Landbarges

American full-sizes thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

oldcarbrochures.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oldcarbrochures.com/

18ft of beloved shit

Let's do this

We had this thread very recently, and I'd prefer you to post pictures you haven't already posted then.

The last of their kind. with how disappointing the new """GT""" is i honestly would rather Ford used the R&D money to update the Crown Victoria platform for the 21st century like Toyota did the century.

Even the Century is/has always been unibody, though. A Crown Victoria that isn't body-on-frame is hardly a Crown Vic at all; I'd almost rather they leave it dead as a testament to what was once the standard 'American Car' (four doors, four wheels, V8 in the front, power in the back, body on frame with a lazy 4-speed auto and enough space to carry seven dead hookers).

Plus, even if they magically did all that, it would still lack the other appeals of the platform, like the long, low hood and massive greenhouse with great visibility all around. You just can't do that shit on a modern car, not with the ever-increasingly stringent safety standards inside and out.

My current ride.

I love it. Had it for over a year and I still love it.

I got it for 10k.

Not bad considering it is pristine and had less than 30,000 miles on it when I snatched it up.

Bump because this thread is nice. Op pls post more barges

muh nigga

is the woman included

when it was still the 70's, yeah.

my 73 buick lesabre

W I D E

bump

>tfw auto only
I was originally gonna check one out this weekend, but I found a ws6 on cl for around the same price

I REALLY miss my 77 tudor LTD. Was a nice rust free tow package base model with the 460, one of the few cars I regret selling.
It did the most hectik one tire fires I've ever seen.

My speedboat

I loved my caprice

It showed me the beauty and power of RWD V8 cars... RIP, you have earned it.

Non-american here. Why were these cars so huge in the first place? Must have been a nightmare for town driving. The 70s streets couldn't have been that much car wider than today

Well sail/o/rs, I have a question. How long are we still going to be able to keep these things on the road? That is, how much longer will there be gas stations? Tonight's Tesla event is freaking me out.

It might seem stupid, but I still have 1.5 years left of school, and the bug bit me when I got my Crown Vic. I'm seriously terrified of being unable to ascend to higher levels of landyacht, since I can't afford it as a college student

Because we have the space and our infrastructure reflected it.
US has a lot of land to cover, many highways and our culture revolves around the open road. To tackle that road you need a big comfy car for you, your wife, and your three kids.

>tfw marauder
feels good

>How long are we still going to be able to keep these things on the road?
These simple solid cars will easily outlive us with proper care
>how much longer will there be gas stations?
The gas will flow way beyond our need to care. We will be mindless drones in nursing homes before electric power outweighs gas to the point of electric being the only way.

>another retard who thinks 18 foot barges need manual

Don't forget the dog, for the proper nuclear family.

Most streets in the US have been about the same size since then, we've always had xbox hueg streets. They took the fifty-foot shit for horses and just paved it over.

That seems likely. I get caught up in the hype perpetuated by techbro types. However, there's still that nagging feeling that Tesla is going to do whatever it takes to end combustion in the shortest possible time, and millions will assist in every step of the way. Their semi and Roadster II release tonight makes things seem really, really bleak for these cars

As long as there is 'murrika, there will be barges- at least for a while. The old GM B-bodies may have largely disappeared by now in some areas, and box body Panthers are harder to find in reasonable shape, but aero and whale Panthers are still going strong and most people owning them will have their classical American road boat taken from their cold, dead, elderly hands.

Ayyy I still have my wagon, havn't driven it since that meet.

Your car is on the internet, dude, and pretty high up Google Images. That's pretty rad.

I know looking for older barges will just get more costly, but it's not like every last one disappears. I'm not interested in numbers matching stuff. I just want a pre-Panther LTD with a 460 modified for a little more power. Is this really that unattainable? I feel like the clock is ticking, and I'm still miles away from the starting line

In the case of the Model S, it maximizes interior and cargo space.

>Another faggot who enjoys going slow and not having fun with his land barge
Also /landbargegeneral/ when?

It was in the background of a few pic's in Car Craft magazine in 2010 too.

Nah dude, I'm either going to have my body rejuvenated with future medicine or upload my consciousness to a robot so I'm not dying anytime soon. I'm going to explore the galaxy and I am bringing my cars with me

>implying a manual is gonna make you go faster in a 4,000lb+ behemoth with a detuned V8 and 2.73 or lower gears in the back
All you're doing is making more work for yourself, the exact opposite of what these cars were meant for.

Having had a LT1 9C1 I'll say that the car would've been greatly improved with a 6 speed. The 9C1/SS's are just firm enough that a manual is not out of place like it would be in a regular version.

It was yet another car I shouldn't have sold

any modern landboats?

The Pacifica is large outside, but also large inside.