crash.org.au/

Nobike? Start here:
→ →

Webms with sound:
Previous thread:
→ →

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F#Specifications
ebay.com/itm/7-75-Universal-Chrome-Motorcycle-Headlight-H4-Bulb-Round-Lamp-Custom-Light/401373639238?hash=item5d73bbb246:g:I8wAAOSwo~lZedwM&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yamaha a best

BMW riders are good enough to not need smooth power curves.

Jesus

That's exciting on a bigger bike like a ducati and all, but just unpleasant on something that tops out at like 35hp

>Go out to practice body positioning
>Bring gopro to record
>placed it too far away
>only got a blow decent webm

Just bought an '07 nighthawk 250 as my first bike. Rode the same type in the motorcycle safety course I took, outside of what I already know about it from riding one for a little bit, is there anything I should know about it?

Also, thoughts?
>google image

don't ride it at night. the headlight sucks.
don't corner very hard or try and go over huge bumps. the suspension and frame suck.
don't ride it at high speeds. the engine sucks.
don't let it sit and idle. air cooling sucks.
don't ride it on really windy days. it's very light and you have a sail (instruments) attached directly to the steering apparatus.

Good econo-bike for starters and people who want a shitload of gas mileage with cheap maintenance.

It's a great little bike, but it's not for long distance cruises. You can upgrade the headlight to an LED (do it) as well as the brake lights and turn signals (do it). I'd also suggest reflective clothing at night because it's a small, low, dimly lit bike when stock. A reflective jacket or vest doesn't make you a nerd when you're riding a bike like this, it just makes you sane.

Good commuting bike, but I wouldn't suggest long journeys (uncomfortable seat) and I certainly wouldn't suggest taking it on the freeway unless you almost have to or you're just commuting in low traffic. Even then, keep an eye out for assholes.

>don't corner very hard or try and go over huge bumps. the suspension and frame suck.
I can drag my knee before I lay a CB250 down. I mean, I wouldn't recommend it, but the lower ride height helps it have a low center of gravity, and it's lightweight enough to throw around with some confidence.

Post your bikes /dbt/

My custom 1993 Yamaha Virago 1100 rat bike

>reverse image search
>nothing found
What happened to this poor thing?

Ayyy we yamaha up in this bitch now

I bought the bike for $400 not running, I got it running to an acceptable level and then started work on turning it into a rat bike for the keks really. Literally everything on there can be removed and replaced to original in less than a day. I more or less just enter it in shows and ride it around town for reactions.

Sure, but what the fuck is up with the piece of rusty tetanus covered sheet metal that you deem acceptable as a seat?
I know stand fags are out in full swing, but it's a cruiser dammit, it's meant to be sit on.

It's not that bad really but if I'm going to be riding for any measurable amount of time I do put a pad on it.

If that's the case, it looks like a cool little project you got for yourself. I'm glad you're happy with it and able to show it off to others who can share in the enjoyment of your adventure.

It's literally just a rebranded Malaysian brand, what did you expect?

how do i make time go faster while still making money dudes, i want it to be spring already so i can buy my shovelhead

Yeah, I'm probably going to sell it soon though. Not really practical to ride because there's an 80% chance of being pulled over on it because police can't in to rat bikes.

Y tho
I gotta ask, what compels you to but an heavy, outdated shitbike at a 1000% markup?

What the actual fuck

Because I want one. I rode my uncle's and I loved it. If I cared about practicality, speed, handling, weight, etc would i be saving up for a Harley from the Nixon/ford/carter era?

I've been looking for dual sport or 80/20s of some sort tires for my cb250 for a while, I can't find any good matches unfortunately. Would love to take mine into light trails and such on the weekends.

Still, you're paying a lot of money for very little bike

~4k for a big twin harley that will appreciate in value isnt a whole lot of cash. when im done, itll be a sweet chopper. choppers are hot now and hipsters will pay top dollar for a clapped out harley from the 70s

what other bikes have you rode?

08 600rr
79 KZ650
02 CB250 (MSF)
80 G550 (mine)
75 FXE Shovelhead

GS550*

They're really not
Hipsters are shifting to neutered nakeds with gaudy styling, almost none of them are willing to buy used
Your iron pig will only appreciate in harley circles, and they don't like hackjobs

City hipsters I could see going for gaudy nakeds, but hipsters in areas with lots of flat, long, and straight roads (like the midwest, where I live) are going for choppers. Im gonna build a simple one without hacking the frame and keep the original parts to put it back to original and sell the parts. A 66-69 shovelhead currently will go for around 10k. 10k for a bike with inferior head design, ignition, and fuel delivery to the 70-84 shovelheads. Harley hipsters are weird with what they think is valuable.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR600F#Specifications

the most depressing table on wikipedia ever

>that slow decline from brilliant comfy sportbike to slow shitbike with fairings marketed to faggots who won't shut up about muh low end torque

>slow

*sudden

There's a similar situation with viragos
A 650 you can buy for 500, but as soon as you enter London it's 3k for one in pieces, almost 6 for a project
Ditto with cx500s

>Slow decline
More like complete turnaround
I dunno why they even consider the 650 part of the 600 family, since it has nothing to do with it
600s have always been nervous little shits, we're just transitioning from 600 4 banger to 700 triple, because the racing class decided so
Exactly like what happened when we went from 750/4 & 1000/twin to 1000/4 & whatever twin

Where are the 700 triples? I thought kawasaki's 600s were still WINNING (like they always do) and that the rules didn't allow triples over 675.

Kawi's 1000s are winning, but in the sbk, which unfortunately no other manufacturer gives a shit about
Moto2 will switch from honda 600 to triumph 765 triples

>Moto2
>affecting the consumer market

it does more than wsbk
nobody cares about that, people watch moto2 when they tune in early to motogp

only reason kawasaki wins wsbk is because they're too scared to race with the big boys in motogp, even Aprilia blew them out of the water when they cared about it.

They could just do a honda and find thesmelves a short spanish man who can make the worst bikes into winners.

>be Aprilia
>make first in house engined baiku
>reviewers seem to like it
>lol, let's race it in superstock
>it does decent
>send stock road bike to the slaughter in motoGP
>keeps up
truly the most based of manufacturers

they really have no business being as good as they are for their size

>Aprilia: mom we wanna race in the Grand Prix
>Piaggio: young lady, do what you want, but I ain't giving you a single cent
>Aprilia: *races RSV4s straight off the production line*

If you wanna have your mind blown go read the internal documents on the RSV4's tunable frame
everything is adjustable, even the position of the swingarm, rake angle, trail length, EVERYTHING

Yeah that's why it annoyed me that one of the publications got their rsv4 to test. They all come set up for street riding because that's what 90% of people will use it for, they brought it to the track with a longer rake and trail and wheel length, then complained it was slow to turn in.

Would have been fixed if they just opened the manual or knew anything about it, it states the specific adjustments for the track settings in the manual. They wouldn't have had to test it or anything; just turn some bolts and set the suspension up with the dash. All the other publications say it was really flickable.

The rsv4 does understeer tho
It's the main problem they have in motogp
as soon as they solve that they're golden

When will vintage dirtbikes be discovered by hipsters and replace the cafe cuck mania?

They tried with the AT, making it as nostalgic and accessible as possible with the tricolour and auto

the super tenere is pure sex

If bikes like the xsr700 and z900rs keep being designed we should be fine.

Wish I'd waited a year now that the xsr700 is out and I bought an fz

why are dakar bikes so sexy?

I hear you, bud.

My prof has got a super sexy one

And here, a p/d from the last gen

kek. What's up with Spanish manlets and insane riding skills?

>that square boxer
>that red seat
Mmmggggggnnnn

Anyone else feel weird jumping back and from riding different types of bike.
Like sport to an upright.
Although I almost always feel right on a dirt bike.

yeah, it's an entirely different concept for leaning from my sportbike to my naked

tfw no trusty agbike
>designed to be fixed on a farm
>carrying racks front and rear
>immune to being dropped
>big comfy seat
>enclosed chain
>kick or electric start who cares

;_; even dualsports are water cooled these days

that looks metal as fuck holy shit

what are you planning on selling it for?

Leaning is definitely different.
But it just felt weird getting back on the naked after a couple days on the sport.
Mainly I just ant to keep it in decent condition so I ride it now and again.
One of the big difference for me was the naked got semi uncomfortable after an hour or so. Killed my back.

opposite for me, sportbike wrecks my back within 20 minutes and i've ridden the naked for 8+ hours straight

I've gathered that's the norm.
But my back likes to be hunched over for some reason.
My ass gets dead quicker on the sport but that pretty reasonable.

1st bike: 2013 CBR250r

2nd bike: 1997 vt600 Shadow.

Does the custom windshield do a good job at highway speeds?

what a QT

I need those bead seats

How should I redo this badge? What kind of paint should I use?

what bike for starters

Honda CD175

I've got a Yamaha YBR125 that needs a new headlamp

When looking on eBay what am I looking for?

I need one that sits on without the huge cover, like a a cafe racer

>175

Like this

What is this? Where do I buy it?

this is the one time that cheap ebay parts are perfect.
example: ebay.com/itm/7-75-Universal-Chrome-Motorcycle-Headlight-H4-Bulb-Round-Lamp-Custom-Light/401373639238?hash=item5d73bbb246:g:I8wAAOSwo~lZedwM&vxp=mtr

prolly a bunch more too

Make sure you have the voltage on your bike figured out. It's not hard to convert stuff over to the voltage you need on an old bike, but it would suck if you bought a lamp that doesn't work immediately and you gotta wait even longer

Since your bike is a fairly recent YBR125 (assuming like early 2000?), you could probably just buy any 12V and it'd be G2G. (Just google it first to confirm)

>tfw the bike industry is going crazy with innovation
>competition is at an all time high

Gonna buy myself a birthday present late next year after the November Milan show

I ought to pick up an aircooled dualsport while theyre still cheap.

Cheers thanks. My bike is gonna look like pic related once it's done.

Is there anyway I can make it look more like a café racer?

I'm eBay shopping for cheap parts right now so if you know of any aftermarket parts let me know.

It's the ugly exhaust I wanna do something about but aftermarket exhausts are too expensive.

Fuck. I just started my bike (GSX 1200) this morning, and it quickly formed a 3-5cm (1-2 inch) puddle of oil. Not huge, but it is leaking.

I've already got an appointment set for 9 december to get my tires and oil changed at the shop my dad goes to. He's paying, as a birthday gift. How do I ride in the meantime? Just top the oil up? It doesn't leak once it's warm, just when I just started it. When I started it again to go away from uni, it also made a small puddle, about the same size, and then quickly dried up.

It looks like it's coming from the oil filter or hose going to the oil cooler, which are about next to each other. My bet is on the filter, it's probably overtightened (in which case screw it untill I get fresh oil) or not tight enough - in which case I can't tighten it, because I don't have one of those strap thingies, and the exhaust manifold is in the way.

Don't ride it for 3 weeks. Top up the oil and ride it to the shop.

Does anyone on /dbt/ stunt?

I'm trying to get the seat stand down, but I can't get the nerve to extend my knees after I get my feet on the seat.

What country are you in? I'd wait to get a bigger, more permanent bike to do that to, unless you're planning on keeping this for a long time (think 4+ years) or if you're in a place where those are big enough bikes (Thailand, Malaysia, urban cities in general, etc.)

Even then I'd still think about finding another bike to do it to, like an old UJM/standard. Cafe racers seem to be heavily based around the seating and body, and the YBR has a buncha extra plastic parts, so you'd be looking at an overhaul to get that all sorted out. (See pic - the bike was chopped quite a bit to get that look; it's actually a LOT of work to get a functional cafe racer that looks really good. Check out Bike-exif or similar, they've got a solid guide on their basic guidelines that builders tend to follow.)

If you're still interested, look at replacing the seat, finding spoked wheels of that side, adding clip-on handlebars, moving the tach/speedometer, changing turn signals, etc. Replacing a couple parts is pretty simple, but building a cafe racer is a lot of work, and you'd need some good technical expertise to get it to look great.

I'm trailering it no matter what, screw riding in the freezing colds for two hours, back and forth, and a motorcycle with an oil leak.

>Why is your shop 2 hours away?
Because dad is an idiot and he's paying.

Best I can do is shit wheelies.

What bike you got?

The only way I'm getting my front wheel off the ground is if I put a bigger sprocket on.

>tfw no Japanese adv bike sub 500 lbs with over 100hp

It`s a Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom
Anything with a clutch should be able to get into the sky. Maybe stand on passenger foot pegs and yank it.

>Anything with a clutch should be able to get into the sky.
Former scooter rider here, anything with two wheels can pop a wheelie.

>Buy Africa Twin.

>Flash the ECU.

>???

>Profit.

Only thing I've managed to do is get it about 6" up in first gear, but by the time I'm rolling on I'm already red lining.

Is it literally just pulling the handle bars up? I don't know if I've got enough torque to clutch up past 2nd.

What are you riding? I am shit at wheelies but once you have a balance point figured out you can wheelie all day, until the engine gets fucked without oil, and be stable.

CBR500R

Yea you'll need the clutch for that, roll along at 10-15 in first, pull the clutch in and rev it to 4000, then dump the clutch see how far up that gets you, then do the same thing but add 1000 rpm, keep going until you start getting good ones.

Is valve checks really that important?

Just got my 24,000 mile service done for £244 and I wonder if it's really that necessary or just a Jew trick.

what is the cheapest possible bike i can get, and how difficult is it to restore a broken bike to working condition? and if im an 19 year old white guy with no accidents will insurance be expensive?

Shit bike
Costs more than you can afford
Yes

Where do you live and what is your budget
Post Craigslist maybe

>>competition is at an all time high
And yet every bike looks the same