>they send it to a reparier in melbourne
>he says its fucked, can't even get it to power up
>put in my cupboard
>buy a kenwood krc2000 and put that in my 87 adub
>constantly think of the insane stereo in my cupboard
>buy an 88 SC adub
>decide i want a cooler radio for it
>browsing constantly for cool decks
>see a guy in the UK who has a few for sale, in all of them says he's repaired parts etc
>message him about repairing my old deck
>"yeah i should be able to get it going"
>pay a million dollars and post it to him
>here's a picture of it powered up. pic related
>holy fuck, he's actually going to get it going!
>boner

video definitely related.
youtube.com/watch?v=XvtwHcgTMUU

just imagining cruising late at night, pop ups up, gf in the passenger seat and sliding a cassette in. HNNNG

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Various-Thats-Eurobeat/release/2481706
discogs.com/search/?style_exact=Eurobeat&format_exact=Cassette&country_exact=Japan
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m227496127
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f242748708
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x513305191
retrocaraudio.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>user can now cruise in his 80s mobile while listening to genuine caseette tapes
C O M F Y

On a quest to find eurobeat on casettes.

Link me to this guy, I am interested

i make my own. ;)

yeah can't fucking wait.

just a quick search, try diggin a bit yourself on google
discogs.com/Various-Thats-Eurobeat/release/2481706
discogs.com/search/?style_exact=Eurobeat&format_exact=Cassette&country_exact=Japan

>when Heartbeat ends the moment you about it hit the outside drift on an R32 GTR

dude... why?

>do everything for authentic retro feel
>except tape has a wire hanging out connecting to your 2015 phone
dude why

not a fan of them, used them before, they seem to fuck out quickly.

you don't put a deck like this in your car for convenience.

whats a good deck that i should get to record my own tapes?
i hear nakamichi

or should i just get any good japo brand?
sony? pioneer?
whats the cheapest good one?

dude

it's 2017

we have bluetooth cassettes now.

you can literally use a Home Alone 2 TalkBoy as a wireless handset for your cell phone.

for recording your own tapes? any of the big name brands will be good, marantz, technics etc.

but any brand will be fine unless you're an audiophile, but if you're an audiophile then you won't be looking at cassettes anyway.

just check your local craigslist/ebay until something comes up thats nearby and buy it, cheaper the better. when you record one, just record one song first, then check it to make sure it sounds right. i record from my computer to the cassette, so osmetimes the volume is too high/too low, or the computer makes some noise for reason and it ends up on the tape. its timing consuming as fuck as well, but all worth it.

>hes so much of a cheap skate he doesnt want to make a eurobeat mixtape
>he'd rather use bluetooth to use cassettes despite needing to actually go out of your way to even get a cassette player, let alone an authentic cassette radio
you can go back to your infotainment shift denier now

The type of tape you use makes a big difference too. See if you can find some new old stock FeCr tapes- most new tapes today are the poorest quality Chrome.

>bought a car with only a cassette deck
>bought one of these
>hell yeah i can finally play my tunes
>put it in
>"Err0r cannot read cassette"
>borrow a cassette from a friend, turns out the deck is broken
>mfw

>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>rev engine
>eeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee

yeah k, i just went for cooling looking cassettes, ha. audio version of ricer. i love the metal reel ones so much.

>"Err0r cannot read cassette"
aren't technologies grand?

The metal reel ones actually have a lower capacity than standard cassettes because they can't occupy the same space. I think the metal reel ones do use higher quality tape as they tend to be handmade from reel tape.

Period stereos are so cool. I just wish they didn't sound so bad compared to the cheap garbage today.

Will still sound like shit.

You can splice an aux into where the tape deck actually connects its audio signal into the stereo's board.

Then you can have any aux shit routed out of the back of the stereo to keep things clean

You can't use the cassette deck anymore, of course, but it's still a good way to get a much clearer aux sound than those tape adapters

You can still use the cassette deck if you do it right; splice your AUX into the cassette lines and have an endless loop cassette with nothing recorded on it. When you put the endless loop cassette in you can use your own audio, and when you put a normal cassette in that will play. Alternatively just mod a switch in that activates the "tape sense" and sets the motor going.

I have that same Nsx

nice.

Holy shit, user. I made a thread a bit ago ranting about how much I wanted one of these. I envy you so much. Enjoy your Aesthetic Eurobeat, my dude.

yeah i remember, i posted in that thread.

i am on a high right now because of this, never ever thought i'd get this deck working after the previous repairers said it was fucked.

trying to get this translated, only thing i've ever found about this deck on the whole interwebs.

mp3 through the adapter sounds just as good mp3 through mah $300 high fidelity head muffs. and i don't want to dick around with my radio

More like
>when you come to a dead stop after slamming into a guardrail in your JEE TEE ARU and then DANCE TO THE HEARTBEAT WHOAH OH OH comes on

Come to think of it, that whole race was fucking humiliating for Nakazato.

Fuck I'm jealous, I hate the abomination the previous owner put into my car

I'm excited to see this in action! I've been browsing those online marketplaces and the local craigslist for stuff like this ever since that thread last week

cassettes are fucking garbage

no you

>found the retard that wrinkles his ribbons

i still dont get the point of paying a large sum of money for a shitty 4track player.

no matter how much you take care of it the cassette mechanism take a bad hit if it get hot in your car.

>fucking cassette headunits are multitudes better than CD ones in 2017 because you can just stick a $5 adapter in there and call it a day
What a world we live in

Comfy.

That is fucking sick

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m227496127

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f242748708

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x513305191

some cool ones there for people who want some of this shit.

holy fuck i wish i had that head unit

>tfw I get this on aux input if my phone is charging and not playing audio

I love this :'D

I keep hearing about jap decks not working internationally because of frequency differences, is this true and what can you do to fix it?

true and no idea, google seems to have a million different answers.

>bottom left corner
BECAAAAAAAAUSE MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY'S WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOOOUT

got to have the classics.
there's a few tapes missing, they're still in the car.

Licensed to ill is one of the best albums of all time. It's easily the best 80's hip hop album (at least in my useless opinion)

yeah i try and have a bunch of semi - period correct mixes.

>despite needing to actually go out of your way to even get a cassette player
nigga what, I just pop down to the thrift shop and buy dual decks for

I have yet to find a cool ass cassette playel head unit. I'm still rolling the AUX with pic related in the mean time.

i want that walkman bad. they're worth a bit yeah? few hundred for that one?

I got lucky on eBay and paid 25€. I see most of them go from 50 to a good 100€ tho. If you lurk everyday you can find a good deal that's not an auction. My tips would be try to find one that at least has the battery cover, even if it doesn't stay in place, because the batteries will most likely drop every hit without it (it also looks better.).

>Kenwood
>not getting a Blaupunkt
Pleb.

you got an ugly as shit old tape player working...
neat i guess

too mid/late 90's looking for an 80's car.
neato

and, imo, too boring looking too. never seen a blaupunkt one that i like, just not my style i guess. each to their own.

>memebeat

>bluejunk

That's a usable skill for a niche market because working high-end ones are getting harder to find, and there's always a restorer that'll want original stuff.

And since 80's cars are so frowned on with not many considered collectible, no one's knocking themselves out to do that kind of work.

You may not like them, but they were high-end back in the 80s and 90s. Even Ferrari came with them as an option in the 80s. And if you have an 80s or 90s German car then the German-snobs (translate as Americans who think they're cool for only liking German cars) from that era would not choose anything but a Blaupunkt.

congrats lad
sick as

What kind of stereo is this?

>virgins with cassettes in 2017
Lmao while here i am with my girlfriend using my touch screen to play Spotify and using voice commands for those cute moments

by cute moments do you mean repeating the song name 10 times before it actually plays the right song?

>Spotify
>not ascending to SiriusXM master race
Disdain for pleb

How do I into recording these? I doubt I could just buy one with looka boomba on it.
Would I have to just play my phone into a tape recorder or is there some way I could put digital music into a tape with some kind of machine?
Pls help

thats nice but how do you charge your phone on long road trips nigga be real

P-pls help

stop fucking pretending to be me

>Come off bike at 10mph
>Front forks way out of alignment
>Front wheel pointing 70 degrees off to the right, handlebars at full lock and won't come unlocked
>Pick bike up, drag it off the road
>Put it on the center stand, use OEM toolkit to take off rear brake lever, kickstarter and right peg
>Scientifically shove it while kicking off center stand, bike drops on opposite side from impact side
>Front forks now less out of alignment
>Wheel more or less pointing to 1 o'clock
>Handlebars moving kind of normally
>Reattach bits
>Rev the shit out of it to get it moving
>Ride victory lap home at a glorious 20mph, my headlight illuminating all the gawping foot plebs to my front right

>stealing my bread on hood post
When will you just give up my fake alter ego? Buy yourself your own gsl -se so we can stop fighting like this

yeah a cassette recorder for how ever much you pick one up for (cheap as fuck) and a $10 cable from an electric store.
cuter than putting on a mixtape you made for her full of her favourite songs? i don't think so.

If you want it to sound good get a Nakamichi tape deck to record your tapes. You will get CD quality recordings on tape.

Create a Spotify playlist

So basically these tape decks will take the signal from a 3.5mm audio jack and put it into a cassette? Is it really that easy?

But you can do it without destroying the original tape deck

I'm not even an audiophile and it is still very clear that cassette aux adapters sound like shit

>to add a method that is no better than a wired tape adapter with the little strip of plastic on its head taken off
It is a lot better. You can bypass the tape signal preamp, which will really clean up the aux sound vs using an adapter cassette

yeah its plug and play (record) really.

Holy shit I need this for my AW11. Too bad they're so rare.

are you retarded?

yeah can't wait, bought a 1 din blank to take up the lower space. chose that over a drawer/recess as i wasn't show how they'd go with the lower one being so low. i'll make a video when its all in and ready for sure.

Nice. Prolly cop one from eBay tonight then. Are there any brands i should stay away from? I'm not much of an audiophile but I want my memebeat to sound decent.

i suggest finding one you like, then spend 2 minutes googling them, that'll tell you real quick.

none that i can think of though

retrocaraudio.uk/

here's the link to the guys site, he also sells shit as well. for you americans, might be worth googling if the frequencies are the same for UK/USA/Europe before buying. the guy is awesome. 11/10 would recommend.

I jerked off to that EQ display, climaxed when the tray with the buttons slid out, good job OP

he sent me another video of it hooked up to a sony EQ as well. looks crazy.

I've been studying all week for med school finals, had my first two today and one tomorrow. Been grinding for hours in the library.

Took a break to see this thread and I'm delighted. The stress went away, albeit temporarily, but I fucking love seeing small success stories like this. This made my day.

Rock on, y'all.

shut up faggot.

There are better looking retro blaupunkt units than that. They're so expensive that I could never justify actually getting one though

for a budget high end 3 head deck, I recommend bx-300

you should join a cassette forum, I recommend stereo2go. There is alot that can be done with casettes.

Here's a free tip, you can better sounding walkman from the 80's, 90's, that's been to a technician.

not to mention A E S T H E T I C

Who is this person fixing it!? I have a Toyota EQ that I need repaired and I am at my witts end.

see
if its not as rare etc, i just recommend buying a working one off ebay. but yeah, this guys amazing.

It is pretty rare.. but who knows, maybe he'll be up for it.

I don't think they were an option, but various decks were dealer installed since some cars came factory with speakers but no deck. 512 BBs were available with a factory Pioneer EQ though, pretty cool.

he likes rare ones. hence why he enjoyed fixing mine, ha. that and rare equals expensive, so he enjoyed it for a few reasons i reckon.