Hey guys

Just the worst valve clearance procedure checking in here. Hopefully your dealer doesn't charge too much for exchanging shims. Good luck setting your timing again afterwards!

I'd much rather swap out 16 shims than try to squeeze a screwdriver and wrench and feeler gauge all in that tiny space between my frame and exhaust valve cover just to adjust 1 rocker arm.

Plus shim and bucket style practically never needs adjustment unless your valves are made of butter.

07 Toyota forerunner here. I cannot find a mechanic to do it. Fucking shim under bucket motorcycle bullshit. 130,000 miles and they straight up refuse. One dude pointed out a forerunner in his parking lot and said, you see that truck there. It has 700,000 miles on it. I’ve been working on it for the last 500,000 miles. I’ve never adjusted the valves.

Just do it yourself god damn.

>mfw anybody says they enjoy 'fidling and adjusting' their old outdated technology of a car
>I turn my key and drive

>under bucked shims
I'd rather pushrods desu

>having valves in the first place

Pushrods pushgods

it's a 3/16 allen. Unless you're a communist

What's that? Some sort of rolled type lifter? Or does the rod attach to that?
Either way it's obviously shit and you'd be better off with normal bucket type lifters.

Fuck off falcunt, you parasite. I hope your engine explodes and takes you with it.

>tfw hydraulic lifters
just waiting for the ticking, then i'll put in thicker oil

Pushrods cuck chads

Oh I see it rolls on the cam, yeah I've heard of those.You'd think it'd wear better than a normal lifter, apparently not.

Look what it did to the stock cam

You mighta had an oil blockage mate.

yes, its called a roller lifter, the roller sits on the cam lobe and the pushrod goes on top of the lifter. this failure most likely happened due do lack of oil. the same can happen to flat tappet lifters. usually the face of the lifter is perfectly flat, but will wear to a concave shape if there isnt enough lubrication. flat tappet lifters require you to use oil with a high ZDDP content to provide enough lubrication, roller lifters dont need ZDDP.

mAh the lifter guide snapped and it span around at weird angles

Well fuck that'd do it.

it's honestly not that bad

throw random shims under the buckets and then check, mark the ones that fit well and repeat.

The lifter noise in my 1600 CVH is unbearable hope I can fix it today.

Mfw people treat all cars like appliances and don't see any value past that
What the fuck are you doing on the auto enthusiast board pleb