Good rally cars?

Canuck here. I currently have an enormous fixation on buying an Evo 6 but everything tells me it's not a good idea

>must go through all the bullshit import paperwork
>rustland
>no kind of under seal whatsoever
>18 y/o car prone to rusting
>no easily available parts
>live in frogbec meaning they are banned here so I must register the car in Ontario and live with the daily fear police will check on me

But I can't find anything that compares to it? New cars are all pigfat and boring. I want something raw/barebones, quirky, reliable and strong enough to drive all year round. What are some other choices, except Subaru? What about a Dodge Neon project, pump a few k$ on turbo and shiet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pT-Xl6ekv1k
youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrx, e30, b5 audi(be ready for audi maintaince), miata, 240

get a ford rs 200

>WRX
no, I don't like subaru and bunch of my friends have issues with them, even stock

>e30, B5 Audi
I said reliable and somewhat cheap, German cars not even once

>240
Good luck finding one in good condition

Does not exist here

Mid 2000s ford focus. Ive seen a guy rallyx his and consistently place top 5 overall across all classes.

I test drove one and was very impressed. Amazing handling considering what a shit box it is. Just make sure it's a manual. Handled better than any subbie I've driven. I only tested it on tarmac, though.

Just get a shitbox and turn it into a rally car. There's not much point in gutting something nice.

North American version is shit tho

Don't plan on gutting, just daily drive it and push it from time to time

any T5-based FWD/awd volvo

make sure it is a T5 engine paired with the M66 transmission. they're bullet proof and solid rally cars. it's obvious you're new to rally so don't get RWD. if you learn FWD, you can apply those same fundamentals to AWD cars -- and vice versa.

the T5 engine will have a borg warner k04 that can take up to 25psi of boost so you can always tune it later

wait i just read this. why the fuck are you looking for "rally cars" if you're only going to DD it

get off the board you dumbass and get a civic

What I meant by rally car is what I said in the OP. Quick, nimble, reliable and somewhat powerful. Modern cars are all boring pigfat

you clearly have no clue what a rally car is then

they are neither reliable nor cheap

So you just want a car that you can pretend is a rally car? Lancer or wrx

>good rally’s car
>not a Caldina
Hmmm

Ok just forget about the rally part. What would best suit my needs?

Ain't touching subaru

Why? It has the fake racer look.

Oi Listen here m8, e30 325i's are so reliable a rally company has built a business around buying clapped out ones and thrashing them all day every day. In fact entire racing series exist for them still to this day, so before you open your stupid fucken gob again take a second to remind yourself that you're a fucking thick cunt.

Link to make sure you know you're a stupid fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=pT-Xl6ekv1k

Also before you say anything else, just remember you're stupid fuck who probably doesn't know it. Stay away from nice cars you'll only fuck them up for the next cunt.

>I said reliable and somewhat cheap, German cars not even once
Evos aren't reliable or cheap either, user, especially imported ones that are impossible to find parts for

Just get a WRX like every other boyracer who wants to pretend his shitbox is a rally car

Hi QC, NB here.
evos are banned there? what?
I constantly buy my JDM mobiles from QC and NS.
What are you on about?

celica

VU
U

You can no longer register RHD vehicles after 2011. Plus, we already have a 25 year ban on imported vehicles. The cars you see were bought before 2009 and registered before 2011

>E30
>Unreliable

Shit, this user is right.
You want FWD? Later model GT-S with the 2ZZ.
You want RWD? Get an 80s model with the solid 22RE.
You want AWD? Good luck, but finding an ST165,185, or 205 is the answer.

Toyota reliability, good looks, plenty of rice potential if that's your thing.

>I will just spew memes and hope someone wouldn't call me a retard.

Just get a FWD shitbox and kill yourself, faggot.

I had a tme Evo, live in Manitoba. It's not bad. The ayc is really shitty in cold weather. Would recommend getting an RS Evo or swap to rs diff. Other than that they are solid cars. Steering feels heavy in cold weather (-20 or lower) a decent set of winter tires and a good 10-15 minute start before every drive and you'll be fine .

Get a cheap Civic

For rally you want fwd and you want to be okay with it getting beaten the shit out of

So it has nothing to do with being a rally car then

A rally car is a car driven for rally racing

Rally racing is super bumpy dirt tracks which require
>modification to make the car more sturdy
This usually involves totally gutting the interior.

e30 a reliable desu

>I want something raw/barebones, quirky, reliable and strong enough to drive all year round.

Be like the rest of Canada and get a truck.

youtube.com/watch?v=W-iMNnvhwg4

So you want a sports sedan then

Yaris with a few simple mods

Just get a damn Subaru and shut up. It has the looks you want and the awd for "rally" and it will be reliable and cheap to fix compared to an Evo

Kek

>register the car in Ontario
Not sure if you can insure it in Quebec while it's reg'd in Ont, but if not you're fucked. Rhd insurance in Ontario consists of like 2 companies who will dry fuck you in the ass on rates cause they can.

Dis