/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible. [Jun 27] The SDK has been leaked. [Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/11iMCQUT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Have issue
>Open GBATemp Discord
>Issue is answered before I even ask
N-Nani?!?!

Please check out the GBATemp Discord for VERY QUICK help regarding any issues.

Proof

fuck you

Is there some kind of button combo on Luma that forces the cartridge to eject by itself? I was playing ACNL and had the cartridge removed randomly on its own.

yes its mainly for ds flashcarts that get stuck

What is it so I can avoid doing it again accidentally in the future?

The Konami Code

>female

>this fucker accidentally put in the Konami Code flawlessly

He's gotta have Parkinsons or something

15th for Hacker DLC

haha xD

>titlekeys.gq still not accessible over HTTPS

Keac is a faggot

so i have been out of the general for a while, how do i fix the 3ds ban? i havent turned my 3ds on for around 3 months, i havent been banned yet i assume, but is there a workaround?

also can you play DS roms yet?

>Please check out the GBATemp Discord for VERY QUICK help regarding any issues.

buy a flashcard :)

Whats with all this GBATemp discord shilling

Easier to get (You)s

my 3ds is on 11.3 cfw but i'd like to install a game update that isn't on the freeshop
is it safe to launch the game with the update option?
i'd like to update ever oasis 1.0 usa cia particularilly

Please check out the GBATemp Discord for VERY QUICK help regarding any issues.

>ever oasis 1.0
does anyone know what the 1.1 update does?

has freeshop updated their shovel knight copy to the newest release? i want to play as ghosty man

nope still hasnt been dumped because its a free update

thats a damn shame

Increased performance and stability, obviously

i just downloaded it from the free shop and it gave me treasure trove if thats what your talking about?

i put my vita in my pocket and i think it changed the language or something. when i changed it back i cant find any of my files, i think i reset it or something. can i download the henkaku release and then use it to unlink my sd card from the system so i can put whatever on it?

so im about to set up sound haxk arm9loader and luma on what is a gateway emunand device.
can i just use a blank sd card or does it need to be initialised by the system first?

Rude

I'm going to add a https page just to serve this comment

Where do I find theme captchas for Themely?

you can use the same sd and near the end youll follow a part to transfer your emunand data over

well i was going to get a larger sd card for it

thats fine you just copy paste to upgrade to a bigger card after youre done

So for some reason, vitashell won't let me put any file in anything but the maidump folder, Filezilla will only let me transfer stuff into the maidump folder and I can't just move it out of the folder, it doesn't work, anyone know what the problem might be?

you need to tick the allow shit in the henkeku system menu

read the pastebin

delete Shovel Knight and redownload, it will give you Treasure Trove
>captchas
I assume you're tralking about QR Codes
3dsthem.es is broken right now

>3fxzeyWo
well are they?

Yeah, IIRC he posted the links on GBATemp Discord, check it out. They're really high quality too.

I see that MH:frontier is on the download site can i download that onto my normal australian psn or do i have to keep swapping between the two?

>check out the GBATemp Discord
How about you stop spamming that shit already?

And fast!

Is my birthday today. Say something nice to me and recommend me some vidya for my 3ds.

What is this GBATemp meme I'm seeing on this thread?

Have some (You)s for your birthday
Be glad you survived another year, look forward to those to come, and may your plans to better yourself go smoothly
I'd recommend Rune Factory 4 for a nice mix of action, rpg, farming, visual novel, all sorts of things blended very nicely into a great game
The shin megami tensei games on the system are great rpgs too
Then there's the sleeper hit Pocket Card Jockey, solitaire on horses, it gets intense

>Hi is this the GBATemp Discord?

Happy birthday nigger. Check out the GBATemp Discord for recommendations! Hope you get laid today.

So I just turned on my Vita and all my MAI and VPK games disappeared, as well as vitashell.

It seems to just not register while still taking up space on the card? Is this a common problem and is there a solution that doenst involve me formatting?

which one do I click? my Luma has worked fine for months then somehow I accidentally fucked something in settings now I either get a black screen or a nand with nothing on it but the .cia installer and default apps.

please help me

Don't ask me, see

Happy birthday user
If you like rpg's I recommend Crimson Shroud

>Is my birthday today.
dunno, check GBATemp

Not GBATemp, their Discord specifically. Have fun!

Update, i unlinked my memory card via henkaku and now my VPKs are showing up

>sony bans my vita
oh wait they didn't because i'm not a retard who fell for the vita meme
>order a vita and 64 gb card from amazon anyway
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>get 5 dollars in amazon pantry
>order a box off poptarts from amazon
>vita and poptarts arrive at my doorstep
>claim they were stolen
>amazon refunds my money
get on my level niggas and fuck sony

BASED dominos poster

Now the hard part is making it next year. Fuck me. Gonna try that RF4 game. Thanks man.
Thanks nigger. Ill get laid for you.
Gonna check this out too, thanks my man.
I'm seeing a pattern here, is this a meme?

>order 3ds and vita and wii u and switch off amazon
>they arrive
>send by carrier pidgeon a note saying shit got stolen gimme 5k buckaroonis to amazon
>get 10k compensation plus tip
Plebs

pls

Once you hack your 3DS does it basically become unsellable?

>order n3ds xl from amazon
>downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2
>downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1
>snag OTP
>upgrade to 9.2 + a9lh
>eventually "upgrade" to b9s
>don't get banned

sudo apt-get on my level

It actually increases it's value

But how if it's banned on all big selling sites?

I'm hacking my new 3ds xl now, its such a comfy experience hacking it. especially like the little tune when dsp1 completes. this is such a fun experience. reminds me of the old ipod touch jailbreak days.

People sell hacked consoles on eBay and Craigslist all the time. Just don't blatantly mention that it's hacked. Be smart with your vocabulary like "it's homebrew ready" or "it's b9s/al9h activated", people looking for hacked consoles will know what that means or will send you a personal message to work out the details.

im going through the hack from scratch myself, on this part you pick 'show NAND or user string in system settings'

Don't use big selling sites? Your target buyer is normalfags who want free games but don't want to put in the effort to hack it themselves.

Happy birthday get a Vita.

It's illegal to pirate games but it's not illegal to softmod your console. At least that's how it works in America. I don't know if it differs in Europe or other countries.

It's not really illegal, but most companies don't want the hassle of ninty/sony/Microsoft breathing down their necks.
And of course software modding is a Grey area as it enables pirating games.

If I were to buy an N3DS XL tomorrow, would it definitely be 11.3 or below, or has nintendo updated newer shipments?

I have O3ds with custom firmware on 11.2. Can I safely update it to the latest version (11.4)? Or will I lose custom firmware that way? Sorry if this was asked before, but I haven't found anything about it in FAQ, thank you.

Depends when that XL was manufactured but if it was done recently then it will be on 11.3 at least.

Yes

In the guide, it mentions that pirated copies of games won't work for DSIWare injecting from a hacked 3DS to a stock one, but will titles downloaded from freeshop still not work? Since they're being downloaded straight from Ninty's CDN, they're no different from legitimate copies, right? Or is there something I'm missing?

NDS linkers can run gba roms natively?

>linkers
damn, it's been a while since I heard them called that

well, maybe someone else can give you an actual explanation, but freeshop copies aren't quite IDENTICAL to a legit copy, since you're using a bullshit ticket.
You do need the legally purchased game.

Ah, that sucks. Well, I guess it's a small price to pay for CFW.

Best GBA emulator for 3DS?

mGBA.

I opened freeshop on my non updated Luma and I guess it wiped my nand. Is this supposed to happen?

Don't.

is it possible to use OoThax on a new 3ds with the 11.4 payloads?

i just want to warn you guys that the switch is a snitch pastebin.com/11iMCQUT
it logs fucking everything

Guys what is wrong with my 3DS?
It became like this after a loud thunder

take the battery out or reset it

has PSN spoofing stopped working AGAIN? I'm assuming Persona isn't a compatible game for adrenaline so I need to go on the PS Store to get the demo everyone uses but it doesn't seem to be working

aw man that looks funky

I cannot access anything PSN related (except for account settings thanks to netcheck_bypass.suprx).
I also checked whether I had 3.63 or 3.65 as the spoofed version. It was the latter.
So, yeah. It looks like it did stop working.

Weird. A new update didn't come out.

Shiieeeet nigga. Your 3ds got slap by the burst. Rip

reminds me a decade ago when I took a picture of my laptop screen with the camera flash and the screen got fucked up

I tried installing adrenaline using the easy installer since I can't get the manual method to work, but now it just hangs at the initial psp warning screen you get when you usually play a PSP game and after about a minute it gives me an error, anyone know what's wrong?

Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself, don't know what the problem was though