is this a series?
No it's a one off event to see if it's even possible to run something like this.

>Are there templates for a skin pack?
Yes there are and they are linked on the doc. Skin deadline will be 24 hours before the event starts. Don't put a number on your car as I'll put your seeded number on before the skinpack goes up.

>What is going to be in the supplementary regulations?
More detailed information on how the event is going to run, I'll get them up after the current round of university assignments are out the way.

>When is the test server going to be up?
After this weekends ARCA race.

>Is presence on mumble mandatory?
No but if you don't do things correctly because you aren't on mumble you'll be kicked.

>Rallying doesn't have practising, how will this work?
The track will go up 30 minutes before the event, it's not a large file so downloading shouldn't be a problem. The recce videos will be used to create pacenotes if you choose to co drive with pacenotes.

>I don't have time to make pacenotes but I want to co drive how will I do it?
A map of the stages will be provided the same time the track is uploaded, you will call based on what you see approaching on the map (like how they used to co drive pre pacenotes)

>Are you 18?
No, I'm 12

>Do you have autism?
yes

If you've got any questions on the event ask away

to Nurburgring lads because all of you cunts are on different platforms at different times:

Here is how the tyres look after a full 5 lap stint. The front left turned yellow halfway through lap 3 with the rest turning yellow within two minutes of each other on the start of lap 5.

This was after two lockups and one spin. You can definitely feel them fall off, the final lap I was sliding everywhere even when braking early, would have been around 9 minute flat.

I reckon there is a small chance we can somehow do a 1.5 stint on the tyres if we really have to, which we will do at some point because of excess fuel.

As for fuel the car uses between 16-17L of fuel per lap using race 2 fuel mix, max. you can have in the Tank is 100 so there will be just over 13L left at the end of every stint, means one extra lap every other stint.

I made small changes to the setup to try and increase tyre life, mainly just less toe in the front and a bit less camber, but it impacted performance negatively and I lost 5 seconds over a full lap.

Now either aspie starts using the chinese botnet with us or we think of a better way to discuss strategy.

>p.s. avoid touring car drivers AT ALL COSTS

>full 5 laps
I thought it was 6 lap stints

>using the chinese botnet
Never

It would be 5 lap stint followed by 6 lap stint followed by 5 again and so on.

and if you arent going to use it then at least go online on steam so I can make a group chat with all of you.

My race pace is really slow, gonna go for another race pace test soon, either tonight or tomorrow

>Never
Aww poor baby. 3 out 4 drivers use it. Don't be a bitch

>Never
surrender to the superior communications platform, you know you want to

might just be, but wouldn't it be better to do this on rsrbr?

rfactor has multiplayer, so you can start one after another

would be cool to meet your buddy somewhere mid race, crashed over the wall

sounds like a good idea, I'm in provided I have no work that night

This is the exact reason why it's being done in RF1, staggered starts are super fun and make it really interesting, it makes it a proper multiplayer event. A few of us did something similar as a test thing last year and it was really enjoyable

Where were you when Marko suprassed Rally2kguy's autism in one post?
Also why the 30th? Just do it on saturday.

how2g27 on ps4 without buying a $50 adapter

hahahaha discord is already figuring out the link to the track and bursting into tears because muh 30th and muh 100% damage

Need time to organise it and I won't have time till halfway through December. It also mirrors the real life date

I dunno if I will be around so close to the new year. I usually visit my family at that time so I might not make it. I'll see what I can do though.

Are flywheels any important in Forza?

kek, if they really want to find the track i'm sure they will but it's literally a fun one off event so i can't see the point

hope you can make it m8

Well if that's the earliest you can do it, have you considered pushing it back into the new year?

I'd personally love to take part, but I'll just be too busy, and I imagine that'll be the case for a lot of people.

It's a kid trying to larp as a celica driver that only wants to cheat, no worries.

This

i'll see, no promises though as I'm busy as soon as January starts

I was joking you Greek reeee

>discord

>Rallying doesn't have practising, how will this work?
They literally run the stages for recce in WRC?

>mumble

Recce isn't practising, recce is driving the stages at ~40kph and writing pacenotes as you go. Besides most smaller events do not have full recce and instead you may well get a video of someone driving the stage instead of you doing it yourself, which is what will happen in this event.

I'll try it but I don't have any friends

guys l'm genuinly enjoying nfs payback.
Building cars and having a lel with the arcade physics is possible this time around. It's of course got its faults and the 'physics' are mostly a joke but you can work with it. And drifting is pretty fun, it's the burnout type of thing but not a 100% on rails.
Guess the reason l'm saying this if anyone has been on the fence and is missing a game where you can actually build cars visually this is a pretty fun one if you don't expect too much from it

You still run the stage. You still get to know each and every turn first hand.

How bad's the lootbox cancer?

Yeah it's good but doesn't really feel like a $70 game and while early on there's no real grind I can see end game being a lot more boring as you don't get free crates just for existing.

It's like The Crew except you can't even buy the parts after dropping them once. So even if you're into spending money in ยต-transactions you'll more than likely end up getting shit parts instead of just buying the best parts you unlocked. It's pretty bad, but early on the game gives you a lot of free crates for discovery and really dumb daily challenges that you can easily complete to get free currency.

And because of all the early and progress free shit it's not a big issue issue until you're a couple dozen hours in, 100% completed everything and you just want to tune cars.

You don't run it at full speed though. I can drive around spa at 40kph but I wouldn't call it practise. Recce is a one off run through a stage to write your pacenotes and try to work out how fast you'll go. Its research instead of practise imo

Are the physics like Rivals?
Rivals was really fun IMO. If it wasn't P2P lobbies the PvP aspect of the game would've been a lot better.
Though getting picked on when you're in a low-end car was never fun.

Mostly just to get that extra PI at the cap. I've never noticed a difference in engine behaviour

youtube.com/watch?v=L1nB8ck-8co
LMAO

downloaded

>accidentally deleted my assetto corsa folder with all of my obscure and payware mods
c-c-could i get a link for the ac dlc unlocker again?

How do some racing games end up being slower than real life sometimes? Shouldn't they generally be a bit faster? Forza Motorsport has a weird habit of making certain turns much slower than they are in real life, some cars handle like boats. I watched a LeMans Audi documentary and at one part a guy went through the entire lap describing his speed through every corner, you have to go much slower in game though because the cars just don't corner fast enough, even though LMP cars like that are some of the most arcadey feeling cars in the game you can't carry speed through corners for shit like you should be able to.

This is completely dependent on the car and physics model of the game

I think you meant to replace "you" with "I"(you)

I(me) can easily meet or exceed speeds seen with the real life equivalent because I'm not worried about crashing and my opinion on track limits may be different.

Midtown Madness 2

Forza has really fucking terrible stock setups and slip angle assists that prevent you from turning as hard or as fast as you need to for some corners. LMP cars must be driven with some quickness and precision, and Forza's control inputs just don't offer that. Even using a wheel with the game feels disconnected.

Anything's possible when you disregard track limits, but there's no way to get the same compared to real life on a clean lap. I've gone to maximum autism lengths to confirm this, comparing the WR lap time in Forza 6 in the same car to this: youtu.be/FFwoxM1MiBw?t=2440 and the cars in game handle like shit on the corners even when extending the track limits as far as they can while still getting a clean lap.

Good to see tooley is still alive and kicking
northwichguardian.co.uk/news/15660519.UPDATE__Officers_investigate_theft_of_Oulton_Park_medical_car_after_it_is_found_undamaged_in_Delamere_Forest/

caterham doc

>recently my assetto crashed for no reason
>it was ffbclip fault, had no idea back then
>clicked steam revalidate files
>everything that wasn't separate file got "fixed"
>all of my finely crafted rendering configs got overriden with ugly stock things
>gave up after hour of trying and realizing that no matter what i do, it will never look the same

Do I buy PCars 2 or Assetto Corsa? Maybe both?

Which versions of the game do I buy? If Assetto Corsa has mods can't I just get the DLC cars as mods?

just pirate pcars if you want it
pirate all AC DLC

AC is very easy to get the DLC cars unlocked and there are lots of nice mod tracks as well. PCars 2 is very nice if you're able to run things that are new and shiny. As far as my pick, I like both a lot, but I am spending 90% of my seat time on PCars 2.

summoning james

thinking of postponing or even canceling the series until there's more content in gt spoot

a-are the F1 cars in AC gud?

No

I think I've only tried AC F1 once. If you're going to do some open-wheel stuff PCars is good for it.

b-but this looks hella fun

youtube.com/watch?v=WOtiTrXC4Ls

I didn't play much of PCars 1 (stole it) because I didn't have a wheel at the time and it played like shit on a controller, but I liked just adding a billion AI on the Nurburgring and driving through variable weather for an hour or so.

That does look fun. I'm just sayin, PCars has loads of open-wheelers, from Formula Rookie to Indycar to a modern F1 equivalent to Formula X imaginary kraut space-engineering. If you have a wheel now you will get a lot more out of PCars improvements to the physics and FFB. AC still has a slight improvement over PCars 2 in terms of FFB, but I like to do multi-class real-weather races and stupid meme races.

So, it depends on what you want to do with either, I guess. If you get PCars 2 and want to race with friends you will have to find them elsewhere since there are only 4 anons that can run it.

Guess I'll pirate them or something and see which is better, ty senpaitachi.

desu i'm not having as much fun in the game anymore and i don't want to turn the series into an obligation. but if you lads are having fun with it i don't see why i shouldn't still host it but just not race.

ello i have never done rally before pls give a more detialed explanation my fellow british feriend

>tfw I just realized I missed the first race of /ovg/ gr.3
My bad, I'll try not to miss the next one

Where do you find asian qt that will suck you while you play gt sport but also eat her out while she plays gt sport?

Started replaying the first Grid because I only ever played it on Xbox before. It's actually held up really well and is a lot of fun with a G29, 9/10 would recommend. Also:
>tfw an almost 10 year old game has more fun and engaging AI than games coming out now

Can you upload shit yet on GTSport?

>try not to miss
It's dead

It's the best game in the series. I actually thought the management aspects of the game with figuring out which sponsors you should take and which drivers you should hire were really fun.
It also gave you the tools to make a half-decent livery that was then applied to every car you had, from your Boss 302 to your Koingsegg.

>tfw an over 20 year old game has more fun and engaging AI than games coming out now

I played through grid a month ago and then picked up autosport in the codemasters sale. I prefer autosport's handling, but man, 1 had so many things autosport didn't. If codies made a new grid game that had
>team management
>touge replacing the boring-ass time trial events in tuner discipline
>car tuning and development, maybe light customization
>autosport-level handling
>grid 1 cockpits
>DLC integration in career
>cross-discipline custom races for fun
I'd probably never stop playing

what game?

should i buy forza 7

It's the new Gran Turismo game cool? I heard that is great to play online, and I'm really interested in ti. Also, are street cars races popular online? I only enjoy driving street cars like the Miata or Hot Hatches in these games, supersports are too fast for me.

street cars are cancer in it, don't bother

Why? Do they handle bad?

it's sad but eh, this game died so quickly even outside of your series I'm not surprised

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1199746989

FRIENDLY REMINDER to join ovgsys this Sunday. Pick a car allowed in the weight to power ratio note, write it down on the doc, read the rules and hope RNG picks a track that isn't complete shit for your car.

Oh and if you don't like the cars there feel free to weight ballast whatever car you want as long as it doesn't have racing slick tires.

>people this ignorant to switch to LINE

>not being elite

>tfw the AI literally does not brake and still manages to drive better than AI in modern high fidelity racing sims

His arm cant go above his head. Sad.

at least post a good kart game user

Is that a troll doll/funko pop mashup?

I tired to do the same thing a few days ago, I'm always kinda amazed (and a bit embarrassed) at how long I've managed to play a game with relatively little to do, I guess it's a testament to my autism
also, does anyone have tips on finding the suitcase? even looking at the maps of where it's supposed to be I can never find it

How do you put the hose back on the shit truck?

you can either grab it by the end with the metal on it and put it back,and it should stick, or just save the game and it'll be back on

>or just save the game and it'll be back on
Oh wow I never thought of that
All my previous attempts to lay it back on the side were fruitless

What the other dude said, grab the tip and go to its shelf. The easiest way to pull it out is to drive forward super slowly. It can snap off and fall in if you do that though.
>tfw waste plant is only open on weekdays and i dont want to waste fuel driving it home and back again.

anyone tried CINEMA mode on triple screens?