masteroverwatch.com

>eSports info and Contenders League
over.gg
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com

Previous thread:

Here comes T.Racer!

Nth for an idea
The idea that posting Overwatch related discourse while also posting images of waifus and husbandos makes your posts more likely to be read, and more enjoyable to look at.

Any good tips for playing Ana?

yeah well fuck you and your new thread I'm reposting it

I don't think winrate should really be a factor in SR at all, because in a perfect grading environment you're put in an evenly matched game and there's no guarantee the heroes you play will be influential enough to win against the 11 other people, and thus you should solely be graded upon your performance separate from your team's results. That's if blizz is grading you by skill (SKILL rating) and not ability to work with random people, of course. I recently looked at my overall comp stats and realized I've climbed over 1000 SR from where I was initially placed despite winning only 905 games out of 1887 (less than 50%). I'm not a mercy main though tracer is love gengu is life

It's kinda ridiculous though that you can aggressively one-trick like that and make good gains, only players rezzed is in the top 90th percentile I think (the thing about these stats is that they aren't weighted by rank. I could go down to super low bronze and become the 100th percentile genji by all metrics, so an above average player at an above average rank is better than an incredible player at a shit rank). But I still blame this on players not being able to consistently shoot down the worst and most incapable healer, because consistent dps in the pro scene evidently make her unviable. Her SR gains are definitely skewed though.

My original point was that one mercy's progress through diamond wasn't really a supporter of a giant flood of mercys into GM

Uh Oh! Jeff has decided tat Reinhardt will be 'retired' in the next few weeks, and has ordered Chu to give him an ending that won't drive the fans insane.

Chu knows there is no fucking way he could ever do something like that after beating his dick to Hanzo and McCree the last two years, and has hired outside help to solve the problem: You!

How would you, user, give Reinhardt a worthy ending? You can chose everything, from the medium it is delivered in, such as comic, animated short, or even forum blogpost, down to the story and its details!

Go on user! Show us your creativity! Or just put it in a way that would infuriate everyone! Not that retiring the only good character won't already.

Whats the rarest achievement/trophy/whatever you've managed to get in game?

fuck off chu, i'm not doing your job for you. get fired, hack

Hes killed by D.vas pungent butt gases

>Reinhardt is battling alongside Tracer in the present day
>Something happens to damage Tracer's chronowhatsit and the resultant temporal distortion throws Rein into the past
>Specifically he ends up in the doomed last stand alongside the rest of the Crusaders
>New event game mode, everyone plays as a Crusader and you have to see how many waves of various omnics you can wipe out before falling; during this game mode Rein and friends are buffed to the gills so they kill several trash way omnics per swing
>Goes down fighting but his sacrifice means Balderich survives into the future, and is essentially a buffed/reworked Rein replacement for future games.

if you're running away from someone trying to kill you, look down while running. makes you harder to headshot

*hides notepad* H-haha user, that's not a valid entry!

I like it! Leaves a lot of opportunity for revenge after we revive him as another reaper! he can turn into gas and go right back up D.Va's butt!

Woah user! That sounds pretty legit! We'd have to completely revoice him though!

>he can turn into gas and go right back up D.Va's butt!
made me laugh more than it should

> I've climbed over 1000 SR from where I was initially placed despite winning only 905 games out of 1887 (less than 50%). I'm not a mercy main though tracer is love gengu is life

Cool, so you're part of the problem. Garbage players climbing with negative winrates. Of course you would defend a system that allows you to climb despite being dogshit.

If you lost more than you win over a large number of games, you are worse than players at whatever rank you're playing at, end of story.

Your stats are irrelevant, they don't mean anything, you still lost, so whatever you're doing isn't contributing towards a win.

>My original point was that one mercy's progress through diamond wasn't really a supporter of a giant flood of mercys into GM

Why doesn't it? If someone who doesn't even play mercy can use her to climb to the second highest rank in the game with a negative winrate, what does that say about the system? Do you actually play at these ranks? Because I can tell you in masters/low GM I see one of these players at least every other game. They're always the same.

>Seasons 1/2 they were gold or plat, occasionally diamond.
>Nearly all of their playtime on Mercy and a large amount of time played.
>Suddenly GM/masters season 4 or 5.
>complete fucking dogshit at the game

>But I still blame this on players not being able to consistently shoot down the worst and most incapable healer, because consistent dps in the pro scene evidently make her unviable

Ladder isn't the proscene and teams aren't very coordinated, even at high levels. Mercy is basically the anti-carry/reverse pubstomper. Unless you're playing a flanker yourself, you have to hope the one on your team wins Mercy's RNG hide-and-seek minigame, if they even decide to play it.

You laugh now, but some sicko in /d/ is probably making it a reality as we speak.

>We'd have to completely revoice him though!
Real talk though, if they every did retire a hero I could not see them doing so without having a replacement (as in a new hero, not necessarily someone to take the old ones role) ready to go anyway, so they'd be recording new lines anyway; this would just save them on animations and a few skins.
Sad but true.

winrate is far worse. there are objective performance levels that aren't invalidated by shitty anecdotes where you can portray several kills as being absolutely useless. Some characters are far more influential to the result of a match than others that are just as critical to the functioning of the team. If winrate is king than the ratings are always going to be skewed toward the hypercarries, which is exactly what we see with supports getting more limp-dicked SR gains than the rest.

So you're in a match in gold, would you rather have

a 1500 rated tracer main and a 4000+ lucio main

or a 1500 rated lucio main and a 4000+ tracer main?

One choice clearly increases your chances of winning the game and gaining SR, which is bullshit because both the top tier lucio and tracer belong in the highest tier even if the lucio's ability is far less determinate in the result of a single game, which is the core of gaining and losing SR.

Ahhh /owg/ time to exchange thoughts, opinions, ideas, and neat pictur--it's the fart fetish guy. Well, see you next one.

relax user, at least its not the pedophiles

Dear god am I really this jaded that a dude who gets his rocks hard to human waste gasses is pretty 'meh' to me?

Be seeing you too, user!

*BBBBRRRAAAAAAPPPP*

>implying that's not every Thursday
/d/ is so degenerate they'd make Zenyatta and Orisa ______________hold hands___________________________.

Fucking Omnics

I wish I had pictures of Orisa nad Zen being cute. Bastion works too. Fuck they're all cute.

>Comic
>Reinhardt is on a mission with Tracer, Lucio, and Mcree of the reformed Overwatch
>Sent on a mission to scout out reports of an Omnic in the forests of Germany that's been destroying the surrounding land and terrifying wildlife
>They meet Bastion, and things go okay at first.
>Mcree tries lighting one of his cigars and it triggers Bastion's kill mode.
>Only thing that saves him is Reinhardt's shield, he was one edge after remembering fighting the Bastion units from back in the day.
>Massive gunfire breaks through his shield and the unit is forced to scatter and they call for back up
>Tracer tries to blink towards Bastion and deactivate him, but is about to be turned into mulch
>Reinhardt lets out a roar and charges at Bastion with a half-recharged shield
>Shield goes down and Bastion is wounded heavly
>Doesn't stop him and he crashes Bastion into a nearby rock outcropping
>Lucio's healing beat can't staunch his wounds
>Reinhardt dies, surrounded by his friends as an their backup arrives
>A massive burial is held for him outside of their new headquarters
>Soldier 76 and Ana come to pay their respects
>Winston and the rest of Overwatch get into an argument
>It ends with them agreeing to work together again, so that their friends and loved ones need not die any longer, just like how Jack and Gabe started Overwatch so many years ago
>Cuts back to the forest
>Bastion's bird buddy makes a nest in the scrap leftover of him
>He's met a female bird and they have eggs.
>End

I climb because I do well both in defeats and wins and thus lose less and gain more, that's the only way you climb and it's exactly how the system is supposed to perform

The whole idea that your SR should be DIRECTLY tied to the aggregate results of games where you are 1 player in 12 is incredibly naive. How large of a sample do you need until we start directly sorting people by winrate? 10 games? 25? 100?

So you lost your first 2 games because of leavers, congratulations, you are at the absolute bottom tier of the playerbase. No, it doesn't matter that you were outputting 50% more healing than the average ana, no, it doesn't matter that you wiped with a dragonblade, no, you lost those games, and if you're good you should be winning at a higher rate than the average player, and thus you claim sole responsibility for the state of your SR is due to the fact that you are not able to win games.

You want to test people's influence in a dynamic event where they are 1 player in 12? You need a massive sample size, and everyone has a different one at any point in time. Thinking win rate is the sole indicator of your skill in unbelievably naive and ignorant

>>Shield goes down and Bastion is wounded heavily
*Reinhardt is wounded heavily

>>They meet Bastion, and things go okay at first.
user, I...

Decent but just shit enough to probably actually be used by blizzard.

I haven't actually watched the Bastion animatic

>Your stats are irrelevant, they don't mean anything, you still lost, so whatever you're doing isn't contributing towards a win.
>whatever you're doing isn't contributing towards a win because you didn't win

are you retarded? that's like saying there's no support for a rival candidate in an election because the other guy won

Who would win?

>have perfect thing to say back to shit talker
>they won't stop spamming the mic to hear it

Bastion and Torbjorn already met up.

Hmm, well there goes that story.

>Your stats are irrelevant, they don't mean anything, you still lost, so whatever you're doing isn't contributing towards a win

>everything you do in a close game doesn't matter, because once the enemy eventually triumphs, it's basically like you picked torb and sat on your hands the entire match

>these are the people who think they're smart when they shit on the SR system

Reinhardt is trying to sneak into a Talon outpost but he slips on a banana peel, alerting the whole base and a grunt finishes him off.

The only person who attends his funeral service is Brigitte because Torbjorn is busy fucking his wife and everyone else already forgot Reinhardt existed.

Both of those players will have a positive winrate in 1500 because they contribute more towards a win than the average player at that rank.

Yeah, a carry like tracer will have an absurdly high winrate while lucio's will just be positive, but both would still climb in a system without performance based gains.

The funny thing is, the "performance" system can't realistically see what a lucio or mercy brings to the table nearly as well as it can a character like tracer because most of what they do isn't measured well by stats. You can't measure a lucio speedboosting everyone out of a nanovisor and in the eyes of the system, a 5 man res into a dva bomb is better than a solo res that caps you the point.

It works in literally every other team based game that has ever existed, but blizzard felt the need to pander to crybabies who complain about their teammates and getting stuck in elo hell.

You're missing the point, it's not about individual games, it's about all of them. Sometimes your team is worse than the enemy's overall and you lose that game, but if you're better than the average player at your rank you are statistically favored to win and that will show over a larger sample size of games. If you lose more than you win, you're shit and should drop in rank, certainly not climb.

You can't help them, user. Let it go.

>Still no highlight intro with Torbjorn during his Molten Core
Bunch of hacks! Hacks!