Will it be the modern McLaren F1? A supercar that nobody can come even close to matching...

Will it be the modern McLaren F1? A supercar that nobody can come even close to matching, setting records that won't be broken for over a decade?
>barely 2000 pounds
>naturally aspirated V12
>1130 horsepower
>rear wheel drive
It's pretty much perfect

Other urls found in this thread:

astonmartin.com/en/live/news/2017/11/16/aston-martin-valkyrie-amr-pro-redefining-the-limits-of-performance
youtube.com/watch?v=qdzQExF4D18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought it was supposed to have a 1:1 power to weight ratio?

the styling is pretty unf

If you use kilograms instead of pounds, like the Koenigsegg 1:1, it's actually higher than 1:1

Kg maybe?

kg

Doubt it. Mcclaren should be unveiling their successor to the P1 soon as part of i think it's called "ultimate series" which includes the P1 and F1. P1 is even a play on the factory name for the F1. During the build it was referred to as Project 1 by the in house staff and released as the McClaren F1.

2k lbs translates to 907kg

1130hp / 907kg = 1:1.2 power to weight ratio, 20% more better than the Koenigsegg 1to1

the question is who will buy this and use it for it's intended purpose, and where can they do so?

I find it hard to believe that the track version will be as fast as an LMP1 car.

The BP23 is already touted as a GT hypercar, so in terms of performance it won't be a match.
I believe it is meant to be around 1030kg.
150 are road legal, with 25 race only versions.
This is the road version. Mind you, it is already sold out with over 300 potential missing out.

Hey guys :)

Project One is more about the powertrain, also a massive fuck you to McLaren. In terms of aero there is no contest.

Does anyone find it crazy that every 2 or 3 years a new crazy hyper car comes out not to mention the race version/ gtr version of those cars which ends up becoming even more insane aero and power delivery. At what point does engineering hit a wall or will it. like how fast do this billionaire really want to go.
Honestly how much crazy will these new hyper cars be compared to say a P1 gtr or laferrari fxx or agera one to one or even a legit f1 car.

Speaking of the track version, here is a render. Literally released half an hour ago.

Too bad there is no pic yet for what the track diffusor or front wing will look like.

i hope we end up with an entire spectrum of RWD, mid engined oversized gokarts in the future as human-driven ICEs become more and more of an enthusiast things

racecars with lights, complete with zip-tie-on bodywork

>Will it be the modern McLaren F1?
No. The F1 has a long list of achievements and accolades that's only rivaled by cars built in the '60s.

This car is just another flavor-of-the-month track special that will be forgotten about in a year's time like the FXXK, Vulcan, P1 GTR, etc.

Uhh, that is the road version.

Anyone else here rather have a clk gtr then a f1?

yes

>you now realise the Project One is a CLK GTR facelift with an F1 engine and fancy AWD hybrid system

astonmartin.com/en/live/news/2017/11/16/aston-martin-valkyrie-amr-pro-redefining-the-limits-of-performance

>Honestly how much crazy will these new hyper cars be compared to say a P1 gtr or laferrari fxx or agera one to one or even a legit f1 car.
Areas of automotive design that aren't at their peak yet:
Turbocharging technology, AWD control systems, aerodynamics (especially active aero and ground effects), variable valve timing, carbon composite materials.

And not even close to Formula 1. Because being able to pull six lateral gees in a street car probably isn't a good idea.

Oh, and hybrid/KERS.

No and for one simple reason. The F1 was built to be a pleasant road car first and foremost. Breaking records wasn't in their plans at all.

It is fucking insane to me that the 1:1 HP to KG ratio is already being destroyed, but I guess that's progress for you.

It's always been a matter of having a big enough engine.

*BRAPP*

Has there ever been a supercar with so much of the undercarriage contoured and exposed?

>Curb weight 1,030 kg (2,271 lb)

Still over 1:1 but by barely 2000lb OP probably mean barely over 2000

So fucking ugly

>Just how insane? Top speed is predicted at 250mph. It’ll produce a “sustained” 3.3G through cornering, and more than 3.5G while braking. And, using Red Bull’s simulation tests, it’ll post lap times “to rival those of a contemporary F1 or LMP1 car”. Let that sink in for a moment.

Considering the track only version though

I agree. Has Aston ever made anything groundbreaking or notable other than the James Bond car?

Fairly handsome cars I guess but yeah I see this one disappearing into the books pretty quick. What records is it going to attempt?

If the higher drag track version can do 250, then the road car, whilst not as powerful should be a bit faster. Acceleration compared to the AWD hybrid focused Project One should be worse until like 120mph. Top speed between the two could be somewhat close, due to drag but the Project One is heavier and has less peak hp.

I guess we'll know when some actual information about their downforce and regarding top speed drag coefficients are released, but the Project 1 turbo motor isn't a slouch either.

The name does not matter in this case, the F1 was designed by Gordon Murray, at the time the greatest F1 designer ever.
The Valkyrie is designed by Adrian Newey, the best F1 designer ever. RBR could've made it themselves but it would be a big undertaking even with a bunch of 3rd parties, so that is why they came to Aston.
Of course many of the components of the car are from 3rd parties, the powertrain is Cosworth + Rimac, the CF tub is Multimatic etc. The top of the car is primarily Aston designed, the underbody is all Newey.
This is like the F1 in that it is somehow useable on the road, but the desire is making it push the absolute limits of legality and practicality.

Well, it is a 753hp 2016 F1 engine. Though peak revs are down to 11k from the 15k limit in F1, and the engine does need to be replaced every 50000km.

An upside down Carrera GT. Looking at the part on the ground.

But also Mercedes-AMG is not limited in the fuel flow so with less RPM they can make more power because they can use more boost.

Very true, otherwise I think it would be more at 700-720hp with that restriction.

>V12

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>MUH W16

How about a V6T hybrid?

Stop buying other cars.

For the ridiculous performance he provides, the cars just do not seem that special.

>6.5L flying wing
>1.6L catfish
Lolno

They say that Adrian Newey can "see air" and I get where they are coming from

Mercedes literally used a spare F1 GTR to develop the CLK GTR.

Fucking kek.

>F1 GTR

i dont know why it fucking quoted
i just meant to post the image

>i dont know why it fucking quoted
>i just meant to post the image
Because you painted the word to search it and quoted when it was selected, thus quoting it.

yes sir.

The McLaren F1 was road worthy and not a hassle to put it on the road.
This is just an FXX-K that can be driven in the road after a bunch of alterations, and it will probably never be seen on the road.

I think it's because he doesn't do much in the way of fanfare, just old school function over form mostly. I mean hell only the Regera comes off like it's trying to be something more than a raw supercar. At least that's how I see it.

In reality on a typical Grade 1 track it will probably be between LMP2 and LMP1, since at COTA a 2017 F1 car is 10 seconds faster on pole than the LMP1 pole. On say Le Mans it should beat LMP1's due to the far better top speed, and could get very close to F1 times for the same reason.
Of course in a endurance race it will get shit on by maybe even GTE cars.

>he doesn't do much in the way of fanfare, just old school function over form mostly.
Which is why they're awesome.

good lawd how much downforce does it generate??

WEC is considering replacing LMP1 with the hypercars actually. LMP1 probably will do a faster lap by a longshot but the hypercars would be way better branding for manufacters than LMP.

>WEC is considering replacing LMP1 with the hypercars

Please Jesus, make Prototypes sexy again.

4000lbs, I'd assume at 300km/h or 200mph

There was a P15 concept floating around at one point, so don't doubt it just yet

There is, seems to be a 720S on steroids.

First video of someone in the car. youtube.com/watch?v=qdzQExF4D18