>Looking for a pick up truck
>Co-worker said he has someone selling a 2002 Tundra
>$3,000
>See truck, everything looks fine.
>Put key in ignition
>300k+
>lolnope.exe
>do a 360 and walk away.

So Veeky Forums how bad is the Toyota tax where you live?

Other urls found in this thread:

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-toyota-4runner-sr5-4x4/6359681446.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>So Veeky Forums how bad is the Toyota tax where you live?
its horrid, its not just in certain locations the toyo tax is insane and it is everywhere
SMFH toyofags will defend this

>1998 4runner
>250k miles
>asking 8000

Yeah nope

I love the the 4runners and tacomas, but at that point i'd rather get a minivan for 3000 and not give a fuck

Holy fuck user where do you live? The amount of delusion is unreal.

Actually I looked at a 98 gmc k2500 later on for 1500 shekels. Think I might get it tomorrow

Im in Colorado, but I'm pretty sure that guy wasn't looking to sell right away. My buddy had a 98 4runner at 250k and he was like 6000$ firm, and it was his daily so no rush to sell it. He was always like "New heads bro itll run another 150k easy.

But i just looked on craigslist and:
fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-toyota-4runner-sr5-4x4/6359681446.html

Thats the most "reasonable" price I've seen in my area

My dad got a 4runner with 250k miles for $4,500 died at around 534k 7 years later

>18year old car
>qurter million miles
>5000 (Five thousand) DOLLHAIRS

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not too bad in the PNW. i can get a mid 80's to 90's pick up for 2k.

I just got an 04 w 290km limited for 4.5k
With that said, it is from Ontario (some rust that I'm fixing) and it was in 2 accidents (no issues from them).
The thing drives fkn amazing.

I am doing all work myself and will be keeping it for the next 5- 10years easy.
It drives like a charm. I see why they go for stupid amounts everywhere. The v8 helps a lot when I want to tow my frs

ontarioanon?

I cant find any trucks here that arent overpriced as fuck

That's 4.5k cad (+tax) so it's like 3.5usd (+tax).

So tldr.
Kijiji 4runners for 4.5k in Toronto and drive over and pick one up thats got good frame and drivetrain

>The v8 helps a lot when I want to tow my frs
that must happen quite often considering the frs barely has enough power to climb any type of incline.

Thats good to hear, I always consider 4runners but the price and miles scare me away

Yessir.

Was looking for a 4runner for probably 4months before I picked mine up.
You can negotiate down to 4.5k on all of them. Don't pay more. I had to put in 1k so far into it. And it'll be another 1k over next year (but it'll be done right).

Make sure frame is not rusted through and can be rust converted.

Expect to deal with brakes (full replacement), belt, shocks. The rest is decent.

Unless it's super charged ;) you should give it a go and see what all the hype is about.

frs is a meme :^)

Get v8. They last longer with the miles.
Divide by 2 and that's the engine wear. It runs super low rpm all the time.

Memes are memes :^)

3k for a truck that would happily go another 300k is a good deal

Go buy a 2k murican truck and watch it die or have to do major rebuilds at 300k

>I cant find any trucks here that arent overpriced as fuck

go out in the country, farm boys are always selling their trucks for cheap

But muh innnerfurance engeen and timinnbeltds!

>be southern New England.
>Toyota tax severe on Tacomas and 4runners. Not really a big deal on their other cars and SUVs unless you are talking about a Supra or land cruiser.

>buy Lexus models instead of Toyota models for about the same money on used market. Next DD for me will likely be a GX470 because used 4runners are either priced so high you might as well buy new, or have a billion miles on them.

>buy Lexus rx350 because highlanders are usually optioned put mall crawlers and cost almost the same, if not more on used market.

> same deal with Camry/Avalon and ES350 unless buying poverty tier 4 cyl camrys.

>go to toyota website
>check out our used cars
>2010 aygo with 100000km 8000 euros
>brand new aygo is less than 12000 euros

even toyota imposes the toyota tax on used cars.

What the fuck is southern new england

>Southern New England
Just fucking say Connecticut you weirdo

That feel when I got a 96 yota 4x4 with 91k for 4,300 this summer

Eeeh... for the price of a 2003 Hilux with a 102hp diesel, manual, no equipment, very light rust, no faults and 112 000 miles I could've gotten a 2007 Nissan Navara with 170hp, AC, no faults, also very light rust, higher tow rating and 90000-100000 miles, or a Mitsubishi L200 with roughly the same spec, or even a newer one with 170 000 miles-ish

>he doesnt pull shitty american trucks out of barns for free

>he then doesnt swap all the fluids and abuse the shit out of it with no other maintenance for years

still starts evri tiem even if it runs a little rough at idle

>buying Toyota
>caring about miles

Well there's your problem; miles don't matter in a Toyota.

In Leafland old Toyota trucks are either expensive as fuck with massive fender flares with nothing underneath and 400k kms or they're expensive with a 3.0 and no body or frame left. Newer Tundra's and Tacomas are 10 years old with 300k kms for $7k less than MSRP.

Got a 1995 t100 sr5 for 2300 with 130k on it. From a muslim dude. Im not sure he knew about the toyota tax. Good truck so far, needed new shocks.

The Toyota tax is crazy high in Houston.

So what's the consensus/o/? Does 30% sound about right on the Toyota tax? Maybe even 50% mark up?

>implying he's not a filthy jew yorker trying to clump his ilk in with the superior NE master race

>ausfag
>mate is looking at getting a triton, links me, 2013, auto, dual cab, 100,000kms, $19,000.
>i go not the hilux?
>as i wait for a reply
>carsales. toyota hilux, 2013, dual cab, 100,000kms, manual.. $39,000

yeah i'd get the triton too.

You stupid faggot, pickups and SUVs are cheap over there. You should try living in Texas.