New Elantra?

Hello, Eastern Europoor here.

I’ve got a $18k-$20k budget to lease a new car. The new Elantra is on a special offer over here, and I can get an upscale automatic version for $16k or so. Do I go for it? Or any other suggestions? I’m looking for aesthetics first and fun second.

Oh, and I plan to sell it in 4-5 years to buy a real nice car, so durability/reliability isn’t that high on my priorities list.

Get a Yaris or something similar
That Korean garbage will shit out on you and you’ll end up paying a lot to repair it

t.previous owner of a korean car

>Yaris
But it's ugly as shit... And this comes with a full 5-year warranty, and I'll sell it after 4-5. Maybe it will annoy the shit out of me tho. Thanks for your feedback.

>lease a new 20k car
Eh, I'd just buy a cheap-ish shitbox that'll last until you've saved enough to buy something nice outright, unless your job requires you to show up in a new car or something.

I already have one, and I'm sick of fixing it.

Living in Eastern Europe is hell, as no one buys new cars, so the used cars are super expensive. And you have can't import shit as well.

buy a used mercedes, slav.

What year? If its 2018, get a 2017. It hasn't changed unless its a GT.

2017, lol we still don't have the 2018 available. Prolly why they reduced the price by like 30%

Which trim?

elantras are garbage. get a golf or civic for 3k.

1,6 GLS, metalic paint, satnav, all optional extras available in this crappy country

I already have a 3k golf. New golfs are much more expensive and not as aesthetic.

so why are you in the market for a car? just fix it if its broken.

Get a uses Hyundai Genesis

Can't anymore. Trannie about to die. Every month something dies. If I don't sell it now, I'll get 0 value out of it down the line when the transmission and the engine are finally toast.

Also I'm not into fixer uppers... maybe if it was an old Nissan or something I really, really liked I'd be up for it.

>spend 1500 bucks fixing the trans
>have a decent car
the more you fix the more reliable it will be if you're using quality parts. fixing it is cheaper than spending 18k on a shitty new econobox

And when the engine head gives up? It's a crap, old car, and it would take 5-6k to make it reliable... and then I'd still have to invest more and more.

Let's not meme.

why would the head go? if it failed it's probably your fault. it wouldn't cost that much. you're the one memeing. I spent around 3k on my 2k civic over 3 years and it was fine.

I like how these convoys get derailed by autists telling ppl to just fix old shit.

>j-j-just dump more money into old shitbox user

old =/= shit. if it is actually shit then he should've never bought it. Should've bought a mint example.

I've done this song and dance before. Sure it can be fine, but a lot is down to luck/how much you drive your car and a lot of different factors.

I agree it can be a good alternative if you have the patience/knowledge to go down the route of sinking money into your shitbox.

But, I just want a nice, new car that's under warranty.
Hope you can appreciate my point of view.

I was mostly asking for new-car alternatives.

buying new is retarded. warranties are got poorfags with no emergency fund.

Get the cool new red Civic

for*

>driving an old shitty car
>calling others poorfags

Good one

i've got it and i love it. The 2017 GLS. Great on gas. Great interior (roomiest i've seen compared to the others it compares to). Heating steering wheel, heated rear seats. happy with my purchase.

It's 7k more expensive with the same trim over here. But it's guaranteed to be more fun. Tough call.

How's it to drive? Any fun?

i don't drive an old shitty car. if i was looking to spend 18-20k i'd get a more interesting/nicer used car.

I agree that's a good alternative,

but a) I've got about 40%-50% of that in cash right now and
b) people are retards over here and they treat their cars like shit, so buying used is "culturally problematic". And those that do take care of their cars overprice them.

A new car is just a better alternative right now in MY position, not in general.

aka
>i'm too lazy to find a cool car that was treated well

it's better to overpay slightly and get a better car.

Or get a new, reliable decked out car. Why do you keep clinging to your autistic ideas?

Have I personally offended your shitbox sensibilities? There's a reason to buy used, and there's a reason to buy new. For me, the reasons for new outweigh the reasons to buy used. Please ease up on the autism you fucking spectrum baby.

then you're obviously not an enthusiast. why are you here?

Because I like driving, I like car aesthetics and I like new technology.

Who are you the pope of automobiles? Fuck off.

if you like car aesthetics why are you buying anything made in the last 10 years?

the tech from the last 10 years is mostly gimmicks.

Because I don't subscribe to new cars are shitty looking meme? There's some really nice lookers, and I think both the Elantra and The Civic are great looking.

Also I like banging your mom on the backseat, so having heated rear-seats in an economy car is not a gimmick, it's a necessity for me.

Now please take your autism somewhere else.

This Elantra doesn't look aesthetic first (that rear) and fun either.
Thought about going Skoda or KIA? Skoda Rapid looks nice; dad owns a Kia Cee'd for 10 years, no problems to this day. Before 2018 Hyundai wants to start selling i30 Fastback, which they advertise as more sporty.
Oh, and there's F(ix)I(t)A(gain)T(ony) Tipo if you really don't care about durability and are ready to buy something with unknown reliability (too short on market to check this IMO).

If you europoor
Check Honda City mate